Was Noble right to do what he did? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Was Mark Noble right to confront the supporter who ran onto the pitch in the manner that he did?

Yes
35%
No
53%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 445

Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Re: Was Noble right to do what he did?

Post by Cellar-door »

Yes, you go on the pitch you deserve whatever you get.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by Tenbury »

All pretty much irrelevant.
There's a real story to today,concentrate on that,instead of just the tabloid asides.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Yea Why Not wrote:I reckon if Noble had full on chinned him he would have got the loudest cheer of the night
Why? People would cheer a supporter getting chinned by an apparent other supporter?

Noble was bang out of order. Gone from one of our own to a **** who attacks the supporters who pay his wages. Utter b*llocks he felt threatened. He can f*** off with the rest of em.
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

Thought Noble made himself look a bit of a knob to be honest. Was probably the most violent thing I saw all afternoon. Thought Collins and Zaba dealt with it far better. To come out with all this 'I felt threatened' and 'I'll defend myself' nonsense was embarrassing. He wasn't threatened at any point and just wanted his Brian Clough moment. Im also quite surprised he wasn't sent off, not that I thought he should of been.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

On balance, no. But I can forgive him. Emotions running high, he's a professional as much as a fan and wants to win.

Having watched the interviews he has done since it is very clear that whilst he has to tow the club line to an extent he knows that it is not the players that the protest was directed at.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

The moron who ran on the pitch is a West Ham fan who is understandably really upset at what is happening at his club and did something stupid with heightened emotions.

So is Mark Noble.

I don’t condone either but no one should go on the pitch during a game
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

One thing’s for sure - Gold and Sullivan will love this as it has us talking about this not them (as much)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

No, he was bang out of order and I'll tell you something else, if some of our players took a knock like that lad took, they would be out injured for a few months
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by Rio »

No he wasn’t as I put on the protest thread.

I know it’s easy to say away from the heat of the moment, but the correct thing to do would have been put your around him, tell him to get off pitch and say I understand.

Nobes went too far.

There’s a picture somewhere of Dicksy standing over someone sat in the centre circle during the bond scheme protest. That’s the reaction needed, not manhandling people
simon1982
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Skipper wrote:Why are you asking if he was right or not? The guy should not have been on the pitch. He wasn't the one in the wrong. It's people like that that caused the end result. We may still have lost but once all that sh*t went on then that was it.
Yesterday’s actions were necessary. The game had gone when our manager and playing staff allowed it to go stale. They brought on a second striker and the rest is history.
Noble was only protecting himself in his post match interview due to the potential of a ban. Yes he lost it, but by doing so he wasn’t able to get his head right in time for the re start
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

simon1982
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Hayden wrote:Image

‘Oggy you clown, this is how you track your runner’
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

Attention Seeking Pricks - yes he was right, Nobes has captained us through very tough times under an inept board - should've taken his ****ing head off. Protest peacefully and respectfully - don't run on the pitch you ****ing clowns
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Scab-like behaviour that will haunt him for years to come.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

To the letter of the law he should have been sent off. Unusually Lee Mason actually seemed to use his brain for once with that decision. Still wouldn't be shocked to see the FA hand him a ban this week though.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Cellar-door wrote:Yes, you go on the pitch you deserve whatever you get.
This :thup:

If it was a steward who rugby tackles him then we don’t talk about it. Essentially Noble doing that job. His reasons might’ve been questioned, feeling threatened etc, but unfortunately in these days where things happen like tennis players getting stabbed you just never know what people are capable of or what will happen.

Talk of being Sullivan’s puppet makes me laugh. Wonder how many of us would be willing to criticise our employer or boss to millions of people via the media. His interview afterwards shows he shares the frustration we have, and he knows just how long we’ve felt that way, but he has to be diplomatic in sharing that view. He’s still alright in my book.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Just seen a replay of the invasion on MOTD and Nobles excuse of being scared. He is a liar and if anything was the aggressor. Gone so far down in my estimation. A traitor who can f*** off with the owners

Good on the pitch invaders and those who got GSB running scared out the Directors box. More needed for the rest of the season. Just be wary Noble might attack you and blame it on being scared.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

wizzo_66 wrote:On balance, no. But I can forgive him. Emotions running high, he's a professional as much as a fan and wants to win.

Having watched the interviews he has done since it is very clear that whilst he has to tow the club line to an extent he knows that it is not the players that the protest was directed at.
Totally Wiz...
cocoon
Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Post by cocoon »

No. Shame he didn’t put the same effort in providing half a decent performance. Should get a fine for losing his rag, no doubt the fan wouldn’t be there if we were at least making an effort. That fan sacrificed more than. Noble has done this season. Captains should not be dragging up fans end of.

He off with the team in the sun now to rest his poor stressed head.
cocoon
Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Post by cocoon »

hadleighhammer wrote:Just seen a replay of the invasion on MOTD and Nobles excuse of being scared. He is a liar and if anything was the aggressor. Gone so far down in my estimation. A traitor who can **** off with the owners

Good on the pitch invaders and those who got GSB running scared out the Directors box. More needed for the rest of the season. Just be wary Noble might attack you and blame it on being scared.

Totally agree mate, only sad thing is now this adds to the toxic atmosphere as to the reception he will get by some fans next game....