Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 48 days remaining

Post by YorksHammer »

Italian Hammer wrote:Perhaps a Harry Kane to WHU rumour to see who else picks up on it :)
One season wonder...shouldn't sign someone who's having a good World Cup, look at Gary Breen...doubt his chin will ever be onside...
westlondonhammer wrote:Mawson is missing the beginning of the season isn't he? Just had surgery I believe...so we are looking to at least September / October until he is up and running?

How much would he be valued at if he wasn't English?
An uncapped centre back who averaged less than one tackle and interception a game last season (but nearly 6 clearances booted up the pitch)? Probably about £5m?

The only thing good about Mawson is his age. His WhoScored page says it all - Strengths: Player has no signifcant strengths; Weaknesses: Tackling [Weak].
Last edited by YorksHammer on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I read it as Ex intentionally not mentioning him...

After all, it's been in the media often enough so it would be a strange one to miss mentioning at all.
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

Burnley Hammer wrote:
I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in a striker. I'm convinced that Antonio will go, and there's no guarantee that Hernandez will want to stay after last season.
I'd be shocked if he went in this window considering it closes on 9th August and the last word on Michail was he wouldn't be fit until mid-late August at the earliest. I just don't see anyone bidding enough at this point given his two previous surgeries to improve a groin/hammy issue that was severely restricting his entire game.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Crouching Peeky wrote: Hold up, we're not allowed to question the "ITK's" yet this is allowed to slip though? Bit of consistency please!
I haven't got an opinion on ITK's, I take everything that's said with a pinch of salt. I'm sure Ex has got plenty right just as he's got plenty wrong but I remember Bacca, Lacca and Jurgen Klopp's regret so he doesn't have exclusivity for getting things wrong.

Double standards, now that I do have an opinion on...
Am pretty sure we are allowed to politely ask questions of anyone that posts on this site.
Am also not quite sure what you think has actually 'slipped through'.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Graza wrote:
"somerset-hammer"
If Wilshere wasn't on a free, would people still want him?

You'd see the exact same debate. Is he good enough? Probably most of the time and definitely on his day.
Is he deserving of the nickname wheelchair? Probably.
Is he worth upsetting our wage structure (do we even have one anymore)? Debatable.

I think you'd see more people coming down on no though because the fee for someone like him would be massive and bundled with the above seen as too much of a gamble.
Thats why I said no last year, decision is much more open this Summer IF the deal is the correct one, indeed on that basis I would support it if other reliable alternatives fail but the choice will have to happen quite soon I suspect. I would guess however that we will/have (as has been reported) offered on the derisory side as a Sully punt, to delay matters while they work on 'better alternatives' and/or will make a last minute improved offer as it appears that he is going elsewhere. He is mid level in their list at best I suspect at the moment (Sully has been sceptical in the past) and if he does go elsewhere I just wonder if we will look back with regret. Its a risk either way as we are still arguably far from obtaining this elusive alternative as things stand.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

mushy wrote: Am also not quite sure what you think has actually 'slipped through'.

;)
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

If Jack Wheelchair was always injured at Arsenal with state of the art training and medical facility, what on earth would he be like at our Scout Huts with Dr Nick?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I think Wilshire is worth a gamble but only after we have rebuilt sufficiently to not rely in him too much. If it comes off a great bonus. 50 million pound player. If he gets injured...it's only money.
Cant disagree with that at all. The players we have bought may have enthused us but in reality they are only a sign of what needs to be done not the finished process by a long way. Depending on so many factors we know little about he could be a great loss to us if we don't get him. But it needs to be part of a bigger picture that doesn't make him the Summer poster boy I agree.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Speaking of training grounds, when does Pel Boy get to cast his eye over our state of the art training facilities.

Teams in Chile probably have a better setup.
Samo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Samo »

mushy wrote: Am pretty sure we are allowed to politely ask questions of anyone that posts on this site.
Am also not quite sure what you think has actually 'slipped through'.
I find the whole Ex v Jinxed thing is getting rather silly now.
I have criticised Ex in the past, however I do recognise he is right 9 times out of 10.
I feel he holds back info that isn’t strong so his success rate is higher.
I don’t blame him for this, experience has taught him to choose the information he shares wisely.
Ex does get things wrong as does Jinxed.

Jinxed also shares information. I’m sure he holds back some things too, however I feel he shares a lot more of the early bids or interest level deals rather than almost done deals.
This is why sometimes things come out that don’t happen. He isn’t lying and only shares what he has been told. Who knows who has the better sources.

At the end of the day, both guys (or girls who knows in jinxed’s case) pass on information when they get it for our benefit for no reward. They don’t have too at all.
Why people feel the need to create this rivalry and slag one off and then praise the other is beyond me. (Both sides of followers)
Can’t people just read both their information and be thankful that they are getting it?
Both have said they have no issue with the other.

I have been on this forum for some time now, I don’t post often, but there was a time when the best source of info was a guy called Trap1 and don’t know where he/she went but 90% of that was utter b*llocks.
S-H

Post by S-H »

@FootballOranje_

West Ham United have made contact with AZ Alkmaar over the signing of striker Wout Weghorst. (RTV Oost)
Anyone?
Shy Ted
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

somerset-hammer wrote:Speaking of training grounds, when does Pel Boy get to cast his eye over our state of the art training facilities.

Teams in Chile probably have a better setup.
I think it is July 1st or 2nd.
Last edited by Shy Ted on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Crouching Peeky wrote: Hold up, we're not allowed to question the "ITK's" yet this is allowed to slip though? Bit of consistency please!
I haven't got an opinion on ITK's, I take everything that's said with a pinch of salt. I'm sure Ex has got plenty right just as he's got plenty wrong but I remember Bacca, Lacca and Jurgen Klopp's regret so he doesn't have exclusivity for getting things wrong.

Double standards, now that I do have an opinion on...
Ah the old double standards thing. So the site has rules that state that ITK's who post on this site mustn't be persistently baited or questioned (paraphrased).

Ex doesn't post on this site (well not for a while) but does so on a separate web site. We don't condone the slating or otherwise of other web sites but also this is not related to anyone posting on this thread. We haven't received any complaints. Ex does a lot of self promotion publicly, Jinxed posts and leaves it at that.

I saw nothing wrong with Jinxed comments.

If you wish to make a complaint to UTJ please do so.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

somerset-hammer wrote: @FootballOranje_

West Ham United have made contact with AZ Alkmaar over the signing of striker Wout Weghorst. (RTV Oost)

Anyone?
Sounds like someone out of Harry Potter.

But Wikipedia tells me he’s a recently capped Dutch international.
S-H

Post by S-H »

^^ Looks like he has a decent scoring record too.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

somerset-hammer wrote:@FootballOranje_

West Ham United have made contact with AZ Alkmaar over the signing of striker Wout Weghorst. (RTV Oost

Anyone?
Striker, 18 in 31 in the Eredivisie last season for Alkmaar and their vice captain. Very, very tall, but good feet with it.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

HammerAl wrote:But Wikipedia tells me he’s a recently capped Dutch international.
Wkipedia also tells me:

"At 6 ft 6 in, Weghorst is played as a Centre Forward, with him being used in a Target Man type role, for his ability to hold up the play and his heading ability. He is also renowned as a goal poacher with good reactive finishing in and around the box.".

The dutch Peter Crouch
Graza

Post by Graza »

e-20 wrote: Its a risk either way as we are still arguably far from obtaining this elusive alternative as things stand.
Sturridge in January I think of this as. When he went on loan to West Brom I wondered if we would regret not going in for him. He fell on a blade of grass and shattered himself into a million pieces almost instantly, so no not really. Had he stayed fit he could have made the difference.

Young(ish) Jack will only look like a missed opportunity if he stays fit and performs for someone else. It would be a roll of the dice.
Ludo1973

Post by Ludo1973 »

Samo wrote:]

I find the whole Ex v Jinxed thing is getting rather silly now.
I have criticised Ex in the past, however I do recognise he is right 9 times out of 10.
I feel he holds back info that isn’t strong so his success rate is higher.
I don’t blame him for this, experience has taught him to choose the information he shares wisely.
Ex does get things wrong as does Jinxed.
[SNIP]
Very well said...the whole Ex slagging here and contrived ITK rivalry is tiresome and pathetic.
Samo

Post by Samo »

Ludo1973 wrote:
Very well said...the whole Ex slagging here and contrived ITK rivalry is tiresome and pathetic.
It’s playground stupidity. People on twitter do the same back, but not actually the individuals themselves.