Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 58 days remaining

Post by S-H »

e17 wrote:And very good news on Pel Boy being no ones plonker

He who dares wins
:D
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

As far as I'm aware both Ogbonna and Obiang have a year left on their contracts.

I guess Pellers needs to decide to stick and offer extensions or twist.

BtB
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Rockhampton Hammer wrote:If Obiang repeats his goal against Spurs every season, he can stay. If he had kept his form over the last year he'd be at the World Cup.
i've never really seen the fuss about him tbh , decent in about 10 games , truly anonymous in most of the others
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Obiang definitely has the ability. It will be interesting to see what effect Pellegrini has on our existing underperforming players
griff123

Post by griff123 »

Rockhampton Hammer wrote:If Obiang repeats his goal against Spurs every season, he can stay. If he had kept his form over the last year he'd be at the World Cup.
Sorry but is this meant to be tongue in cheek when u say this?
U do realise that Italy are not at the world cup?
faubert93
Has liked: 49 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by faubert93 »

griff123 wrote:
Sorry but is this meant to be tongue in cheek when u say this?
U do realise that Italy are not at the world cup?

He is spanish?

Ogbonna is Italian.
MileEnder

Post by MileEnder »

U do realise that Obiang is Spanish or was that tongue in cheek too. After all you do have two...cheeks that is :D
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

you are David Gold and i claim my £5
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

pezza20 wrote:Anderson will be done by tomorrow
another keeper has been targeted, not from UK - Adrian will be off it seems
still hear we will are very active in Portugal
Seri will be out Kante if we can agree a fee.
we want 2 new centre halves, Diop and Marlon favourites as Mawson is valued by Swansea at over 25m :shock: , we don't
There are a couple of other potential not on jinxed list as I mentioned the other day. The club has 2 options for every position they want to cover, not all those listed will be coming.
El Pell is extremely strong willed on who he wants.
Thanks Pezza :thup: Am I reading it right, that Seri is a no go but we might get Kante ? I’m assuming it’s not the Chelsea player ?
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Thanks for the update Pezza. Sounds promising.

Hammersfaniow, I had to read that twice but it is simply a spelling mistake, it should read “Seri is OUR Kante”. At least that’s my take on it.

Regarding our potentially soon to arrive Brazilian starlet, I have no idea how true all this is but it was an interesting read - http://www.espn.co.uk/football/italian- ... ll-it-last" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like job #1 is to teach him how to order the right food in English

“Pasta carbonara was the only dish he was able to order with his limited knowledge of Italian, leading to significant weight gain and fitness problems that angered coach Edy Reja, and limited him to sporadic appearances in his first season.”
Patito

Post by Patito »

woodford wrote:you are David Gold and i claim my £5
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

scatts wrote:“Pasta carbonara was the only dish he was able to order with his limited knowledge of Italian, leading to significant weight gain and fitness problems that angered coach Edy Reja, and limited him to sporadic appearances in his first season.”
Pie & Mash would soon sort him out. Food of champions.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Thanks Pezza :thup: I hope we still go for Mawson. Don't really want us to sign that Marlon Santos. He looks good on the ball. But not sure about him physically. Diop is definitely worth a shot. But Mawson for me, minus targetting a top centre/defensive midfielder should be where our big money goes on.

Hopefully the Goalkeeper we have lined up is young. As it makes sense to look at one for the future, or at their peak, with 33 year old Fabianski joining. I quite liked the blueprint Stoke had when they had Begovic as number 1, with Butland waiting in the wings. I would look at someone like Sam Johnstone. Or Even spend big and bring Nick Pope in IF we can convince him.

If like you say the other Keeper is from abroad I presume it's - Roberto Jiménez. Who has been linked today. He was at Olympiakos where Husillos was working at briefly. So I guess this is one of his recommendations. But that just makes no sense to me being 32 himself. If we're looking abroad, I'd look at goalkeepers like: Lovre Kalinic, Simon Sluga etc.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Hammersfaniow wrote:Thanks Pezza :thup: Am I reading it right, that Seri is a no go but we might get Kante ? I’m assuming it’s not the Chelsea player ?
Be our* Kante.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

funky chicken wrote:Thanks Pezza :thup: I hope we still go for Mawson. Don't really want us to sign that Marlon Santos. He looks good on the ball. But not sure about him physically. Diop is definitely worth a shot. But Mawson for me, minus targetting a top centre/defensive midfielder should be where our big money goes on.

Hopefully the Goalkeeper we have lined up is young. As it makes sense to look at one for the future, or at their peak, with 33 year old Fabianski joining. I quite liked the blueprint Stoke had when they had Begovic as number 1, with Butland waiting in the wings. I would look at someone like Sam Johnstone. Or Even spend big and bring Nick Pope in IF we can convince him.

If like you say the other Keeper is from abroad I presume it's - Roberto Jiménez. Who has been linked today. He was at Olympiakos where Husillos was working at briefly. So I guess this is one of his recommendations. But that just makes no sense to me being 32 himself. If we're looking abroad, I'd look at goalkeepers like: Lovre Kalinic, Simon Sluga etc.
There's supposed to be a lot of promise in Trott - maybe those keepers will be good long enough for Trott to progress into a first team option.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Patito wrote:Cheers pezza :thup: sounds like our busiest summer ever
Corrected for you
EllisWHU22
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by EllisWHU22 »

At a club with less romance, a more solid back 4 and less need for identity, the bloke would be captain material. I’m not knocking Noble or his importance, but a part of our problem over the last 2 years has been the need to have him hold everything together in a role crying out for a commanding, international quality defender to do.
As much as I love Ogbonna, he is not captain material, he's too nice!
only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

Og & Ob have contracts to 2022, no?
Has homegrown changed to 13? Thought it was still 8.
If we are signing CBs would it not be best to sign Rice up to a longer contract first.

Thank you for the info pezza.
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

2 from Ogbonna, Mawson, and Diop sounds great.... although I suspect Santos will be one of them. Still, I can't write him off just because he's not tall. If he tackles well and is good on the ball then he could still be a good player. Reid isn't particularly dominant in the air either but he's managed to play there for years. And of course, we'll have Rice too.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

e17 wrote:And very good news on Pel Boy being no ones plonker

He who dares wins
^^^^^^^^^
Precisely,

We have Pel Boy, Gold is Grandad, Brady is Marlene and Sully is the short arsed one of the Driscoll brothers.