£37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

£37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:58 pm

"A season ticket holder has written to West Ham after he was asked to pay £37 in order to upgrade a child's season ticket - for a match in which an adult may purchase one on General Sale for £20..."

Read more at http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132367
User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
 
Posts: 50553
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:03 am

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby 3Dicks on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Hmmm this is an interesting one, for the same game due to the day change I emailed the club to ask if there was an issue if I purchased an Adult ticket on my sons Junior membership, they haven't bothered to reply so I went ahead paid the £40 and it shows on his account as an Adult ticket has been purchased... I'm now a little worried I wont be able to get in with my mate in toe next week.

also a little disgruntled I paid £80 for two tickets now they are reduced but hey ho I was prepared to pay the price at the time just a little annoying now/
User avatar
3Dicks
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 am

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby hessa on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Not great is it, though in fairness as an adult season ticket holder, should the club be selling seats cheaper than the cost of my season ticket averaged out over 19 games? I'd say not.
User avatar
hessa
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:42 am
Location: Shepperton

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby hessa on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:36 pm

3Dicks wrote:Hmmm this is an interesting one, for the same game due to the day change I emailed the club to ask if there was an issue if I purchased an Adult ticket on my sons Junior membership, they haven't bothered to reply so I went ahead paid the £40 and it shows on his account as an Adult ticket has been purchased... I'm now a little worried I wont be able to get in with my mate in toe next week.

also a little disgruntled I paid £80 for two tickets now they are reduced but hey ho I was prepared to pay the price at the time just a little annoying now/


I'm sure there has been an occasion in the past when this happened and due to pressure the club did refund people who had paid the full ticket price. Though I'm sure UTJ or someone else on here will know if that did occur?
User avatar
hessa
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:42 am
Location: Shepperton

Re: £20 ticket

Postby Pop Robson on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Change the subject line to "£20 a ticket in BAND 1 normally £50"

Image

Image
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 15938
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm
Location: Looking for the 50,000

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby OohAahButler on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 pm

hessa wrote:Not great is it, though in fairness as an adult season ticket holder, should the club be selling seats cheaper than the cost of my season ticket averaged out over 19 games? I'd say not.

Depends what band you’re in. And your season ticket includes the more expensive cat A games - Stoke on a school night when it’s on the box is hardly a big draw.
OohAahButler
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby hessa on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Band 3, so £600 for the season. Works out about £31.60 a game. In relation to the game not being a big draw, its a pretty important fixture for the club, so not entirely sure I agree. Though sure if the club are discounting tickets its a fairly big clue that they agree with you in this case.

Yes agreed you get the Cat A games, though I can't say that Man U on a Thursday night is a particualry big draw for me, neither was Arsenal on a Wednesday night. Plenty of the Cat A games are mid week which doesn't have the same draw as a Saturday 3pm game.

I know I'm moaning here so sorry. I don't like the Stadium and it has sapped the enthusiasim for going to games, never mind mid week games travelling across London after work etc. .
User avatar
hessa
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:42 am
Location: Shepperton

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 pm

Am I reading those prices correctly? Concessions are a fiver more than the adult price?
User avatar
Johnny Byrne's Boots
 
Posts: 18050
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: I am the one who knocks

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Pop Robson on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Am I reading those prices correctly? Concessions are a fiver more than the adult price?


The concessions are normal price, the under 16 and adult tickets are reduced
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 15938
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm
Location: Looking for the 50,000

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Samba on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Sully is clearly a financial genius..
User avatar
Samba
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby stu1 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:27 pm

3Dicks wrote:I'm now a little worried I wont be able to get in with my mate in toe next week./


Even if you’ve only got a child’s ticket just walk through the turnstile quickly and don’t hang around the other side. I use my dads OAP tickets with my mates all the time never had any problems.

If the owners are willing to shaft us, why pay them extra to upgrade your ticket when you don’t really need to....
User avatar
stu1
 
Posts: 6052
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 pm
Location: On top of ket hill, with my boots on

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Samba on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:24 am

stu1 wrote:Even if you’ve only got a child’s ticket just walk through the turnstile quickly and don’t hang around the other side. I use my dads OAP tickets with my mates all the time never had any problems.

I used to occasionally but had a very close shave once at UP!
User avatar
Samba
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Mooro on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 am

It's not a good idea in the present climate trying to get in using a kid's or over 65's ticket. I know that that the stewards have in the past often gone missing when they're supposed to be watching the coloured lights above the turnstiles showing what kind of ticket has been used to gain entry, but I have noticed a lot more guys in orange lately carefully checking who comes in. It all depends which turnstile you use and/or what time you go in, if it's approaching kick-off time or there's a big queue you're much less likely to stopped.
Mooro
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Porkeyes on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 am

I've only just seen this. I upgraded my mates kids ticket for myself yesterday £46 !!!!! Any suggestions as to what I can do apart from pay more attention to West Ham chat rooms?
User avatar
Porkeyes
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:47 pm
Location: Wickford Boys we are 'ere.......

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby mumbles87 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:47 am

I had a look last night and you could get a ticket for £20 so if this was me Id just buy a ticket for £20 and then sit in the season ticket seat
mumbles87
 
Posts: 10213
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 am

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Pop Robson on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm

mumbles87 wrote:I had a look last night and you could get a ticket for £20 so if this was me Id just buy a ticket for £20 and then sit in the season ticket seat


You could have got one and then sold your ST seat on ticket trader

Plenty for sale now on TT at I presume normal prices
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 15938
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm
Location: Looking for the 50,000

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby HammerMan2004 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Just looked, Ticket Trader has seats near me for £42.
User avatar
HammerMan2004
 
Posts: 20677
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby westhamshares on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm

I also needed to upgrade a kids season ticket for the stoke fixture and was quoted £37 for a band 3 in the bobby moore lower.

when I told the guy I could buy a band A ticket for £20 so I might as well do that (and not that I mentioned it to the person on the phone then tell the person to come and sit in the seat) he let me "buy" and I stress buy NOT upgrade the seat where the kids st is for £20 plus booking fee
westhamshares
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:13 am

Re: £37 to upgrade a £20 ticket? No thanks!

Postby Pop Robson on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:01 pm

westhamshares wrote:I also needed to upgrade a kids season ticket for the stoke fixture and was quoted £37 for a band 3 in the bobby moore lower.

when I told the guy I could buy a band A ticket for £20 so I might as well do that (and not that I mentioned it to the person on the phone then tell the person to come and sit in the seat) he let me "buy" and I stress buy NOT upgrade the seat where the kids st is for £20 plus booking fee


Did you sell back the kids version of that seat on ticket trader ?
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 15938
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm
Location: Looking for the 50,000


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FreeWheeling, Google [Bot], Lil Joe 17, Monkey Mike, Portswood, rciron, shirkhammer, Ted Fenton, Unnar, woodford and 47 guests