What now?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: What now?

Postby brownout on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Keep protesting.
We don't want gestures, we want the three people who sold the soul of our club and failed to deliver the promised investment, to go. And if they are hounded out so they don't get the price they want then so much the better.
Then we have to rebuild the ruins of West Ham United, a job that must include listening to the fans.
brownout

Postby knock-knock on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm

There are no real viable options, because I don’t think they care

From day one they bought the club to sell our assets, milk it for all it’s got with minimal investment and sell us to the highest bidder when rebranded as “London”

There is no way forward with G&S, they only have money in mind unfortunately
knock-knock

Postby DDHammer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Need to see what happens over the next week, continue the protests either way, but if the club try and come down heavy on those who congregated below the directors box and take a heavy handed approach to stewarding, there could be a riot.

I'd stay away if i was them, there presence at games from here on out will be met with nothing but hostility and anger.

Time's up GSB.
DDHammer

Postby Hello there! on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Keep protesting until they leave.

No respite, no rest, no peace.

However long it takes.
Hello there!

Postby Ifebbubbles on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 pm

DDHammer wrote:Need to see what happens over the next week, continue the protests either way, but if the club try and come down heavy on those who congregated below the directors box and take a heavy handed approach to stewarding, there could be a riot.

I'd stay away if i was them, there presence at games from here on out will be met with nothing but hostility and anger.

Time's up GSB.

They will try something for sure. How would they be able to find out where we all sit though. I wouldn't be too fussed if I got a letter through the post saying I was banned, but I wouldn't want to travel all the way down there and find my ticket didnt work. I'm all up for more of the same next game though.
Ifebbubbles

Postby Phil S on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 pm

chalks wrote:If WH London stay up, the same issues will be there again next season, nothing will ever change. The scum owners will breathe a huge sigh of relief and the under investment will continue

Force the ***** to put the club up for sale. Make the atmosphere so hostile the directors box is empty.

Force change. It’s the only way WHU will return.

this

no forgiveness
the more I hear on a daily basis about Sullivan, the more I loathe him
horrible man...he has to get out of our club
Phil S

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 pm

There are currently any number of threads where I could post this, but I note Henry Winter's article to be published in tomorrow's 'Times,' he writes "It is impossible for West Ham to stay at The London Stadium" which begs the question, where can we move ? In the short term, I would not be averse to ground sharing with Leyton Orient, I doubt Spurs would permit us to move in with them, whilst we consider our options and so far as I am aware, land is at at a premium in East London and there are not many vacant sites with sufficient space for re-development to build a football stadium to accommodate 50,000 fans. Unless, of course, anybody knows differently. Has house building yet started on our old stamping ground ?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby hodsgod on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:41 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:There are currently any number of threads where I could post this, but I note Henry Winter's article to be published in tomorrow's 'Times,' he writes "It is impossible for West Ham to stay at The London Stadium" which begs the question, where can we move ? In the short term, I would not be averse to ground sharing with Leyton Orient, I doubt Spurs would permit us to move in with them, whilst we consider our options and so far as I am aware, land is at at a premium in East London and there are not many vacant sites with sufficient space for re-development to build a football stadium to accommodate 50,000 fans. Unless, of course, anybody knows differently. Has house building yet started on our old stamping ground ?

Levy would allow anything if the money was high enough!
hodsgod

Postby MadMart on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:48 pm

chalks wrote:If WH London stay up, the same issues will be there again next season, nothing will ever change. The scum owners will breathe a huge sigh of relief and the under investment will continue

Force the ***** to put the club up for sale. Make the atmosphere so hostile the directors box is empty.

Agree that we need to show some PASSION and ANGER in a non-threatening way - agree with Mr Chalks but there's some good ideas in the original post - I fear the board will accept "behind closed doors" and then blame the fans - ultimately I think we need to go down for a bit to get rid of this poisonous board
MadMart

Postby Rowly on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:There are currently any number of threads where I could post this, but I note Henry Winter's article to be published in tomorrow's 'Times,' he writes "It is impossible for West Ham to stay at The London Stadium" which begs the question, where can we move ? In the short term, I would not be averse to ground sharing with Leyton Orient, I doubt Spurs would permit us to move in with them, whilst we consider our options and so far as I am aware, land is at at a premium in East London and there are not many vacant sites with sufficient space for re-development to build a football stadium to accommodate 50,000 fans. Unless, of course, anybody knows differently. Has house building yet started on our old stamping ground ?

Surely we could tolerate one or two more seasons in the Athletics bowl if we could see a new purpose built ground being built and knew it was only a temporary thing... not the life sentence we have currently ?
Rowly

Postby scotnob on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Why can’t G&S work out some finance deal like Levy did to build a new football stadium?

Is the problem that we don’t have anywhere to build it anymore? If so, anyone defending the board needs to reconsider their position. Such calamitous mismanagement on top of the spin and lies they try to feed us all the time cannot and must not be excused by anyone.

Keep on protesting till they go.
scotnob

Postby Swindon Iron on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:58 pm

I think the genie is out of the bottle re: the owners and no amount of blaming the fans is going to distract from that. I reckon there will be too many juicy side stories once journalists start digging and doing proper research into their conduct over the past few years.
If we were forced to play behind closed doors, a few thousand fans turning up to protest outside the ground would add further embarrassment.
Swindon Iron

Postby kenthammer1984 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm

I don’t think they will go. No matter what we do or say. They will stay until they get the price they want (and the “can’t sell too early or there are repayment fines” date has elapsed.

Is it even possible to make the stadium fit for purpose (realistically - not by spending £50m on retractable seating)
kenthammer1984

Postby bubbles1966 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:04 pm

kenthammer1984 wrote:I don’t think they will go.

They're out of their depth.

I can't work out who will cut and run first - Brady or Gold. I'd guess she will.

There is no upside to hanging around.
bubbles1966

Location: "It's no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don't have a pianist"

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:08 pm

kenthammer1984 wrote:I don’t think they will go. No matter what we do or say. They will stay until they get the price they want (and the “can’t sell too early or there are repayment fines” date has elapsed.

Is it even possible to make the stadium fit for purpose (realistically - not by spending £50m on retractable seating)

It's easy. Spend £150-200m on a purpose built facility for athletics in Birmingham and then probably double that essentially rebuilding the entire structure stand by stand within the current footprint.

Will only take 5-10 years and £500m+ investment.

(Which smiley is "sarcasm"?)
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby miketheloop on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Player recruitment is going to be even more difficult in the summer. Who in their right mind would want to join West Ham now?
miketheloop

Postby rigoberts song on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Do what I've done accept West Ham the real West Ham ceased to be in May 2016.
Enjoy those lovely memories and treasure them GSB can't steal those off me or my daughters who loved going to a special ground a real ground.
I'm exactly the sort of Dinosaur West Ham Olympic / West Ham london doesn't want as I don't like popcorn/ athletics stadiums and day trippers.
rigoberts song

Postby Swindon Iron on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:25 pm

An expansion of Alexander stadium in Birmingham is already planned for the 2022 commonwealth games, 50,000 for the games and then 25,000 permanently.

The issue of a purpose built football stadium, apart from involving a huge climb down by the owners, is one of land availability and cash. If they were to rebuild on the current site it’s just the little issue of cash, the depreciation on a rebuild would have less impact on the annual accounts than say 7% interest on loans.
Swindon Iron

Postby simon hammer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:28 pm

What would stop us playing at Wembley when spurs move into their new home? Granted it might not be the best solution, but at least it is purpose built for football unlike our current ****hole.
simon hammer

Postby Believer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:29 pm

I'd wager that there'll be a huge drop in attendance for Southampton. The aftermath of Burnley but also Easter weekend.

Now whether our esteemed owners will make Easter the excuse or not remains to be seen but a good few people I've been speaking to are now staying away until they're gone. Having Southampton with a new manager and our managers reluctance to play another striker with Arnie will potentially see us struggle again bearing in mind the weakness of our defence and midfield. An early goal for them and I can see similar angst in the crowd. No doubt there'll be an army of protection for the board but they can't give everyone muzzles!

Unfortunately there isn't really a section of the crowd that is renowned for chants so getting the "lies lies lies" or similar ringing round won't be easy but hopefully over the next 3 weeks the penny will drop with the boards sympathisers and we will begin to create a cauldron of hate pre- match and half time.

I just hope upon hope that every home game whether through empty seats or chants expressing our thoughts is sufficient to let them realise that it's not worth it anymore as the bull is beginning already about "spend spend spend" in the summer and it won't wash anymore. The masses are wisening up as are the media.

They're right about unity. We and the media especially the Hammers in Fleet St need to make every day a nightmare for them.
Believer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion