Protest/rally/march latest

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Protest/rally/march latest

Postby ornchurch ammer on Fri May 11, 2018 9:48 am

I still say that the best, and easiest, way to protest is to stay in your seats, or someone else's, after the game on Sunday. Just sit there or join in with anti board chants, it will still make the point that the fans are unhappy and want change from the top.

Takes no real organising. Just stay put and protest.
ornchurch ammer

Postby LincolnshireHammer on Fri May 11, 2018 9:50 am

Real West Ham action Group have effectively achieved nothing....

Not only that but they have displaced any future trust in this kind of movement.
LincolnshireHammer

Postby DevonshireRoad on Fri May 11, 2018 10:06 am

We're about to go through another p*ss poor transfer window (probably*), and they will also no doubt make a mess of handling the Moyes situation. Add a poor run of form early doors, my prediction is by October there will be more Burnley style scenes. Forget RWFAG they are a busted flush, it will be more impromptu, self directed and real.

* we all know it will be
DevonshireRoad

Postby jimmy666 on Fri May 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Sauce! wrote:Sorry to bump the thread (from bottom of page 2 :fsake: ) but is there going to be any form of protest before the Everton game and if so when & where.

If not can I assume that we are all content with another year of making up the numbers in the "Best League in the World".

GSB OUT

I believe the plan is to meet at the Podium bar at 13:00 and go from there.
jimmy666

Postby Junco Partner on Fri May 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Wouldn't mind a ramble around Stratford at Sunday lunchtime, walk the roast off.

Is the podium 1pm the only option or are there ramblers still rambling around Stratford Park or anywhere?
Junco Partner

Location: Rude and reckless, crude and feckless, been drinking brew for breakfast

Postby Oldammer on Sat May 12, 2018 2:48 am

Asked this a couple of pages back, does anybody know of anyone that got any kind of refund for wasted flights, etc.
Oldammer

Postby hammerman11 on Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 am

everton game is the perfect match to protest against the shysters. we are safe and we should let gsb know again what we think of them. also moyes out !

terrible season in a terrible non football stadium in the stratford wasteland

we sold our soul for this **** hole !
hammerman11

Postby Georgee Paris on Sat May 12, 2018 8:52 am

According to many on here the only way to protest is by not going - so I will give that method a try.
Georgee Paris

Postby scoobydo on Sat May 12, 2018 12:52 pm

The only protest that is going to work is if NOBODY attends the home matches, all season ticket holders should NOT renew their memberships until this bunch of ***** sell and **** off! Maybe a mass pitch invasion and sit in? if you still attend and pay your hard earned cash that is! Headbanger
scoobydo

Postby hammerleroy on Sat May 12, 2018 6:01 pm

Scoobydo I'm with you there. But I did declare on here that my last season ticket was 2015/2016 and my last ever game was THAT Mancs game! After 50 years of attending the Boleyn it seemed the perfect way to say goodbye for ever. Events since have proved me right in spades and at the ripe old age of 72 I will never be back. I'm just too old for all that malarkey and so I am now officially an armchair supporter! I will follow everything on here and have a healthy respect for everyone's opinions and of course opinions are like a***holes, everyone's got one! Keep it going Kumbers! :crest:
hammerleroy

Postby Shy Ted on Sat May 12, 2018 6:26 pm

scoobydo wrote:Maybe a mass pitch invasion and sit in?

scoop I don't agree with that part of your statement.

A mass pitch invasion would probably effect next season in some form, and will only be seen as celebrating survival, and give fans bad press again.

I think not attending or being very very vocal of the board is the best way.
Shy Ted

Postby Phil S on Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 pm

anyone know how Wayne's protest went today?
Phil S

Postby sanchoz on Thu May 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Phil S wrote:anyone know how Wayne's protest went today?

Was on Irons United last night for a live youtube chat with Wayne where he does talk about the protests he has arranged. Number of things discussed between us, about WHUISA and in general some protest ideas going forwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psC9gfdUrAI
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby mushy on Thu May 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Did the new mob meet WHUISA in the end?

Last time I looked at their Facebook page they were doing a great impression of the other Facebook page and claiming WHUISA were scared/refusing to meet them.
Whilst calling them names such as 'a bunch of tree planters' .
I get the impression that some peoples agenda is rather more then just supporting West Ham.
You can only be a real West Ham supporter if you act like me, vote like me, and look like me.
mushy

Postby Duff on Tue May 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Given rumours that talks were held with Pellegrini in Jan, I can't help but wonder if this was what caused the protests to be cancelled, any chance this could have been disclosed?

Would at least go some way to explaining the complete turnaround?
Duff

Postby iLoveLasagne on Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Duff wrote:Given rumours that talks were held with Pellegrini in Jan, I can't help but wonder if this was what caused the protests to be cancelled, any chance this could have been disclosed?

If I recall correctly, they stated that the reason will be apparent in 9 months' time so around Christmas. Probably hope that everyone has forgotten about it and nothing will be mentioned.
iLoveLasagne

Postby wizzo_66 on Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Duff wrote:Given rumours that talks were held with Pellegrini in Jan, I can't help but wonder if this was what caused the protests to be cancelled, any chance this could have been disclosed?

Pellegrini can't give us the Boleyn back, the pub, Nathan's, Green Street, the stalls, the anticipation as you leave Upton Park station, our own stadium that we owned....etc etc.
wizzo_66

Postby Duff on Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

wizzo_66 wrote:Pellegrini can't give us the Boleyn back, the pub, Nathan's, Green Street, the stalls, the anticipation as you leave Upton Park station, our own stadium that we owned....etc etc.

Agreed, but it would be a better explanation than the promise of beer shelves.

But maybe it's part of something more, hopefully. It's a surprise that GSB have invested in a decent manager and likely he requires funds as part of the deal so here's hoping there's something else going on this is just the start.
Duff

Postby goa127 on Tue May 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Pellegrini can't give us the Boleyn back, the pub, Nathan's, Green Street, the stalls, the anticipation as you leave Upton Park station, our own stadium that we owned....etc etc.[/quote]

No one can. That ship has sailed long ago. He might give us some entertainment though.
goa127

Postby Rocket on Wed May 23, 2018 6:56 am

goa127 wrote:No one can. That ship has sailed long ago. He might give us some entertainment though.

But we can and should still be trying to hound out the people who took it all from us.
Rocket

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion