David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should WHUFC offer David Moyes an extended contract?

Yes
37%
No
50%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 1058

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by Colours never run »

e17 wrote:
Maybe his stream hasn’t worked until the 6th minute for the last few weeks
Corrected for you. :)
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Ironing Board wrote:Well of course, if someone me one better is willing to manage the club that only makes sense.
"me one better" "makes sense"? Not to me.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ironing Board wrote:Well of course, if someone me one better is willing to manage the club that only makes sense.
Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote:
"me one better" "makes sense"? Not to me.
none of his posts make much sense..

especially the one that said we have as much chance of having Jock Stein for our manager as Wenger and/or Pelligrini et al...

We had to break it to him that poor Jock has passed on....I think he's still sobbing into his David Moyes duvet cover...

:lol:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

It makes sense if you have ever owned an iPhone and it has predictive text.

And, again, you cannot argue the points in a reasonable manner. Here’s the facts - Moyes has been asked to do one thing, which is avoid relegation. It looks like he will achieve this. At a reasonable level he will deserve to complete his contract, which was something like a season and a half or two and a half, I cannot remember.

If he is smart his contract will guarantee this. He will have to have his contract paid up if he meets the criteria. So you basically think it is worth a few million to get rid of Moyes and all his staff and replace them with someone else. Almost anyone else as long as it is not him, by the way you are going on.

And it seems beyond you that the point I am making is there is as much chance of a dead man taking over as there is of Wenger coming here.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Nope mate, your contract was until the end of this season..no longer....as with all of your staff.

they can all walk away, or we can offer them a new contract, there is no in between. So there isn't any pay out on our behalf.

That's another reason we would prefer to interview all interested parties (including you) and see who is available..

And I have to ask mate..you signed a contract and don't know how long you signed it for ??

More fool you....

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

I thought when he started they said it was longer term with a break option?

Thing is, it goes both ways. He may get other offers if he keeps the team up and has a decent finish. He was previously contacted by Newcastle, for example, and Everton may also look to him if they get rid of Sam
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

The only decent finish I reckon with our remaining fixtures is about 15-17th.

Newcastle - I can't remember them offering him anything. If Rafa leaves and they hire him, Ashley had better hire bodyguards.

Everton couldn't wait to get shot of him, they hate Sam and they will probably finish 7-8th with a shout of Europe. He will be out of a job in the summer. They even polled their supporters to see if THEY wanted him back. What does that tell you.

Tell me who in the PL right now, do you think he could get a job with. Honest.

He'll be out of work again, unless anyone in the Championship who flirted with relegation, want a change. He'll get an offer then. Other than a job with us, he's out of work. Unless he wants to drop down a division or two.

That's my honest opinion. If he keeps us up, he might get an offer here. Anywhere else. Nah,.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Your point is imbecilic - he has a far better record than Sam, Pardew, Hughes and others who regularly get parachuted into Premier League jobs. He is a proven relegation battler with Everton, Sociedad and, in all likelihood, West Ham. The idea he will not be offered another job is just silly. In addition to jobs in England, he would also be a favourite for the Celtic job if Rodgers leaves.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ironing Board wrote:I thought when he started they said it was longer term with a break option?

Thing is, it goes both ways. He may get other offers if he keeps the team up and has a decent finish. He was previously contacted by Newcastle, for example, and Everton may also look to him if they get rid of Sam
You are mad if you think Everton are gonna get Moyes back and swapping Benitez for Moyes is like trading gold for copper.
Let's not forget Moyes was on every football related TV program begging to get back into work before we decided that his 10k a week wage was well worth a punt. Honestly we should be aiming for anyone who wants to play positive football. I really don't get why people are happy to watch paint dry if it means PL survival.
Positive, attacking football is a priority for me at least, I watch football because when played right it is beautiful but that seems to be lost on some fans.
Why is finishing 9th-17th that important?
We have owners that are not going anywhere, we made some traction but then we beat Southampton and all is forgotten because the results are so important, right?

I will say a prayer each night for Moyes, praying that he will decline the contract that Sullivan will inevitably offer him because he is their perfect joke of a manager, cheap, a great scapegoat and has experience working on a budget.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ironing Board wrote:Your point is imbecilic - he has a far better record than Sam, Pardew, Hughes and others who regularly get parachuted into Premier League jobs. He is a proven relegation battler with Everton, Sociedad and, in all likelihood, West Ham. The idea he will not be offered another job is just silly. In addition to jobs in England, he would also be a favourite for the Celtic job if Rodgers leaves.
Sunderland 2015/16 under Big Sam - 9 wins, 48 goals for, 62 conceded, 39 pts
Sunderland 2016/17 under Moyes - 6 wins, 29 goals for, 69 conceded, 24 pts

Moyes is actually a joke to the majority of football fans, the footballing world was pissing themselves in laughter when we brought him in. Whatever he had, is gone.

I am not a fan of Big Sam but he has a better record than Moyes in their recent jobs.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

I've started to give up caring.
Anyone chosen by G&S is gonna be a useless c***...
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Pay out his remaining contract?? :?

Sorry did I miss that bit when he was initially given only until the 3nd of the season to prove himself worthy of extending his short term deal, or did this happen when no one we looking?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Actually Moyes record at Man Utd is statistically better than any of Sams. And what he achieved at Everton is far ahead of anything Sam or pretty much anyone outside the Sky 4, and now City and Spurs, have achieved
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ironing Board wrote:Actually Moyes record at Man Utd is statistically better than any of Sams. And what he achieved at Everton is far ahead of anything Sam or pretty much anyone outside the Sky 4, and now City and Spurs, have achieved
Wait, Sam coached Man United ?

The bloody things you learn on here....

Or are you asking us to compare the squads that Sam (and I am no lover there) inherited to that Moyes' got at his gig in Manchester ???? Like flipping chalk and cheese mate...

So could anyone do me a favour and let me know how Moyes compares to ANY West Ham manager so far ? Let alone Sam.....

Didn't someone post that he has the very worst winning percentage of anyone employed before him..or did I make that up....

Some may say it may be unfair to judge David Moyes after just 27 games in charge but his win ratio of just 25.93% is the worst for any permanent West Ham manager in their history.

Moyes has won 7 games, drawn 9 and lost 11 since taking over from Slaven Bilic.

Gianfranco Zola win ratio was 28.75% for his 80 games in charge and Avram Grant managed 31.91% for his 47 games as manager.

Even the hapless Glen Roeder managed a win ratio of 31.4% for his 86 games as the West Ham manager.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/page/2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You know what they say about "when you find yourself in a hole...stop digging...."
Colours never run

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
That's my honest opinion. If he keeps us up, he might get an offer here. Anywhere else. Nah,.

Should Rodgers go, I think the job has Moyes written all over it. There's practically little choice in the Prem for him and reckon he'd regard getting the Celtic job as a bit of a touch all things considered. About his level but if that were to happen, my heart would immediately go out to their fans.
Colours never run

Ironing Board wrote:Your point is imbecilic - he has a far better record than Sam, Pardew, Hughes and others who regularly get parachuted into Premier League jobs. He is a proven relegation battler with Everton, Sociedad and, in all likelihood, West Ham.

Slow down, Allardyce has never been relegated from the Prem. Moyes has.
Colours never run

Ironing Board wrote:Actually Moyes record at Man Utd is statistically better than any of Sams. And what he achieved at Everton is far ahead of anything Sam or pretty much anyone outside the Sky 4, and now City and Spurs, have achieved

You're comparing jobs like apples with pears. On what planet is the Man Utd job ever comparable to that of a Club Allardyce has been lucky enough to manage?

Should Moyes continue doing poorly in management respectively since Everton for another 5 years, would you still hark back to those wonderful years at Everton as evidence of why he's still got it at the top level? Because it's what you've done turning a blind eye to his failures in the past 5 years.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

You have a point, but since you compared their Sunderland tenures, you should also try comparing their Everton spells. Even at their worst, Moyes’ boys showed great spirit and had the support of the fans.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

Everton were languishing at the wrong end of the table having spent an unprecedented amount of cash over the summer when Allardici took over. They now sit 8th. That could be constituted as showing great spirt.
Fair enough though, their fans haven't taken to him
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Name me a Man Utd manager in the last 20 years who's had a worse record than Sam Allardyce who has managed Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle, West Ham and Sunderland? :thdn:
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.