Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 702 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 53 days remaining

Post by Pob! »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Pastore seems like a deal we were never ever going to get over the line.
Not one I was banking on to be fair ...

However we must get Diop!
bubbles1966 wrote:One of the Italian outlets now claiming Lazio want €48m for Anderson.
We should just tell them to do one if that's the case..
Last edited by Pob! on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bubbles1966 wrote:One of the Italian outlets now claiming Lazio want €48m for Anderson.
Ridiculous price.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Diop, Mawson, Maddison.

Could do all three of them for the price of Anderson and Pastore.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

HammerAl wrote: [HammerMan2004"]Fingers crossed if Pastore chooses Roma we jump in for Maddison.

Leicester seem to do their busy very quickly. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him unveiled as their player in the next day or two.
While we piss around with the exotic choices mostly with baggage a gem like him quietly gets signed by Leicester who since the loss of some of their big names in the trail of their Prem win have done some pretty good rebuilding without any great fanfare or quest to appear like they are making statement signings. He may or may not thrive but I do like the cut of his jib.
zimmy909

Post by zimmy909 »

I was never that big on Pastore anyway. Seems an unnecessary gamble. Injury prone player on big wages, nearing 30, never played in the PL. Wish we would move away from the "big but ageing name" strategy. Rarely works out.

We should be focusing our attention on young, hungry players, with pace and power who suit the PL. Diop a prime example. Ideally a mix of British based players e.g. like Morrison, Loftus Cheek etc with some talented foreign imports.
EllisWHU22
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by EllisWHU22 »

Lots of reports of Issa Diop in London today for a medical.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

e-20 wrote:While we piss around with the exotic choices mostly with baggage a gem like him quietly gets signed by Leicester who since the loss of some of their big names in the trail of their Prem win have done some pretty good rebuilding without any great fanfare or quest to appear like they are making statement signings. He may or may not thrive but I do like the cut of his jib.
This depends... are the exotic signings the ones that Pellegrini wants? If so then we're right to go with them. If all the ITKs such as Jinxed, Pezza, etc are to be believed then Pellegrini is getting his way with regards to our targets. And we wanted our board to let the manager choose his own players, right? The problem is most likely going to be that our board don't have the same ambition as our manager.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Game over man, game over....

Also how is it that as a group of fans, with only google as our friend, we can find out the injury records (usually persistent) of players were linked with in about five minutes but that seems to bypass our scouts and then our medical team time and time again? Leaving us with the time honoured "We did well considering we only had 13 players fit for 6 months" or "we're down to the bare bones :arry: "?
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Get French Football News @GFFN
now
Issa Diop has arrived in London with his representatives & will shortly undergo a medical with West Ham. €25m deal. (YS)

Sounds like this is one we might actually get. Don't know anything about him but from what i've read, it sounds promising.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Shame about Pastore if he does indeed choose Roma - He always stated he wanted a return to Italy. Possible bullet dodged given his injury record/age/form?

Would love us to go and get Loftus-Cheek now, depends of course on whether he’s in the new managers plans or not (still assuming Conte is off)

I’d take Wilshere. Supported us as a kid which is always nice. Even with his injury record, I still think he’d be worth the risk. Played 50+ games the last two years and could’ve been more if we wasn’t on the bench unused so much at Arsenal. Still only 26 too.

Felipe Anderson, while I really want him here, if Lazio are gonna keep messing us about and putting the price up then I wouldn’t too gutted if we looked elsewhere. Someone like Chucky Lozano would be an unreal signing, would cheer Hernandez up too!
Pob!
Has liked: 1079 likes
Total likes: 702 likes

Post by Pob! »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Get French Football News @GFFN
now
Issa Diop has arrived in London with his representatives & will shortly undergo a medical with West Ham. €25m deal. (YS)

Sounds like this is one we might actually get. Don't know anything about him but from what i've read, it sounds promising.
Very very good player future French captain and an absolute beast on the pitch.

The one we must get done :scarfer:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

A possible loan for Diaz from Man City has been mentioned in a few places... a wonder if that's what we're doing as a temporary replacement for Lanzini?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

If it happens I would love to know how long it has taken for Leicester to sign Maddison from the initial enquiry.

It seems whenever we are linked to someone it goes on forever and a lot of the time never gets done.

I wonder why that is :wink:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

West Ham.. do not let Diop out of your sight while he is in London.

This has 'the old Levy nip and tuck' written all over it..

Can we have an armed surveillance team on him please?
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

I would take Wilshere if it was a contract based heavily on appearances but I doubt he would accept that sort of contract.
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

Think we should walk away from Andersen and Pastore deals. They are not going to happen.

We should try and hijack the Maddiso transfer. Under Puel I cant see him flourishing.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Burnley Hammer wrote: There's this:
"West Ham have still to receive an offer for any of the players they are ready to sell this summer."

which makes me think Sullivan is possibly holding back spending anything, or at least reluctant to until we've made sales.
Wasn't that part of the alleged falling out with Moyes? Sully wouldn't buy before selling... (Although we're led to believe that Pellers was already lined up!?)
Burnley Hammer wrote:And then there's this:
"As reported earlier today (Sun) the manager, director of football Mario Housillos and the board will be drawing up a high priority list of targets at a meeting on Monday June 25."

This is confusing! I thought we already had that list? If we haven't then who are all these players that we're linked with?
Well maybe it means...no,....or possibly...no...I give up trying to work out what goes on at our club
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Whatever hotel we put Gudjohnson up in, avoid it. Levy will be circling!!! :lol:
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:Get French Football News @GFFN
now
The regular reminder than our entire group of back six players – so including Noble and Obiang as holding midfielder options – cost £29m. That is to say, 11 players. That's not even Championship-level outlay. (Winnie, Cresswell, Zabaleta, Adrian, Obiang, Noble, Ogbonna, Byram, Masuaku, Rice. Couple of freebies in Hart and Collins have just been swapped by Fredericks, for no net change in expenditure).

From our "peer" group: Crystal Palace have spent £26m on Mamadou Sakho. Bournemouth have spent £20m on Nathan Ake. To name two.

So colour me extremely sceptical this is happening for anything near the quoted figure. In terms of a change in policy, it wouldn't so much represent a u-turn as doing donuts in a carpark.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Colours never run wrote:
It was his peach of a cross that got them back into the game to draw against Brazil. :?

But not just that, saw plenty of him last season to see how consistent he's been, with assists and goals to rival many in the Premier League as well as pissing Stokes PotY. £12m is a bit of a steal. He's worth at least double that in today's market.
I agree he is far from perfect for our ideal needs (few that are attainable are) but in our present state we really are getting beyond ourselves to think we are above him, indeed like his former club compatriot it would be a steal to get him here I reckon, and would certainly raise our quality expect I ally having lost Lanzini, though sadly not our work rate.