Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

BostonHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018

Post by BostonHammer »

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but Chicha's grandfather has reiterated something we already know. Here's the quote (from Football London):
Following talk of a move to MLS side DC United in recent weeks, Tomas Baltazar, the player's grandfather, isn't so sure about his long-term future in east London.

"I think he’ll carry on triumphing," the former footballer told El Sol de Irapuato, as reported by Sport Witness. "Over there, they’re going to throw him out of the West Ham team.

"It’s a team that isn’t well composed, and that means there’s no one to give him a ball to put in the back of the net."

Baltazar's comments come after Hernandez had claimed at the start of the April that he was unsure over his future with the Hammers
What's hilarious is that he mentions having no one to give him the ball but I live in Washington D.C. and my God is the club **** over here he would be up top isolated on his own on an island and miserable.
Mean Ashton

Post by Mean Ashton »

Are you really trying to suggest he's gone downhill during his time with us? I'd never heard of him before he'd signed.[/quote]

what's your knowledge of a player got to do with how good he is?? he was highly rated in spain - he's hardly set the world on fire has he?

he has a year left on his contract i believe, so he wont command a huge fee - if any. he's gone from being second choice when he signed to being............ second choice.

you trying to defend the clubs awful transfer policy is hilarious. you're arguing for the sake of it because i called you potato (again).
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

If David Moyes is using football manager still scouting players I expect to see Karol Linetty, Stefano Sturaro, Marco Benassi, Rodrigo De Paul, Talisca, Cristian Pavon, Florin Andone, Lewis Cook, Domenico Berardi, John Guidetti and /or Almamy Toure on David Moyes radar ! :lol:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ever ... r-database" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Patito

Post by Patito »

Mean Ashton wrote:Are you really trying to suggest he's gone downhill during his time with us? I'd never heard of him before he'd signed.

what's your knowledge of a player got to do with how good he is?? he was highly rated in spain - he's hardly set the world on fire has he?

he has a year left on his contract i believe, so he wont command a huge fee - if any. he's gone from being second choice when he signed to being............ second choice.

you trying to defend the clubs awful transfer policy is hilarious. you're arguing for the sake of it because i called you potato (again).

1. Learn to quote properly
2. You began this ridiculous little discussion by saying you wanted players on an upward curve. Adrian is a pretty clear example of someone who's career has benefitted from playing for us. I hope that's clear enough for you. :)
3. I'm not trying to defend the club's transfer policy, that's a lazy assumption you've made purely because I've disagreed with you. Have a quick look back through some of my more recent posts you'll see I've criticized plenty of our transfers and the apparent lack of policy.
4. Feel free to carry on calling me "potato" (again), it stops you from digging out hammerman11 for a change.
Last edited by Patito on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Ashton

Post by Mean Ashton »

i don't even know who hammerman11 is?? am i missing something? i rarely post on here.

and you've got some front talking about quoting after the mess you've just made. even if i did mess it up?? who gives a f$ck, what are you, the quote police?
Mean Ashton

Post by Mean Ashton »

and to answer the Adrian business i dont know how i can be clearer:

- he joined from Betis as a back-up keeper
- he is still a back up keeper. four years later?
- he is apparently going back to Betis in the summer

his career has hardly sky rocketed has it?
Patito

Post by Patito »

So you disagree that Adrian's career has benefitted from playing for us then?

What about the other players I listed?

We're going round in circles here. You can carry on with the petty name-calling, I'll leave you to it.
Mean Ashton

Post by Mean Ashton »

chill out potato, i've not called you it it since my first post on the subject. i'm sure calling me "moan" wasnt petty no??

granted there are four or five out of a squad of close on 30. add to that all the players that have failed just in the past two years and you have a catalogue of failure. i'm sure top of my head i could easily list 3 times that number who we have lost money on.
you can file Fellaini under that if/when he signs.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Seriously, how do you block someone on here?
Mean Ashton

Post by Mean Ashton »

because you got called potato??
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

We need a popcorn emoji sometimes
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

Thank you :)
Mean Ashton

Post by Mean Ashton »

lol

i've been keeping it on topic - i'm on the money regarding our squad, its make-up and the transfer policy (or lack of).
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Pango wrote:
Certainly was but your all time favourite Slaven was the instigator of that. :(

You won't get me defending Bilic on Tomkins, 8 thought it was very poor management of the situation and said so at the time. No manager gets the calls right all the time though. But the Board/Moyes also take a share of the blame for allowing Fonte to leave in January when we were already threadbare at the back for the sale of a few quid when actually it put us even more at risk of relegation.

And you're also wrong, it's How who is my all time favourite manager in the whole world ever.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Tomkins wanted to leave and wasn’t in the first team after we finished a few points outside 4th. It was not replacing Tomkins properly that did us in. Not buying a quality replacement that could push our other CB’s for a place. We’ll have the same problem when Lanzini leaves and we think Tim Cahill at 57 is a good idea.
OllyWHU6
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by OllyWHU6 »

Mean Ashton wrote:lol

i've been keeping it on topic - i'm on the money regarding our squad, its make-up and the transfer policy (or lack of).
A tad self-aggrandizing there, but to answer your initial post:
Arnautovic
Lanzini
Antonio
Rice ( from Chelsea academy so a bit hard and loose as a signing ).
Adrian
Reid
Masuaku
Kouyate
Cresswell
Obiang
Fernandes
And Ogbonna

All of the above were young when we signed them and have improved or have just point blank improved since we signed them.

Adrian from Betis to where he's at now is a clear improvement. La liga low table reserve to a should be starting premiership player. And has been a big part of the team when we finished high in our last season at the Boleyn.

We need to improve a lot but chucking the wheat with the chaff does us no favours. There's a fair amount of good just also a lot of bad. Unfortunately the big spending is where the issues lie for the most part.
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

hammer1975 wrote:I still think Fellaini would be a decent player for us if we stay up.
I'll say it again, FELLAINI HAS PUBLICLY STATED THAT HE IS NOT STAYING IN THE PL
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

and Yossi Benayoun said he signed a new contract with us.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Albie Beck wrote:Today I saw the midfield player we have been crying out for: a big physical unit who protected the ball, made a number of strong ball-winning tackles, got around the pitch with pace and up to support the attack at times. He played with craft and made plenty of good accurate passes and rarely lost the ball.

Trouble was it was Mo Diame...
I don't particularly want Benitiez as manager but this is an example of good coaching / training.
A manager can't always buy all the players he thinks he may need/ want, so you work with what you have.
Turning Diame and Shelvey into a very effective central midfield partnership that, not only impacts games going forward but provides a decent screen for a back 4, is a very impressive feat.