Director of Football - Mario Husillos appointed

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Director of Football - Mario Husillos appointed

Postby davids cross on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:44 pm

the celestial insect wrote: and that makes a more formidable obstacle for the kind of boardroom 'meddling' we've seen in the past.

In theory, I agree with that...

the celestial insect wrote:It's going to be difficult to undermine them both and retain any credibility at all.

They'll give it a good go though..... :D
davids cross

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Pell and Mario are two heavyweights that Sully will have to contend with if he wants to interfere.

He best let them get on with it , and with a little bit of luck at the start of the journey , and a few good results he will stay hands off

if they have a rocky start then Sully will have to resist dipping his hand back in the cookie jar again, it will be hard for him.

but i am thinking positive and think this duo have a great chance to get things right
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...

Postby Nesticles on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Until proved otherwise, he is nothing more than cannon fodder. There is no reason to trust or believe anything Sullivan says.

When things go wrong, Husillos will be there to take the fall along with Pelligrini. An extra person to mask the failures of Gold, Sullivan and Brady.
Nesticles

Postby GaryP on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

davids cross wrote:Sullivan can't win here really. He appoints a DOF and no-one believes it makes a jot of difference anyway......Image

He can will very easily, just **** off from the club. It is THAT simple.
GaryP

Postby e-20 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Probably the most positive aspect of this appointment is that he can at least take some of the heat off of Pellers in interaction with Sulli. It must be one mind numbing torture having to do your job while explaining every nuance of your de vision making, fighting off his no doubt endless suggestions and interventions and having to defend any set back with Mr football genius on your back. We have seen how both Bilic and Allardyce suffered after their initial period and wanted to escape with the pressure he imposed through his system. If there is to be more investment then that irritating noise is likely to be even greater, what with Sulli grieving over the hit to his wallet especially if there is no immediate sign of considerable progress on the pitch.
e-20

Postby Northern_Light on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Good appointment.

If Pellegrini gets sacked and Husillos also gets sacked at the same time, it's not necessarily a bad thing, and neither is it a reflection on how much responsibility and freedom Husillos is actually getting.

One of the problems of the DoF position is the difference in philosophies between the DoF and the manager. At least in this case, we know they are both on the same page.

And if that means they both will pay for a lack of success later, that's probably a better outcome than the DoF working to undermine the manager or vice versa because of differences in philosophy, as has happened many times in English football.

As to whether Sullivan is relinquishing the reigns, well that one is easily answered in a few short months when we see who is coming into the club and how much commentary Sully is putting out there in the media.

If this really is a turning point for the club, then hopefully people get on board sooner rather than later, because everything eventually feeds into the atmosphere and the confidence around the club. If people hold back on their full support even when they get what they've asked for, and we suffer, then the 'I told you so' is a bit hollow, from my perspective.

The only realistic place to meet in any dispute is in the middle. :scarfer:
Northern_Light

Location: Where the Sun keeps on shining, even past the witching hour!

Postby sicknote on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 pm

so put up and shut up

youve been saying that on here ever since youve been here

every post of yours is full of arrogance and put downs to anyone who dares question the club

if i had my way youd be history on here, but sadly i will have to carry on reading your posts while you put down others
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Northern_Light on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 pm

sicknote wrote:if i had my way youd be history on here, but sadly i will have to carry on reading your posts while you put down others

Is this aimed at me?

What put downs? Saying people are being too negative is a put down? Arguing against that negativity is arrogance?

You are a moderator Sicknote. I'm just a visitor to this forum. Clearly I don't know my place.

There are people here who have far more right to an opinion about this club than I do. I'm sure of that. It's quite possible that I'm wrong in my opinions. I'm genuinely sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I won't post again.
Northern_Light

Postby Skandi Brudson on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am

Nesticles wrote:Until proved otherwise, he is nothing more than cannon fodder. There is no reason to trust or believe anything Sullivan says.

When things go wrong, Husillos will be there to take the fall along with Pelligrini. An extra person to mask the failures of Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

Very difficult to argue against this in fairness. Unfortunately the weight of history is on your side Nesticles. Where’s the evidence that any one of Sullivan, Brady or the other lad have ever properly accepted they were wrong and followed it with meaningful change?
Skandi Brudson

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 am

Nesticles wrote:Until proved otherwise, he is nothing more than cannon fodder. There is no reason to trust or believe anything Sullivan says.

We can only hope that Sullivan has just been binding his time waiting for that magical manager to come along and that he's been saving his billions for that man - he obviously didn't trust Slaven Bilic or David Moyes , not sure how much he trusts Husillos but now we have the best manager we've had for decades [ on CV alone ] he has to back both Pellegrini and his man .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 am

He’s here to deflect heat from GSB. They clearly didn’t enjoy last term’s crowd response, so have added an extra layer of padding. They’ll blame him for transfer failings and personnel problems, Peli for the rest.
DasNutNock

Postby goingunderground on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 am

You only need to see Malaga fans’ responses to his appointment to see why GSB have hired him.

Malaga’s failing players, manager and owner seem to be getting off lightly; Mario is taking the flak for their demise.
goingunderground

Postby Bury Me @ The Boleyn on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:21 am

What amazes me about the Malaga fan response is that they seem all too keen to forget that it was Husillo (with Pellegrini) that lead their tiny club into the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Seems they forgot that happened right after they forgot they were a tiny club.

To drive this point home:

According to Transfermarkt, Malaga's squad was worth 40m this season. 19th (of 20) in La Liga.

Our squad, by comparison, was worth 200m this season. 10th in the Premier League.

As much as we harp on about the lack of investment from GSB, our budget would make Malaga blush.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Postby Ted Fenton on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:23 am

Malaga is my local club.
Their downfall began when their wealthy owner effectively pulled the plug on them. Husillos has been the target of ire for many Malaga fans, but far from all. Most recognise their club's rise and fall is down to a sugar daddy who lost interest.
Husillos has a good track record with Pelle. If the pair can emulate in the PL something like the Clough and Taylor pairing we'll be in for exciting times.
Ted Fenton

Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Postby Burnley Hammer on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 am

I can also see that all but one of the players they brought in was free. He had nothing to work with. Rock bottom and no money. Would have taken a miracle for him to save them
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby Romford_Iron on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 am

sicknote wrote:so put up and shut up

youve been saying that on here ever since youve been here

every post of yours is full of arrogance and put downs to anyone who dares question the club

if i had my way youd be history on here, but sadly i will have to carry on reading your posts while you put down others

Wow. Don’t share your options on public forums people, if the moderators don’t agree; they’ll ban ya.
Romford_Iron

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:26 am

Mario Husillos first words having signed a 3 year deal at West Ham United .

[ Cue some great jokes ] :)

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... p-14778381
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Northern_Light wrote: I'm genuinely sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I won't post again.

It'd be unusual if you (or anyone) failed to offend someone - KUMB is a broad church, after all.

Carry on regardless, NL. :thup:

Romford_Iron wrote:Wow. Don’t share your options on public forums people, if the moderators don’t agree; they’ll ban ya.

Either you're deliberately ****-stirring or completely failing to recognise that our team are people too and have their own opinions. As is stated at the end of every article that appears on this website:

Please note that the opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, nor should be attributed to, KUMB.com.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby GreenStHammer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:30 pm

He's deliberately **** stirring, boss.
GreenStHammer

Postby Northern_Light on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Up the Junction wrote:It'd be unusual if you (or anyone) failed to offend someone - KUMB is a broad church, after all.

Carry on regardless, NL.

Point taken. :thup:
Northern_Light

Previous

Return to General Discussion