Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Postby Mr_Skid on Thu May 17, 2018 9:31 am

Was listening to the radio today and after an ITK spoke about some mangers we are interested in specifically Benitez it seems SSN and Talksport are now all over it and were suggesting Benitez should join other clubs instead of us which then gains momentum.

It got me thinking are these people actually helpful in these situations, other clubs are often alerted to our targets via these "leaks" and it weakens our position when doing deals.

We all like the inside info and get excited about possible transfers but should things be done more behind closed doors like alot of other clubs seem to.
Mr_Skid

Re: Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Postby Chicken Run Supreme on Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am

Once upon a time, the first you knew about any new signing was when you read about in the paper. I kinda preferred that to the frenzy that accompanies every rumour these days .
Chicken Run Supreme

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 am

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Once upon a time, the first you knew about any new signing was when you read about in the paper. I kinda preferred that to the frenzy that accompanies every rumour these days .

Those were the days, I find the overload of information, hugely frustrating now.

In the past I'd be glued to twitter during the transfer window, but I'm just going to stick to :kumb: from now on, too many attention seekers, desperate to be the first to name a name and be right.

ExWhuBogCleaner is the worst, of the lot.

"As I mentioned first 25 years ago West Ham might, definintly, could, should sign a player with at least one foot, but as with many deals, things can go wrong so it might not happen, but it might, and remember that I said it first ME, MEEEE MEE!!!"
somerset-hammer

Postby BARKING IRON on Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 am

Thats all its about now days a cock measuring excercise
BARKING IRON

Postby SullySpecial on Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am

Hindrance. Absolutely hate them.
SullySpecial

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am

SullySpecial wrote:Hindrance. Absolutely hate them.

Not as much as I hate to see grown men fawning over them....
Hammer1972

Postby sicknote on Thu May 17, 2018 9:57 am

]may we remind everyone, we have ITK's on here and we will always protect them as they are only passing on what they hear or are told, we confirm their validity and will always allow them time on here

Any Baiting, mocking , attacks and attempts to try and belittle or discredit these posters will result in your accounts being suspended, sadly we always get idiots chancing their luck at fishing and trying to force the people offering inside information

thank you.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Mr_Skid on Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 am

That was not my intention, i was merely saying there is a culture now of leaks within the club and it doesn't happen at alot of other places.
Mr_Skid

Postby somerset-hammer on Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

There's a huge difference between those who share information on here in good faith, and those on twitter who have a different agenda entirely.
somerset-hammer

Postby Johnny_C WHU on Thu May 17, 2018 10:06 am

I personally enjoy the updates from Thors, Jinxed, Pezza etc. as I have their insight helpful and to the benefit of passing news to fellow fans. It isn't always 100% but lets face it things change.

The people I don't have time for are the likes of EX, C&H etc. because they are all about themselves, with their "told you so" attitudes.
They might have to defend themselves against the Brady branded "Keyboard warriors" but let the info speak for itself instead of "I told you this 2 days ago".
Johnny_C WHU

Postby Ben on Thu May 17, 2018 10:12 am

I would be amazed if there was any prem club that didn't have genuine ITK info being leaked on forums or wherever.
ours is on another level though
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby PrawnSandwich on Thu May 17, 2018 10:18 am

I find them neither.
They are interesting but should be taken with a pinch of salt as the deal they have heard about can still collapse.
I very much appreciate the read, but people take their info too seriously, castigate them when it doesn't materialise and when people use it as a cock measuring exercise it gets tedious and destroys the good faith the original info is given.
PrawnSandwich

Postby James P on Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Once upon a time, the first you knew about any new signing was when you read about in the paper. I kinda preferred that to the frenzy that accompanies every rumour these days .

I still have a rule with my mates that I don’t want to hear about a signing “until he’s held up the scarf”. I have absolutely no interest in transfer rumours or gossip or any of it. The guy has either signed for us or he hasn’t.
James P

Postby westlondonhammer on Thu May 17, 2018 10:24 am

A necessary evil of the modern game

The reality though is all they do is alert the press and fans to what is going on. The real stuff behind the scenes is driven by agents. We only hear a small amount of it that the agents and clubs want leaked.

We are mere puppets.
westlondonhammer

Postby HammerMan2004 on Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 am

The part I find the funniest / saddest, is when people quote a BBC article, or any other "reputable" media site, send it to people like ExWHU and say "is this true? I won't believe it until you say it".

I mean, these are grown men.
HammerMan2004

Postby OFT on Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 am

Phil Parkes..World record fee for a goalkeeper springs to mind
OFT

Postby Barnet Steve on Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 am

I enjoy transfer tittle-tattle as much as most, but find their need for celebrity and self-justification really irritating. EXWhu does nothing but tweet fawning praise from suck-up merchants showing other sites using his info, and also has that whole 'yeah, I knew that but didn't think it was worth passing on' thing off pat when he misses out on a story.

It's clear that the board find them useful, though, as the likes of Ex and Southon are obvious routes of board-friendly info.

Personally, I would rather they went away. A lot of their stuff magnifies the inadequacies of our board and should be best left unsaid, as it merely stokes the fires of unrest. We know Sullivan and Gold are incompetent, so any clumsy communiques through their favoured people just makes them look worse.

I remember finding out we had signed Trevor Sinclair - a player I thought was the mutts' nuts - in a small article on the back of The Sun and it made my day (with Breacker and Dowie going the other way to QPR?). Because I knew nothing of the deal, it made it somehow more special. Ditto when Tevez and Mascherano rocked up!
Barnet Steve

Postby steps on Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 am

Just don’t pay them any attention and they won’t bother you.

That’s my mantra anyway.
steps

Postby GaryP on Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 am

Johnny_C WHU wrote:I personally enjoy the updates from Thors, Jinxed, Pezza etc. as I have their insight helpful and to the benefit of passing news to fellow fans. It isn't always 100% but lets face it things change.

The people I don't have time for are the likes of EX, C&H etc. because they are all about themselves, with their "told you so" attitudes.
They might have to defend themselves against the Brady branded "Keyboard warriors" but let the info speak for itself instead of "I told you this 2 days ago".

This entirely. Good post from OP too.
GaryP

Postby last.caress on Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am

Ultimately: Hindrance.

I mean I've got a lot of time for the likes of Jinxed and Pezza who give up what they've got with zero fanfare or grandstanding, and with a clear line between what they're passing on as ITK info and what they're contributing simply by way of personal opinion like the rest of us. But genuine ITKs are incredibly rare, and the heartfelt plaudits and gratitude they (rightly) receive for information passed on is coveted by a particularly odd, desperately needy type of person who will do/say any old bumshit to receive similar validation. These people set themselves up as false prophets; 'ITK's who actually 'K' absolutely 'FA'. And there are way, WAY too many of those. It's a shame but, if it meant the end of all of the bull**** artists, I'd reluctantly-but-definitely wave goodbye to all of the genuine guys who meant to do nothing more than pass good info in good faith (of course, if some celestial higher power could descend from the heavens and blink every bullshitter on social media out of existence just like that there'd be no bugger left on the entire internet).

I should say though that I think KUMB has always done a pretty ****ing sterling job of weeding out the fake 'ITK' ****ers and ITK-baiters. I bet it's ceaseless.
last.caress
Extreme w*nker

Location: Se incontri L'ultima.carezza, prega per la tua morte.

Next

Return to General Discussion