Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018

Post by bubbles1966 »

Diogenes wrote:So what's the plan?
Are you intending to spam every thread with this?
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Diogenes wrote:So what's the plan?
Our plan is to do the exact same thing as the previous windows......doing exactly the same thing will be the last thing they expect us to do...
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

bubbles1966 wrote:quote="Diogenes" So what's the plan?

Are you intending to spam every thread with this?
Yep, until I get an answer. We can speculate as much as we want but unless I see a coherent plan from the club - what's the bloody point?
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

A lot of Swansea fans will tell you Fabianski is their best ever keeper. Leaving aside any tallest dwarf jokes, I'd be inclined to believe them – they had Vorm during their golden spell who would be the obvious choice over a permanently relegation-battling keeper.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Hamburger wrote:.
So we get a new manager who does not have a clue about our players. So how does he decide who comes & who goes, especially as we have no scout? Who will do it while he settles in? Let me have a guess, he’s short, a liar, skint and tasteless with an overblown sense of capability.
We’re back where we started but this time we have only half a squad. Lots to look forward to :shock:
If only there were a device that record matches and play them back, and data on players in the prem...
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

I don't see Fabianski as any better or worse than Adrian.
In other words what's the point of the transfer
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Fabianski is better than Adrian imo. I'd take him for sure.

His save percentage this season (as of March) was 3rd behind only Pope and De Gea:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ra ... page=0%2C2

Adrian is 13th and Joe Hart is...26th :lol:

In the prem end of season "save quality" ranking done by World in Motion, he came 5th:

https://twitter.com/Sam_Jackson94/statu ... 1013178369

versus Adrian who came 13th and Joe Hart who was ranked 23rd (out of 26).
Last edited by Irrons on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Colours never run wrote: That's what happens when your season is blighted by injuries and management upheaval mid season.
No Bilic’s second season. After Payet left Antonio fell off a cliff, only scored two goals after, one against Bournemouth, not sure who the other one was against.

Once Payet stopped picking him out at the back post he’d lost that goal scoring knack. I’d still have him at RWB in the formation we played mostly this season. Not sure where he fits in other than that. I did like him and Arnie together with Lanzini behind.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Fabianski is better than Adrian but probably not by enough to justify the deal, especially if it meant a fee / higher wages.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Fabianski is a decent keeper. Very consistent and reliable. Would be a good signing.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

thejackhammer wrote:
No Bilic’s second season. After Payet left Antonio fell off a cliff, only scored two goals after, one against Bournemouth, not sure who the other one was against.

Once Payet stopped picking him out at the back post he’d lost that goal scoring knack. I’d still have him at RWB in the formation we played mostly this season. Not sure where he fits in other than that. I did like him and Arnie together with Lanzini behind.

Ah is this the new one, is it? Only ever good when Payet was around. You could say the same for the majority of the squad.

Antonio is a good player and an important member of our squad. The suggestion he has no end product is laughable.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

CNR

3 goals (2 I think in games already lost) plus watching him whenever he played, him looking like he was gassed around half time really, 60 minutes to be fair, and 1 assist this season would suggest he isn't a very important member of the squad let alone a starter......

For what we paid, and initial returns, a sound investment but now would be a good time to cash in........

Some players are 1 season wonders. It happens. No shame in that. He has no "moves" specifically to beat players, just strength and pace. Easily been found out.

Sorry mate, your opinion is valid but to tell us that our opinions are laughable...........is, well, laughable.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

8 goals last season with Payet, 1 without.

15 goals in 2016 with Payet, 2 goals in 2017 without.

Three goals in the entirety of the 17/18 season.

Since Payet left his end product had been more than questionable. I’d still have him starting every game, but we cannot rely on him for goals.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

CNR
Do you think you might have to consider that you may have a Slaven Bilic fixation ?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Rays Rock wrote:CNR
Do you think you might have to consider that you may have a Slaven Bilic fixation ?

I'm taking about Antonio. :?
DevonshireRoad

Post by DevonshireRoad »

What is it with our club and the garbage associated to it ? Ex-WHU, Claret n Hugh etc. It's all absolute nonsense. People may have not wanted Moyes but I tell you what, regardless of his style with the limited squad at his disposal, he has sussed this club and the trio out well and truly.

We are an absolute circus from top to bottom. Everything about the clubs is amateurish at best. We scraped survival this season, I'm off to get odds on relegation next season. It'll be like printing money...[/quote]

Bang on. I wasn’t a fan of his from the off but he sorted the team out to do the job he was tasked with. Plus he called the owners out and sealed his fate in doing so (calling for investment and stopping the culture of leaks). It was obvious he wasn’t staying then but at that point he went right up in my estimation. Looking forward there is no plan, if there was we would have had a DoF in place for the last few months, targets identified and a new manager sounded out on the QT. Instead they are either leaking all our targets to the press or none of the names being mentioned are actual targets. I know which seems more likely to me.
Last edited by DevonshireRoad on Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run

thejackhammer wrote:8 goals last season with Payet, 1 without.

15 goals in 2016 with Payet, 2 goals in 2017 without.

Three goals in the entirety of the 17/18 season.

Since Payet left his end product had been more than questionable. I’d still have him starting every game, but we cannot rely on him for goals.

If you're gonna keep banging that drum, then you must think the likes of Lanzini also lacks end product and we generally regard Lanzini as 1 of our best players. Taking the last game of the season friendly out of the equation, he too only scored 3.

You've not taken into consideration at all Antonio's injury hit season and the fact our game plan has mainly been to pump it long to Arnautovic to chase on too with mostly only 1 man up front to aim for.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Colours never run wrote:If you're gonna keep banging that drum, then you must think the likes of Lanzini also lacks end product and we generally regard Lanzini as 1 of our best players. Taking the last game of the season friendly out of the equation, he too only scored 3.
I hope so. Lanzini does lack end product. Needs to score and assist more next season to live up to the hype we've whipped up amongst ourselves.

A very tidy player, but we all wanted to believe he was a world beater to get over the pain of losing Payet. The truth is that Dmitri made our whole team look better, from Cresswell to Carroll.

On the subject of transfers, what price the Ayew brothers (again)? We know the Swans are one of the few clubs that will accept our payment terms...
Colours never run

I agree, I feel Lanzini should be doing more, as indeed Antonio. That doesn't mean they have no end product, which was my point all along regarding Antonio.

To score as many as he has and assist along the way, whilst also having to play on many occasions in defence since he arrived isn't someone who has no end product. Under the right manager coming in, I'd be interested to see how he develops further.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Colours never run wrote:I agree, I feel Lanzini should be doing more, as indeed Antonio. That doesn't mean they have no end product, which was my point all along regarding Antonio.

To score as many as he has and assist along the way, whilst also having to play on many occasions in defence since he arrived isn't someone who has no end product. Under the right manager coming in, I'd be interested to see how he develops further.
Agree with all that, but we also need to see either more application or better fitness from him. He's dropped off badly across the board.