Toxicity.....

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Toxicity.....

Postby bubbles1966 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Truth or convenient excuse?

I must admit, I'm starting to look at one or two of our players and think they're hiding behind it. They're just as bad away from home.
bubbles1966

Location: "It's no good having an orchestra with the 10 best guitarists if I don't have a pianist"

Re: Toxicity.....

Postby Lil Joe 17 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:16 pm

I think the fan base has been split and has been quite toxic since the end of Big Sam's reign.

I think we need to protest positively, imagine if we were not attending West Ham's games but selling out U21's and U18's games. That'd send a message and support the academy of football
Lil Joe 17

Postby Het-Field on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 pm

There are numerous players in the squad who are just not good enough, or have been good enough once and are no longer cutting the mustard. I think we have to look at some of our key players over the past few years. Adrian, Cresswell, Reid, Noble, Kouyate, Carroll. None of these lads have been connected to a major club or a major move, apart from the Carroll deal to Chelsea which was a bolt from the blue. We don't have to concern ourselves with these players potentially departing, as nobody of real substance is interested, and I suspect in some cases, nobody is interested.
Het-Field

Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Postby hammer1975 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Somewhat behind not having an actual capable, fit defensive midfielder, or half decent full back for the manager to pick
hammer1975

Postby Swindon Iron on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Give a footballer an excuse and he’s going to take it, especially modern ones.
Swindon Iron

Postby The Gibbins on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm

The team needs a complete over haul. They can use this current protest as an excuse if they want but a lot of them know they are not up to standards.

Too old, too slow and no tactical planning in terms of who we have recruited. Its been square pegs in round holes for a couple of seasons now. We absolutely cannot offer Collins another deal, its purely sentimental. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but we talk about progress and stepping up and some want Collins to have a two year deal when we have a summer window and 3 better central defenders at a good age.

We need to move away from being that club that gives the old boys their last pay day and start having some kind of plan going forwards. The problem is this planning takes years and we haven't even got the ball rolling yet. Spurs started their planning years ago, got it wrong a few times and only the last five years or so have started to become a top football side. We have tried every shortcut in the book and fallen flat on our arse every time.

You would think after some awful recruitment in the past like Dyer and Ljunberg we would be more than aware yet we still have Andy ****ing Carroll earning 80k upwards to be a complete wast of Oxygen. I wish they start by paying off his contract in the summer, his presence in this squad is enough to piss me off. He will be our "like a new signing" marquee come summer with instagram videos of him on a treadmill.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby Hammerite on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Thought this was a thread about the **** that's buried under the stadium that allegedly stops us from re configuring the stadium,
Hammerite

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm

The Gibbins wrote:The team needs a complete over haul.

We had an 'overhaul' nearly 2 years ago. The cretin(s) involved with the selection brought (and occasionally bought) in a large number of players who subsequently proved incapable of playing together effectively and most of whom are now gone.

I suggest that what needs to be overhauled (or perhaps keelhauled) is David Sullivan.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby The Gibbins on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:07 pm

It had an overhaul indeed, but it needs another one :)
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby Marky on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Kouyate is one of those hiding
Marky

Postby Turns to Stone on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Mark Schwarzer on Goals on Sunday said that 'in normal circumstances, Joe Hart would have saved that shot all day long'.

Not sure what fans have been doing for the last 4 years when Joe Hart's been **** but clearly it wasn't his fault.
Turns to Stone

Postby the celestial insect on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:31 pm

I think there's at least something in the toxicity affecting performance. If you've ever worked in a company with a very toxic atmosphere, and in my experience it largely eminates from the top down, you know what it's like. I'm not saying players should be allowed to hide behind it, but it inevitably has an impact.
the celestial insect

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Great album.
somerset-hammer

Postby Burnley Hammer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm

I'm another that thinks that the players just aren't good enough and we need an overhaul.

Arnie, Lanzini, Obiang, Rice, and Ogbonna are the only ones I'd really like to keep from the current squad.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby wolf359 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:Great album.

Was my first thought when I saw the title - strangely a SOAD song was next on my play list (Spiders - wrong album but nevermind)
wolf359

Location: Probably playing World of Warcraft - For the Horde!

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:I'm another that thinks that the players just aren't good enough and we need an overhaul.

Arnie, Lanzini, Obiang, Rice, and Ogbonna are the only ones I'd really like to keep from the current squad.

Relegation always brings an overhaul but you won't be seeing many of the above in the second Division.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby prophet:marginal on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:I'm another that thinks that the players just aren't good enough and we need an overhaul.

Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote:Relegation always brings an overhaul but you won't be seeing many of the above in the second Division.

Many or any?
prophet:marginal

Postby chigwells finest on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Het-Field wrote:There are numerous players in the squad who are just not good enough, or have been good enough once and are no longer cutting the mustard. I think we have to look at some of our key players over the past few years. Adrian, Cresswell, Reid, Noble, Kouyate, Carroll. None of these lads have been connected to a major club or a major move, apart from the Carroll deal to Chelsea which was a bolt from the blue. We don't have to concern ourselves with these players potentially departing, as nobody of real substance is interested, and I suspect in some cases, nobody is interested.

nail on head i think, we've got more passengers than virgin atlantic
chigwells finest

Postby Estuary on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Every professional commentator is saying the atmosphere impacts on the players. Sir Trev went as far as saying unless things improve within the stadium from Sat then we have no chance of winning football matches.
Estuary

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:51 pm

The Gibbins wrote:The team needs a complete over haul..

Could have written this any time in the last 20 years.

The common denominator? The setup at the club.

A complete revolution behind the scenes is what's needed... and I don't just mean the board.
Training ground, scouting network, vision for the future, the whole lot is absolutely archaic at best, shoddy and amateur at worst.

Regardless of how much 'money you spend' or who you sign - "**** in, **** out"

For me, it will always be the correct answer.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Next

Return to General Discussion