Your New Manager and Why?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Your New Manager and Why?

Postby hammernsickle on Thu May 17, 2018 4:23 pm

badabing wrote:In light of Golds recent £20million budget quote, I just can't see any way a Benitez or Emery will come.

It would be like asking Bill Gates to run your company, and then supplying him with a load of old Commodore 64s to work with.

To be fair both Benitez and Bill Gates have already succeeded in the situations that you've mentioned, but I get your point.

Like I've said before, it all depends on whether or not we offer Benitez control over transfers. If Dave is willing to give that up then he has a good chance of getting his man. And by all accounts we were willing to give him that control the last time he agreed to come here. Have to wait and see.
hammernsickle

Postby artlin on Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 pm

When a reporter writes stuff like that, it is said with such assurity that it is almost believable.

Rafa is top of the list !! How would they know that??

He would be prepared to move south!! But he's family live in Liverpool?

Just speculation and made up nonsense.

Oh, and he is still under contract at Newcastle.
artlin

Postby TheRealHammer on Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

I've put a tenner on a 12/1 for Ranieri.

It's like printing money.

Cheap, "Premier League Winning Manager" and a Yes Man.

Will suit Sullivan perfectly.
TheRealHammer

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

badabing wrote:In light of Golds recent £20million budget quote, I just can't see any way a Benitez or Emery will come.

Anyone have a link to that please?
Hammer1972

Postby AAL86 on Thu May 17, 2018 4:46 pm

I think if Ancellotti wants it, he should be given it. Free agent and money could in his pocket rather than paying for compensation fees.

Most likely candidate, Rafa Benitez. £6m compensation fee is absolutely nothing. We paid £9m for Hugill who we've seen play 20 mins and a goal against Dagenham in a friendly. Gold and Sullivan just have to dig deep in their pockets and start investing in a proper elite manager to take us forward.

Wildcard: Ranieri - would do a good job at West Ham. he done well for Chelsea before Roman wanted Mourinho. had spells at Juventus, Monaco, Valencia and most notably the title winning side Leicester City. Managed a poor Greece side before Leicester City and just left Nantes, who he's guided to a 10th finish.... after being in the top 3 for majority of the season/
AAL86

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm

TheRealHammer wrote:I've put a tenner on a 12/1 for Ranieri.

It's like printing money.

Cheap, "Premier League Winning Manager" and a Yes Man.

Will suit Sullivan perfectly.

There will be an ebb and flow to this as always. Mainly ebb imho :) but at this moment in time I think Ranieri is the likeliest outcome. A good fit too. (I don’t mean that in a good way).
DaveWHU1964

Postby HammerPDC on Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

A Hugill for Rafa swap deal would be accepted ... by nobody ever

That poor b*stard is still waiting to walk out with all the bubbles
HammerPDC

Postby mrbluesky on Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Sell Hugill

Buy Rafa.
mrbluesky

Postby WHU_Del on Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

AAL86 wrote:I think if Ancellotti wants it, he should be given it. Free agent and money could in his pocket rather than paying for compensation fees.

Ancelotti said he was interested when Avram went, even though we'd just been relegated. He said it wasn't about the money, but the challenge.
But I bet GSB won't even pick up the phone to him.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby funky chicken on Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 pm

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/may/17-may/joint-chairman-provides-update-manager-search

West Ham United would like to assure supporters that the Board are extremely confident of appointing a high-calibre first-team manager, who has a proven record both in the Premier League and European football.

[i]The Club expect to make an announcement within the next seven days, following a thorough and strategic process that has identified the best possible candidates.

Joint Chairman David Sullivan said: “I would like to reassure our supporters that we have left no stone unturned in selecting the individual we believe is the right man to take West Ham United forward.

“We have followed a process that is progressing entirely to plan and are now very close to reaching an agreement.

“This is an exciting time for our football club. We are preparing to appoint a manager who has a proven record of success at the highest level of the game.”
[/i]

Benitez, Pelligrini, Ranieri?
funky chicken

Postby Simply Moore on Thu May 17, 2018 4:56 pm

HammerPDC wrote:A Hugill for Rafa swap deal would be accepted ... by nobody ever

I don’t know. I’m sure Rafa would get more game time than Carroll
Simply Moore

Postby smuts on Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Fonseca apparently confirmed as extending his Shahktar contract.....I hope it's not him Dave's talking about :o
smuts

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu May 17, 2018 5:00 pm

It's bound to be Ranieri with these ****ing clowns in charge.
somerset-hammer

Postby TheRealHammer on Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 pm

somerset-hammer wrote:It's bound to be Ranieri with these ****ing clowns in charge.

Exactly.

They are saying a "thorough process". The **** only became available today.
TheRealHammer

Postby WHU_Del on Thu May 17, 2018 5:04 pm

funky chicken wrote:West Ham United would like to assure supporters that the Board are extremely confident of appointing a high-calibre first-team manager, who has a proven record both in the Premier League and European football.

Benitez, Pelligrini, Ranieri?

So that knocks Nagelsmann, Emery, Fonseca and Bielsa out of the running.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Patito on Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 pm

They could well be bluffing, however, if that statement is true and they are close to an agreement...must be Benitez surely?
Patito

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu May 17, 2018 5:10 pm

funky chicken wrote:who has a proven record both in the Premier League and European football.

Whyyyy would you ****ing say this?! Instantly rules out names we're linked with and leaves us with a tiny list of names.

I ****ing hate David Sullivan.

It's basically Benitez or Pellegrini then.
HammerMan2004

Postby Burnley Hammer on Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm

They were (allegedly) seeing Emery today
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu May 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:They were (allegedly) seeing Emery today

Doesn't matter any more. Sullivan says our new manager will have Premier League experience.
HammerMan2004

Postby Simply Moore on Thu May 17, 2018 5:13 pm

To be fair, that sounds like a very confident statement that they have their man. Yes the obvious would be Ranieri due to the financial implications but I actually have a feeling it will be Rafa!

Would be delighted with that and fair play to the board if they pull that off. It is a big IF mind.
Simply Moore

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion