Is the waiting list a scam?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Is the waiting list a scam?

Postby e17 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 pm

nitramad wrote:I really can't put into words how angry this makes me.

Why? It’s the clubs fault you haven’t been given a chance, not this fellas.

Good luck to anytime capitalizing off of their chance I reckon. Or casuals just going to a couple of games for that matter.

I’ve been a STH on & off since 1986, and the Asian lass & her kid who sat next to me last season never went to a single game at The Boleyn before it went, & she ain’t got a scooby who the players are, but it’s a cheap day out for her kiddy once in a while.

No point in getting angry at others getting their chance fella, it’s the club who’ve clearly mucked their system up (not for the first time when it comes to ticketing, that’s for sure!)
e17

Postby claret and bobby on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm

E17 how can you not be angry at that? Matey has openly admitted he will go to Liverpool and city that’s it. That seat will be empty the rest of the season not re-sold. A woman with no real history taking her kid along is different imo. There’s potential he grows up a long term supporter of the club. These two don’t care they just want to see Salah and aguero.

Apologies if this has been answered already but has it been confirmed that the tenner paid will carry over? I had an email last month asking to confirm preferences but nothing since. I don’t want to have to pay again for the slim chance I jump to the front of the ‘line’.
claret and bobby

Postby nitramad on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 pm

e17 wrote:Why? It’s the clubs fault you haven’t been given a chance, not this fellas.

Good luck to anytime capitalizing off of their chance I reckon. Or casuals just going to a couple of games for that matter.

Really? You don't see why I'm angry at some bloke saying he's gonna get a West Ham season ticket and rock up for just 2 or 3 games each season so he can watch City and Liverpool? While I agree the club are at fault and take the bulk of the blame for this situation, that doesn't mean I can't also be angry at people who are stopping real West Ham fans from getting to see their team. And I don't like being told otherwise.
nitramad

Postby Derby Hammer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm

sutts07 wrote:Great first post... hmmm... :eh:

But it's not too contradictory to my post just before... only I've been on here years.
Derby Hammer

Postby Aycliffe on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 am

" Nitramad wrote:
I really can't put into words how angry this makes me. The fact that some non-fan who will go to 1 or 2 games each season is being offered the chance to get a season ticket when there's real fans stuck in the waiting list is disgusting. I registered for a season ticket on 13th Nov 2015 and have the confirmation email stating so. Despite speaking to the ticket office and having sent multiple follow-up emails proving when I joined the list, I still haven't been given an opportunity to buy a ticket.
I hope you told this bloke where to get off

I can fully understand your anger mate and I would feel the same if I still lived down there and was on the waiting list wanting a season ticket and constantly saw loads of empty seats at every home game!

I politely pointed out the flaws in the Ticket exchange system and made him aware that some would rather see their seat remain empty than use it. I also pointed out there are still tensions with regard the move and also a dislike from some home supporters with regard being sat amongst day trippers and supporters of other clubs, I am awaiting his response with interest!
Aycliffe

Postby B'WoodBob on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 am

The fact that some non-fan who will go to 1 or 2 games each season is being offered the chance to get a season ticket when there's real fans stuck in the waiting list is disgusting.

Therein lies the problem. From the Club's perspective how do they differentiate between those that some deem to be 'the real fans' and the 'non-fan'?

If and I know its a big if, the waiting list is reasonably honest then in this case the answer is the non-fan got in earlier and got themselves on the list before the real fan.

The club doubled their ST holders overnight, the extra was never going to be taken up by the 'real fans', we never had enough. Its inevitable that fans of other clubs have taken up the option of STs, why wouldn't they?

If you lived hundreds of miles away from where you grew up and consequently your team, would you not take up an option to watch top class football every other week at an affordable price would you not take it?

West Ham will grow to fill the stadium but its going to take a longer time to achieve than most imagined.
B'WoodBob

Postby Wembley1966 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am

Two Essex-based Mancs I know got season tickets for the first season as they were fed up with the commute to Manchester and never got a chance of a ticket to see any of their London away games. They go to about half of our games a season and have even relocated for next season. "Why commute to watch crap football when you can watch it locally!"
Wembley1966

Postby Hamburger on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 am

As the ticket entry system is computerised, surely the club can see non attendees & revoke their ST? Or at least stipulate in the terms that they must attend a minimum of 50% to retain it. Also they would know which seats are empty during every match, why not start a system to sell those seats at half time? It would at least give some real fans a chance to see half a game. There must be upwards of 2000 at most matches!!!
Hamburger

Postby B'WoodBob on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:03 am

Hamburger wrote:.
As the ticket entry system is computerised, surely the club can see non attendees & revoke their ST? Or at least stipulate in the terms that they must attend a minimum of 50% to retain it. Also they would know which seats are empty during every match, why not start a system to sell those seats at half time? It would at least give some real fans a chance to see half a game. There must be upwards of 2000 at most matches!!!

The club can do both of those things. They gave out the number of STs that were never used for the first season at the bowl. Off the back of that they reserved the right to revoke the Season Tickets of those that attended less than 7 games last year, although the listing of your ticket on ticket trader, upgrading and ticket forwarding counted towards your total. To date there has been no announcement as to whether or not the club have invoked this.

In all this the bit I don't get is we have a capacity of 57k, 52k STHs, 3k away leaving 2k for each game available for member/ general sale. Why are there always tickets available right up to the few days before the game when we have a waiting list just shy of 50k?

Something smells rotten in the State of Denmark.
B'WoodBob

Postby sendô on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Dear Sendô,

We are delighted to confirm that as you are towards the top of the Season Ticket Waiting List, you will soon have the opportunity to purchase a 2018/19 Season Ticket for Manuel Pellegrini's first season in charge of the Hammers.

Your allocated priority window to secure your Season Ticket opens from:
Friday 15 June - 3.30pm

Please call the Ticket Office on 0333 030 1966 (option 3) from this time to finalise your Season Ticket seats.

Available seats are expected to sell out quickly - we therefore recommend calling as close to your allotted time slot as possible to increase your chances of securing a Season Ticket.

Season Tickets start from just £320 for Adults and from £99 for Under 16s. Full pricing and a seating map can be found here.
sendô

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm

When you post details of your appointment, it's be really helpful if you could also state when you joined the waiting list. Thank you.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby LeicesterHammer on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

I also got the same email as Sendo, albeit for an earlier time slot on Friday. I can't remember when I joined the list, but I've been a member forever up until last season when I packed it in. Thought I would have lost my place on the queue.
LeicesterHammer

Postby Graza on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Hamburger wrote:.

Rather than an instant revoke perhaps a call to confirm why the ticket went unused, people do have legitimate reasons.

I'm also dubious about reselling tickets at half time a) they'd botch it b) if you were at work and could/would make the second half wouldn't you want to? I'm rarely if ever late for games but I would be fuming if the club had double bubble on my seat because I had to deal with something at work.

Something should be done, particularly with empty seats - I've said before the seats next to me are almost never occupied, and when they are it's never by the same people so it's not hard to imagine what's going on with them.

B'WoodBob wrote:The club can do both of those things. They gave out the number of STs that were never used for the first season at the bowl. Off the back of that they reserved the right to revoke the Season Tickets of those that attended less than 7 games last year, although the listing of your ticket on ticket trader, upgrading and ticket forwarding counted towards your total. To date there has been no announcement as to whether or not the club have invoked this.

I would be really interested to hear if the 7 game rule had ever been applied. Probably not. If they get the money they don't care. They'd only look at it if the holes became so noticeable that sky asked them to do something about it. Even then I'm not sure what the consumer rights bods would have to say about it...
Graza

Postby sendô on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Up the Junction wrote:When you post details of your appointment, it's be really helpful if you could also state when you joined the waiting list. Thank you.

When they first brought the "list" out just after we left the BG if I remember rightly guv.

I don't have plans to ring them, I can't really justify a season ticket at the moment. :|
sendô

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks sendo. :thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Jon on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:21 pm

I received the same email today. I was a member in the last season at Upton Park, not since. Never paid £10 to join a waiting list.

I get my tickets via friends who are unable to attend. Last season I bought NO tickets through the club yet they say I'm 'towards the top' of their 'List'.
Jon

Postby NetSixandChill on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:58 pm

This is what I don’t understand ! Obviously fair play to everyone that gets a season ticket and good luck to them but how are people who joined after me getting opportunities to buy a season ticket ?
NetSixandChill

Postby Hammer1972 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Jon wrote:I received the same email today. I was a member in the last season at Upton Park, not since. Never paid £10 to join a waiting list.

Exactly the same scenario for me, got an email today with an appointment for 18th June.
Hammer1972

Postby nitramad on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Finally got an email today to call on Monday June 18th. Joined the waiting list on 13th Nov 2015.
Fingers crossed - need 3 tickets for me and my 2 daughters. Hope it's not just singles by then.
nitramad

Postby Briggsy on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 pm

I just received the following email from the club:

"
Get all-important match ticket priority and save money on tickets by becoming a Claret Member!

By joining, you give yourself the best opportunity to get your hands on match tickets for Manuel Pellegrini’s first season in charge of the Hammers. Plus you receive other benefits including a £5 saving on general sale match ticket prices for home Premier League matches.

By becoming a Member you also have the option to add yourself to the Season Ticket Waiting List for just £1 on top of your Membership price. Simply select that Membership option when joining online."

Looks like the waiting list may grow a little.
Briggsy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion