Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Calverley Hammer

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018- 49 days remaining

Post by Calverley Hammer »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Just read that the only reason Wilshire is leaving arsenal is because he has been offered only 100 k a week which is a 20% pay cut. I’ve suddenly gone off him. Given his injury record I would say it was a generous offer.
Completely agree - as mentioned by many before all this talk of him joining us doesn’t seem to be coming from WHU’s camp. I get the impression he is a plan B or even C.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

ashbanki wrote:Fishdo ~ Name one player that has worked for us??
You are more likely to lose the player because they get tired of waiting,others sniff around dud to transfer merry go round or an injury to similar player,imo.

I don’t follow your first line mate?

And what you go on to say has no relevance to my point.... so I can’t answer your questions
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:So did Gary Breen :shock:
Patito wrote:Pablo Barrera and Enner Valencia also spring to mind
Breen was next level. Barrera and Valencia could only dream of being as other worldly as the Breenmeister

Also how come Breen is allowed by the swear filter?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5670 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

Hammersfaniow wrote:
Payet
Contributed a lot defensively by being an out ball and drawing fouls to take the pressure off. He may not have tracked back much, but he contributed in that way.

Hernandez doesn’t offer that.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

You
GreenStHammer wrote:Is anderson worth E 40m plus 20% sell on fee ? Looks like lazio could get around 50m euros out of this deal. Is he that good ?

If so, then anderson , seri , dendoncker/carvalho and 1 more attacker please !
Yeah that’s my thinking. If we’re really prepared to pay north of $30 for a player for the first time, is this geezer going to be the bee’s knees? There’s few team changing players around for similiar/cheaper fees.

And why does no other club think he’s good deal at that cost? Not of sniff of interest from else where.

I want him to sign because of the whole Brazilian curiosity flair thing. I also just want us to sign players. More the merrier. Just seems a mad price and I’m just hoping Pel Boy has a master plan that evolves around Anderson or he’s calling Sully’s bluff right off the bat.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

We was allegedly suppose to be talking to Juve and Sturaro's reps today according to Jinxed yesterday. I wonder how it went. I guess we'll find out soon enough whether we submit a bid for him or not.

Be interesting to see if there is any truth in the Correa link and if so what he is he lined up for. I.e. Is he Anderson's back up if we don't sign him. Or is he more Lanzini's replacement.

Plus if it is true we have made a bid for that Izzo is he our new number 1 target for centre half, or is he to get Swansea to sell Mawson asap.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Smonnie wrote:I have to say that if Sullivan really was penny pinching under Moyes to save up for a splurge this Summer, he played a blinder.
I think he took an unnecessary gamble would be my take on it if he was holding out. A number of our reported targets have some clear cross over from the targets Moyes was looking at. If all this Pellers has been lined up for months is true. Why wouldn't you call Pell Boy and say Moyes wants a DM/CM or whatever to guarantee survival these are our options? If we'd gone down would he still have come to manage us...I doubt it.

That said I'd say I'm content with the signings so far and i'm not bothered by next level signings but we still need a min of 3 or 4 of the same quality or better before this window can be called decent, 5 or 6 more would be a good window.
Last edited by Faithless on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4378 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Where we are if we get Anderson in comparison to MP's title winning squad.

Although I don't like the look of Lukaku, Jnr it would enable Arfur to shuffle up into Snodders' position.

Not sure if Kouyate and Rice should swap positions.....but central midfield really is bereft of quality. We need another better than average attacking player as well with Lanzini out.

Would expect £20m - ish for Hugill, Oxford, Burke, Cullen.
ballantine
Has liked: 1310 likes
Total likes: 234 likes

Post by ballantine »

GaryP wrote:Does the Izzo match fixing not bother anyone else ?
It bothers me a lot. Never seen him play, don't want him.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Cool graphics Bubbs :thup:

Just a shame the names in the West Ham boxes may give nightmares
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

GaryP wrote:Does the Izzo match fixing not bother anyone else ?
He never match fixed, he was found guilty of not informing the authorities when he was aware of it and hence received a 1 year ban reduced to 6 months.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1067 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Just read that the only reason Wilshire is leaving arsenal is because he has been offered only 100 k a week which is a 20% pay cut. I’ve suddenly gone off him. Given his injury record I would say it was a generous offer.

Not correct - he's leaving because Dick doesn't see him as a regular starter ...
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

I don’t think anyone would be happy with having to take a 20% pay cut!
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Wilshere has stated that he was willing to take a pay cut to stay at Arsenal and had pretty much agreed a new contract, but when he spoke to Emery he was told he would not be a regular starter and therefore left to seek first team football assurances. I imagine the end of his contract and not getting into the World Cup squad were timed as such to make him realise he needs to be playing football after being out so much in years gone by.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

The Telegraph reporting that Anderson’s wage demands are putting us off plus the fact Lazio are now looking for more than the original fee agreed.

Time to move in methinks
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Hammersfaniow wrote:The Telegraph reporting that Anderson’s wage demands are putting us off plus the fact Lazio are now looking for more than the original fee agreed.

Time to move in methinks
Got a link?
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Hammersfaniow wrote:The Telegraph reporting that Anderson’s wage demands are putting us off plus the fact Lazio are now looking for more than the original fee agreed.

Time to move in methinks
The story takes another little added twist, this is truly becoming one of those 'we tried our best' player chases we are so familiar with. I wonder if Pellers is quite so familiar however. I do wonder now that we have been re enthused with potential quality coming in that the quality level will gradually sink to a more familiar level as negotiations for whatever reason stall.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Up the Junction wrote: Not in a million years. Horrible player, nothing but a big angry lump. Avoid like the plague.

That describes most of our fan base
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Up the Junction wrote: Not in a million years. Horrible player, nothing but a big angry lump. Avoid like the plague.
He had 1 poor debut season in the Prem as a 21yo which showed up his young over exuberance. He's a consistent goalscorer bar that season.

I don't think he's as bad as first appeared in the Prem.
wigwig

Post by wigwig »

11 goals in 66 league appearances for Newcastle says he’s not. His first season in the Prem was also his best.

Let’s not get over excited about players in the World Cup.