Was Noble right to do what he did? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Was Mark Noble right to confront the supporter who ran onto the pitch in the manner that he did?

Yes
35%
No
53%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 445

Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Re: Was Noble right to do what he did? [POLL]

Post by Mega Ron »

Why do some of you lot think it's ok to class protesters as nobheads?

Is it because the media keeps banging on about it being unacceptable?
Tarte Encore
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Tarte Encore »

hongkonghammer wrote:As .
Since the events of Saturday afternoon this single, peaceful act of defiance has been picked up on by those of us who already knew exactly what it symbolised and also by the press in several, very well judged and informed articles that brings the current treatment of our supporters by past and present 'custodians' into sharp, history repeating relief.

The stadium might not be iconic but that single act of defiance inside it most definitely was. In time, and as this situation's cards fall where they may, I hope you'll come to appreciate that

Bubbles. You are a hero.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

Those who keep banging that it happened solely because we were losing the game then explain why these fans haven't reacted this way on numerous occasions in the past at the London Stadium when we are 'losing the game'?
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Dwight1970 wrote:Those who keep banging that it happened solely because we were losing the game then explain why these fans haven't reacted this way on numerous occasions in the past at the London Stadium when we are 'losing the game'?
They can't because it wouldn't fit this stupid idea that West Ham fans support West Ham because we win every game and that we all want results all the time over anything. Obviously the reason we became West Ham fans is because of our success, I am 26 almost 27 and we haven't won a real trophy since 10 years before I was born.
Aycliffe

Post by Aycliffe »

Think he should have shown the same approach as Ginge.
polar
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by polar »

^^^^
exactly what I was going to type.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Dwight1970 wrote:Those who keep banging that it happened solely because we were losing the game then explain why these fans haven't reacted this way on numerous occasions in the past at the London Stadium when we are 'losing the game'?

Exactly. They just dont get it. Losing games we're used too but what happened on Saturday was the straw that broke the camels back.

As for HongKong hammer ****ing off the likes of Bubbles for what he did. :lol:
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Genuinely surprised with how this poll is going. I've only seem the few seconds of Noble throwing the bloke across the floor so i've not seen the build up to it, but would have thought most would back him.

Personally i'm on the fence. I can see reasons for and against what he did.
DICKSY'S BOOTS

Post by DICKSY'S BOOTS »

It looked like he lost his temper to me.
Bramwell
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bramwell »

DICKSY'S BOOTS wrote:It looked like he lost his temper to me.
Nobes lost his temper, the fan lost his mind...in my humble opinion.

I have the utmost respect for the guy (Paul) with the flag. He knew his history and he knew the impact it would evoke, plus he did what he did peacefully and with great humility. I think the guy who Nobes jostled to the ground deserved everything he got. Taking a piece of A4 paper onto the middle of ANY pitch (even Upton Park or Loftus Road) was always going to have zero visibility...let alone doing it in the soulless bowl. He didn't think it through, and - in that moment - he 'assisted' the second Burnley goal (or, at the very least, gave our players the perfect excuse for conceding it).

Many of the protestors on Saturday were heroes...but not every single one of them (IMHO).
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

No.

He acted like a twat and spoke like a **** who is in the pockets of the chairman.

Absolutely plummeted in respect levels.
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

I don't understand that the actions of the first invader are treated as fact that he directly caused the second goal because it is not like we don't go on to concede more than one goal in matches very often lately, I appreciate that it didn't help but prior to the first goal Burnley were on top and had just had a goal disallowed that we failed to react to as a warning and with the introduction of Wood, Burnley were starting to carve us apart something Moyes did not look to change until after the second goal.

It seems to be epidemic at the club and some supporters in blaming others rather than those who are directly responsible and for the 2nd goal it was the players and Moyes not some pitch invader who are to blame especially when they have been capable of conceding plenty with the full support of our fans most of the season.
Lt. Discussion

Post by Lt. Discussion »

As someone who is so West ham he got it massively wrong. If you're so frustrated take it out on Burnley. He f***** up massively. I don't care if he's weshed 'am froo an froo. He was a disgrace. One of our own? B******* he is
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 79 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

part of Mark noble...captain, leader, legend...died for me saturday afternoon. I was ****ing furious with how he reacted. i get he wanted to get on with the game and i have sympathy for that....in hindsight a better thing for him to do other than usher the fan off would have been to gather the boys together and get them motivated that the games isnt over...something he has failed to turn around on too many occasions....instead no of course he jumps recklessly into challenges for the next 2 minutes proving hed lost his head and of course we lose the second goal. I dont hold the fans coming onto the field responsible for our loss saturday... Sorry mr west ham, this ones on you!!!
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

It just doesn't look good does it? Like most stuff that happened on Saturday it wasn't as bad as people make out, but we could just do without it to be honest.
Lt. Discussion

Post by Lt. Discussion »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:No.

He acted like a twat and spoke like a **** who is in the pockets of the chairman.

Absolutely plummeted in respect levels.
Spot f*****g on!
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

I don't believe it's right to question what he did.

Let's say that someone thinks it's right to be able to go onto the pitch where they aren't supposed to be.Why then adversely should the same person think it's wrong for a player attempt to chuck them back off, especially as said player wasn't expecting the person to be there on the pitch in the first place.

It's effectively their place of work

If some went into a banks back office and started picking up a printer and placing it somewhere else all because he didn't like the way the bank was run, they would expect to be chucked straight out and couldn't complain if it was by one of the clerks and not the security guy.

Don't try and make a villain out of someone who doesn't deserve it just because they happen to disagree with you.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Rays Rock wrote:I don't believe it's right to question what he did.

Let's say that someone thinks it's right to be able to go onto the pitch where they aren't supposed to be.Why then adversely should the same person think it's wrong for a player attempt to chuck them back off, especially as said player wasn't expecting the person to be there on the pitch in the first place.

It's effectively their place of work

If some went into a banks back office and started picking up a printer and placing it somewhere else all because he didn't like the way the bank was run, they would expect to be chucked straight out and couldn't complain if it was by one of the clerks and not the security guy.

Don't try and make a villain out of someone who doesn't deserve it just because they happen to disagree with you.

I think it was more the manner in which he tried to get the bloke off...
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 79 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

thats the job of security...stewards....thats not what we pay mark noble for....and as for his i was protecting myself jibes....you can tell that some PR/legal got hold of him as soon as he got off...'say you felt threatened'.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Lt. Discussion wrote:As someone who is so West ham he got it massively wrong. If you're so frustrated take it out on Burnley. He f***** up massively. I don't care if he's weshed 'am froo an froo. He was a disgrace. One of our own? B******* he is
Quite interesting that those posts which have been most disparaging about Noble, especially the ones who mock him for being "Mr West Ham" or "One of our own" are nearly all from posters only in triple figures, and many in just the few hundreds.

I don't know if that is coincidence, age related or some other more agenda driven reason....
Last edited by Bend it like Repka on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.