What now?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

What now?

Postby tizzwoz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 pm

So the dust is settling, we await our punishment and for better or worse, the fan protest v Burnley have at the very least, made it abundantly clear to all just how unhappy many West Ham fans are right now.

Long term, the message is #boardout, but for the here and now we have 5 home games remaining. While some on here don't fear relegation, I think we can all agree that if we do drop, we will struggle for an instant return. So my question is... to those who want us to avoid relegation this season, what can be done in the next 2 months to at least stem the current tidal wave of problems?

Here's my suggestions...

1. G&S need to come out and admit they've misjudged and lied about the move. Apologise to fans for under investment and assure us they are now taking our protests deadly serious. There position at the club will be reviewed in the summer.

2. G&S need to promise to stay away from our remaining home games this season. For the benefit of the club, their presence in the stadium isn't needed and is detrimental to the teams performances and atmosphere.

3. Instead, they should look to fill the directors box with club legends. Brooking, Bonds, Alvin Martin, Martin Allen, J.Cole, Julian Dicks - players who opitimize the West Ham of old. This would ensure no fans congregate as they did v Burnley. It would galvanise supporters who can see our history evaporating wee-by-week.

4. Before kick off v Southampton, ask Trevor Brooking to address the fans from the pitch. Get everyone behind the team, without the owners present, we are all together.
tizzwoz

Re: What now?

Postby Beavis Danzig on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm

i know this sounds mental, but if there's any way we can play our remaining home games at victoria road or just about any other ground in the area, we'd stand a better chance of staying up. there'd be a decent away ground mentality even if we're technically the home team.

that stadium is a tomb and every moment in there is a reminder of what they've done to our club.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Westbourne Bill on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Custard pies instead of coins? Harmless but more apt given the clowns in charge of the circus.
Westbourne Bill

Postby warp on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:34 pm

tizzwoz wrote:2. G&S need to promise

they do plenty of that already.

and i'm sorry but my ideas on what should going on are the opposite: keep the protest going, without the pitch invasions (because they're used against us) and the coin throwing (we're giving them enough money already).

i don't care if it is detrimental to our results, keeping those ***** is more detrimental than serial relegations.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:39 pm

1(a). "G&S need to come out and admit they've misjudged and lied about the move".
More chance of getting a b**wj*b off The Queen.
1(b). "Their position at the club will be reviewed in the summer".
Sadly, unless they say they're selling up, no change.

2. "G&S need to promise to stay away from our remaining home games this season".
Egos the size of barrage balloon (especially Sully) won't allow them that.

3. "They should look to fill the directors box with club legends. Brooking, Bonds, Alvin Martin, Martin Allen, J.Cole, Julian Dicks".
Lovely idea! Not only would it be good for the fans, it might even boost the players.

4. "Before kick off v Southampton, ask Trevor Brooking to address the fans from the pitch"
Once again, nice idea but not sure how that one would go.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:52 pm

For the moment, I think they are shocked to the core because they know they've been rumbled. They never expected this and soon, they are going to have surface and they are going to have to provide answers to whole load of very difficult questions. They know they can hoodwink us no longer.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby James P on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:53 pm

If you want to avoid relegation then the team need to be better than they are. There’s nothing the fans or the board can do now. We’re not the ones on the pitch (sly wink to the side) who can decide whether we get more points than three other teams or not.

We just have to sit there and hope that Collins and Noble and Antonio and the rest can stop having their arses handed to them by Swansea and Burnley and can instead go out and beat the teams we have remaining to stay up.
James P

Postby tizzwoz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:05 pm

James P wrote:If you want to avoid relegation then the team need to be better than they are. There’s nothing the fans or the board can do now. .

Do you honestly believe that? You dont believe in home advantage? The crowd being the 12th man? I agree the players need to step up, but I think most footballers will tell you that a negative atmosphere directly affects performances.

Id also suggest that if we continue to create scenes like we saw on Saturday, god knows what punishment we may face. Possible points deduction? Then, that really would be out of the players control.

It feels like there is a fine line between keeping the momentum of our protests and trying to give the players the best support we can. (And yes, I know some on here dont care about staying up, so this doesn't concern you)
tizzwoz

Postby Hammer.CA on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:More chance of getting a b**w j*b off The Queen.

You are Prince Philip and I claim my £5
Hammer.CA

Postby chalks on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 pm

If WH London stay up, the same issues will be there again next season, nothing will ever change. The scum owners will breathe a huge sigh of relief and the under investment will continue

Force the ***** to put the club up for sale. Make the atmosphere so hostile the directors box is empty.

Force change. It’s the only way WHU will return.
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby Ozza on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:29 pm

Home advantage my arse, we've been getting stuffed in the soulless bowl, long before 4 people got onto the pitch and 200 fans got in front of the ***** and gave it to them royally.

We are finally on the front foot, do not back off, do not back down it's not what this fan base has ever done in it's history.

No one who supports this club should ever, ever be worried about relegation, especially at the expense of forcing change, personally I'd rather get relegated to the bottom tier if it was the only way to get rid of the parasites.
Ozza

Postby Ifebbubbles on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:31 pm

I absoutely love the fact that after all the crap on the official site and Gold posting up on twitter that the fan protests were not going ahead, that we hit them with both barrels. If I got banned for protesting on Saturday it would have been the perfect send off for me.
Ifebbubbles

Postby duncanio on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 pm

1) Empathise
2) Apologise and admit their errors, make a statement
3) Employ an experienced director of football before the next game (3 weeks) and hand over control.
4) Stop interfering and stop going to games.
5) Carry out the achievable items in Brady's 5000 word letter.

Achievable within 3 weeks
duncanio

Postby CockneyRebel on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Whether people care about getting relegated or not I think we should all be prepared for it. It's more likely than us staying up in my opinion. On the pitch we had a brief uplift in results after Moyes took over but the never-ending sequence of events off the pitch BEFORE the Burnley match have inevitably found their way into the dressing room. Whether we'd have come back from being a goal down we'll never know but there wasn't much evidence to suggest we would from our most recent matches.

This whole idea of "let's just get to the summer and we can put things right" is living in dreamland as far as I'm concerned. It'll be more rubbish like "oh in the summer we're going to overhaul our recruitment policy" and other whimsical soundbites. For those of you that still believe the current board are in some way competent, able to get us out of this mess or "put things right in the summer", just ask yourselves, why didn't they try and put things right in the winter? "Oh silly us, yes we made a nice handsome profit on players in the window and didn't realise it would affect the team. We realise that now and we're determined to put it right."

If they were genuinely going to overhaul the recruitment policy why would they wait until the summer? Presumably that would take quite a long time to implement so prepare yourself for the new line which will be "we didn't have time to implement our new recruitment policy" given as the next reason to fail to invest in the team, circa 1st September.

Apart from a very select few (and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to them), do you really think this current set of players cares about West Ham? Can you really see them busting a gut to get us out of this mess? What about the manager? Saying all the right things to make him in some way employable this summer. Think what you like about him but he's no fool. He'll know much better than us how rotten the club is at the moment and he'll want no part its future either.

As a supporter I can't help wanting us to win football matches and I'll continue to hope we avoid relegation but I just can't see it right now. I think what happens next is a gradual increase in mayhem, protests, anger met with club propaganda followed by relegation.

The best we can hope for is staying up followed by a swift sale of the club by its beleaguered owners who are hounded out of the club. There are other owners out there, some good, some bad and others that are mediocre so let's hope by some miracle we get some good ones who are prepared to invest money and help us realise our potential, whatever that may be.

:crest:
CockneyRebel

Postby ludo22 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm

In an ideal world, a repeat of last Saturday,except more brutal and intimidating,minus the pitch invasions.Toxic as possible.**** relegation.If anything,we get to play at our level and it causes those ***** even more grief.
ludo22

Postby tizzwoz on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Ozza wrote:No one who supports this club should ever, ever be worried about relegation, especially at the expense of forcing change, personally I'd rather get relegated to the bottom tier if it was the only way to get rid of the parasites.

You're certainly not alone with this view, the problem I have with it is... "and then what?". If we're relegated, we're still stuck in a soulless bowl - made even more vapid by 25k empty seats each week, our better players will leave (whoever they are), as a club we are worth much less therefore we become far less attractive to potential buyers and a much riskier purchase... it wont be a case of getting the board out, it'll be more like them desperate to leave but unable to find a buyer. The further we drop, the more unstable we are, the longer they may end up staying?

Call me naive, but I honestly think if we want new owners, we need to be an EPL team or at the very least, we need to be a stable Championship team. We're not gonna be that. We are imploding and that is not attractive to potential investors.

Even if G&S announced tomorrow that they were selling, we're still in Stratford. We still dont control our own stadium. Anyway, Im diagressing. Id really like to hear suggestions as to what we do in the short term.
tizzwoz

Postby Ifebbubbles on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 pm

ludo22 wrote:In an ideal world, a repeat of last Saturday,except more brutal and intimidating,minus the pitch invasions.Toxic as possible.**** relegation.If anything,we get to play at our level and it causes those ***** even more grief.

Not a cat in hells chance we are getting the freedom of the concourse next home game. Be nice if we did. That has 10 X the effect a few hundred people strolling to the game has.
Ifebbubbles

Postby simon hammer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Employ someone like Levy to handle the transfers, in conjunction with a director of football if necessary. Back them to the hilt with serious investment.

Remove the succession plans...we really do not want another Sullivan to take the helm after the first one has gone.

Get rid of Brady.

Take a backseat role, no more twatter, no newspaper columns, keep your own and your kids egos in check.

Keep. Your. Promises. If you can't, do not make them.

Make the stadium fit for football. If this cannot be done, build one that is fit for football.

If any of the above are unachievable, sell up to someone who can make the above achievable.

Get rid of Brady.
simon hammer

Postby Graza on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:09 pm

tizzwoz wrote:1. G&S need to come out and admit they've misjudged and lied about the move. Apologise to fans for under investment and assure us they are now taking our protests deadly serious. There position at the club will be reviewed in the summer.

2. G&S need to promise to stay away from our remaining home games this season. For the benefit of the club, their presence in the stadium isn't needed and is detrimental to the teams performances and atmosphere.

These two points sum up what I want. An admission of failure, an apology, a stated intent to sell but reinvest all the clubs own money in the playing staff in the summer and their absence.

More chance of me being elected pope (I'm not even Catholic). But if they do want to have talks with anyone about a "truce" as they've coined it (proving that they are at war with us also) then those are the simple clear demands for getting one.

Otherwise all that lovely sky money will evaporate and you'll really be at the mercy of the fans.
Graza

Postby Swindon Iron on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:33 pm

I think the question should be: “we’ve got 5 more home games before we adjourn for the summer break, what more can we do to ramp up the pressure on the owners?” :raver:
Swindon Iron

Next

Return to General Discussion