The goal that wasn't (non whufc)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: The goal that wasn't (non whufc)

Postby OFT on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:47 am

Spurs seeking permission for Harry to wear special kit and use bigger ball

OFT

Postby Tristan Shout on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 am

I scored in a 5-a-side game last night, the FA have just been on the phone, they've taken it off me and awarded it to kane.
Just when you thought football couldn't get any more pathetic.
Tottenham really are disgusting, Alli chucking himself down all season claiming he was fouled when he's not even been touched, now Kane claiming he touched a ball that he didn't,
How desperate are the FA to give the golden boot to their poster boy Englishman .
Proper fans know the truth and it should start with their own condemning it, if one of ours dived for a penalty he would be slated on here.
Premier-league football is becoming a joke, proper fans need to take our game back from the sky generation, the culprits should be named and shamed and made a laughing stock of to shame them into not doing it
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:17 am

I know people who know Kane pretty well, and from what they have told me, he is not the type to lie to get a goal added to his tally - if he said he touched it, then it is a very good chance he did

Whilst he has gone about it in a bit of an over the top way, and i don't think the premier league should award the goal simply on his word, I agree with this article...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-star-harry-kane-measures-his-life-in-goals-you-can-t-mock-him-for-christian-eriksen-a3811096.html

I think the last paragraph is fair...

His is an attitude to be lauded. How often is an English sportsperson criticised for lacking a winning mentality? It was noted in a previous column that Kane stayed behind to watch Cristiano Ronaldo pose for photographs and sign autographs after winning Fifa’s Best Men’s Player award in London last October while other dignitaries streamed towards the exits; he is determined to join the game’s highest echelons and becoming the first player since Thierry Henry to win the League’s Golden Boot in three successive seasons would be another notable step forward.

Alan Shearer’s all-time League record of 260 is on Kane’s radar. Each goal matters on the path to greatness both individually and collectively. More power to him
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby sendô on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:30 am

Whitters wrote:On a side note, the Man City Sane 'goal' last night being ruled out by the lino was a shocker and probably would have been a game changer, rather than letting the Mickeys back into the game.

Point of order - it might have been hard for the lino to see who the ball came off of. In that situation I'd expect the ref to step in and discuss with the lino, i.e at what point was he deemed off, and then give the goal.

As for Kane, it's embarrassing. The ball didn't touch him. Nonetheless, strikers claiming they've scored every goal is nothing new.
sendô

Postby hammerleroy on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 am

Surely the Kane decision means that every goal which gets a touch on an opposition player on its way in must be ruled an OG? Or is that just silly!!! :wink:
hammerleroy

Postby Ladzini on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:02 am

hammerleroy wrote:Surely the Kane decision means that every goal which gets a touch on an opposition player on its way in must be ruled an OG? Or is that just silly!!! :wink:

That would depend, only if it benefits the English FA's official football club.
Ladzini

Postby Tristan Shout on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:11 am

URGENT! - You have until 8pm tonight to claim your miss-sold PPI before Kane decides its his
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:27 pm

ageing hammer

Postby Devils Advocate on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:04 pm

The most important issue here has been overlooked so far. Namely why has my fantasy football team not been awarded the extra points now that Kane's been given the goal?
Devils Advocate

Postby bracknellhammer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:The most important issue here has been overlooked so far. Namely why has my fantasy football team not been awarded the extra points now that Kane's been given the goal?

Tough luck fella. All I know is that I've got 15 Harry Kane's in my team for this week with a bench boost to boot :scarfer:
bracknellhammer

Postby sicknote on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:56 pm

sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Harry Hound on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:I know people who know Kane pretty well, and from what they have told me, he is not the type to lie to get a goal added to his tally - if he said he touched it, then it is a very good chance he did

Sounds to me like a case of "you think that you know someone, then he turns out to be a muggy c@nt! 8-)
Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

Previous

Return to General Discussion