Is the waiting list a scam?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Is the waiting list a scam?

Postby Johnnygreeneyes on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:44 pm

I've been on the Waiting List since we left Upton Park and wasn't able to take up the offer last season. This time I received my email saying I had a slot at 3.30 today to buy a ticket. I phoned at just before 3.30, was number 3 in the queue, and completed my purchase at 3.34. I got exactly the seat I wanted and I can't wait! I've been a Hammer for 50 years and this is my first season ticket. Very excited!
I understand people moaning but really, this couldn't have been easier. My £10 got me a spot on the list and now I have the ticket. Job done!
Johnnygreeneyes

Postby 3Dicks on Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

all I want to know is how many people are currently on the list and I'm sure those on the list would like to know what number they are currently on the list.

it really shouldn't be difficult.
3Dicks

Postby Derby Hammer on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Something I wasn't expecting... "we're knocking £10 off the cost of your season ticket which is what you paid to be on the waiting list." I'd completely forgotten that was part of the deal.

At current rates £10 at three years or so of interest won't get you far. Neither would interest on £500,000 over three years. Probably enough for a couple of bandages for Andy Carroll.
Derby Hammer

Postby Boleyn Bound on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:55 pm

I received an email on Saturday saying I can apply for a season ticket tomorrow as I've reached the top of the queue.

I wasn't aware I was on the list. I was a claret member the first season, didn't bother this season (just gone) and evidently still on the list...

FWIW I won't be taking them up on the offer.
Boleyn Bound

Postby HamburgHammer on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Amazing that they are knocking off the 10 quid voluntarily, when I got my season ticket for the first OS season I had to remind them when doing the transaction.
I reckon they did cash a bit of money like this in previous seasons from those who forgot about the tenner.
HamburgHammer

Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise

Postby warontheterraces on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 pm

If what people have posted on this and other threads is true then clearly the ST waiting list has not been administered fairly in strict as you join order. For what it’s worth, I got an appointment for the 1st day of new sales for 18/19 and got the band and block I wanted no problem and was on the list for 2 years. I’m not a newbie and followed the club since 72 with previous ST’s though not bothered since 05/06. The price is actually less than £30 more than my 91/92 ST in the old West Stand upper at The Boleyn! So for me joining the list worked but obviously everyone has their own story to tell.
warontheterraces

Postby NetSixandChill on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:34 am

I received an email a couple of months ago asking if I’d like the option to be put forward for a season ticket (18/19) which I said I would . I’ve been on the waiting list since May 2016. I phoned up last week to ask what my position was and was told that I’m currently 29,000 . Oh and I think my waiting list membership expires at the end of this year . Really worth the £10.
NetSixandChill

Postby Big George on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 am

I met a Hammers pal of mine in Manchester yesterday. He moved from a ST to members for the last season at the Boleyn as he moved North. He never joined the waiting list, wasn't even a member last year but got an email asking him to call on Monday to buy a ST.

The waiting list is a myth
Last edited by Big George on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big George

Postby JCA on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

Sounds like it is a basic telesales list being badly administered, calling it a waiting list is a misnomer.
JCA

Postby Stulaw on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 am

It's more like a lottery or raffle ticket draw by the sounds of it. Either that or each person has an excel spreadsheet open listed in different orders, and the unlucky people (like me) just don't get picked due to being towards the middle or end of each list order.

I've been signed up since May 2016 and haven't had any contact whatsoever about season tickets.
Stulaw

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 am

Surely this is a matter for the police / Hmrc?
Georgee Paris

Postby HammerMan2004 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 am

Georgee Paris wrote:Surely this is a matter for the police / Hmrc?

Seriously?
HammerMan2004

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:24 am

Well I think the avengers are busy but you could try bananaman.
Georgee Paris

Postby uptonparkhurst on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:Surely this is a matter for the police / Hmrc?

Trading Standards.more like - it seems like a clear case of misrepresentation to me.
uptonparkhurst

Location: On the ground floor, thinking that the "next level" could be the basement

Postby Nesticles on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:40 pm

The club continues to make a mockery of a loyal fanbase

£10 each for an imaginary waiting list queue that doesn't exist
Nesticles

Postby Briggsy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Nesticles wrote:The club continues to make a mockery of a loyal fanbase

£10 each for an imaginary waiting list queue that doesn't exist

It's gone up to 12 quid now.
Briggsy

Postby Aycliffe on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:33 pm

There clearly is a list just not sure how long it is. I received the below email from an ex work colleague this morning, how many more similar stories to this are there?

Hello,
I hope you had a good weekend.

I have a question about the mighty hammers and was hoping, as a West Ham fan, you could help advise me.
So when I lived in London, West Ham were approaching the move into the QE stadium. I joined the waiting list with a friend and now our name is at the top.
The cost is £520 and while I wouldn’t attend every game, I wanted to ask about the possibility of re-sale/exchange of both our tickets. From a fan point of view, do these sites exist and how does it work? Do you or know of people who use these sites?
My friend and I would only attend a couple of the high profile games (Liverpool, city) if the weeks suit, plus games when we have visitors.

I have my decision window on Thursday 1.30pm and I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. 
Aycliffe

Postby sutts07 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 pm

Johnnygreeneyes wrote:I've been on the Waiting List since we left Upton Park and wasn't able to take up the offer last season. This time I received my email saying I had a slot at 3.30 today to buy a ticket. I phoned at just before 3.30, was number 3 in the queue, and completed my purchase at 3.34. I got exactly the seat I wanted and I can't wait! I've been a Hammer for 50 years and this is my first season ticket. Very excited!
I understand people moaning but really, this couldn't have been easier. My £10 got me a spot on the list and now I have the ticket. Job done!

Great first post... hmmm... :eh:
sutts07

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Was my first thoughts as well, sutts
somerset-hammer

Postby nitramad on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Aycliffe wrote:I received the below email from an ex work colleague this morning, how many more similar stories to this are there?

I really can't put into words how angry this makes me. The fact that some non-fan who will go to 1 or 2 games each season is being offered the chance to get a season ticket when there's real fans stuck in the waiting list is disgusting. I registered for a season ticket on 13th Nov 2015 and have the confirmation email stating so. Despite speaking to the ticket office and having sent multiple follow-up emails proving when I joined the list, I still haven't been given an opportunity to buy a ticket.
I hope you told this bloke where to get off.
nitramad

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion