Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Postby mushy on Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 pm

alank2006 wrote:For the club... 100% hindrance.

For us fans... 8-)

The club clearly encourage it in certain quarters, so I would assume they dont want to hinder themselves (although anything is clearly possible with this lot).
Interesting to hear EX say that the 'internal leaks' referred to by Moyes, were NOTHING to do with him and were 'other people on Twitter'.
Its one of the least convincing defences I have ever heard.
I dont blame him to be honest, its the fawning sycophants that follow him that are the main annoyance.
Some of them cannot pick a new pair of shoes without referring to him him first.
They are a truly pathetic bunch.
He doesnt help himself though by retweeting every single bit of praise that goes his way.
The indications are that he is miles up his own fat backside.
mushy

Postby dubaihammer on Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

I think total silence is the perfect situation where no third parties (other teams) / press are aware

the likes of jinxed etc are fine as really its only kumb viewers who see it and its pretty much just gossip although we are aware that it carries some weight. no harm done.

Exwhu employee seems to have a steady flow of info whether its match line ups or transfer business. whether hes right or wrong the press are now taking his word as gospel. The benitez stories are totally down to him. If that proves a hindrance to completing such a deal, ie alerting Newcastle and giving them time to respond, then hes a ****er as well as a an attention seeking idiot.
dubaihammer

Postby Boo Boo on Thu May 17, 2018 12:56 pm

A hindrance for the club, a conduit for the board, a necessity for the impatient and an ego trip for the pigeon.
Boo Boo

Postby shortofbrillant on Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

This title is misleading. I think the issue you are trying to bring up is if leaks are hurting the club. You cannot blame ITK's for obtaining information from people who are willing to talk about sensitive information. Obviously some ITK's are more unsavoury then others, but that matches up with the people you meet in life. Some people are just knobs.
shortofbrillant

Postby ToiletDuck on Thu May 17, 2018 1:35 pm

I kinda enjoy it
ToiletDuck

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 pm

dubaihammer wrote:.................................

the likes of jinxed etc are fine as really its only kumb viewers who see it

That's most certainly not the case, during transfer windows the press crawl through all the fan forums looking for information.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Dieter Eckstein on Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 pm

They're certainly cheaper than Clubcall was.

"Thank.......you.........for........calling.........West....Ham.....United .......Club.....Call..........the..........Club........Call.........for........West.....Ham......United...........Football.........Club........ for........all........your.........West.........Ham.....United......news"

I once spent about £3 of my parents' phone bill in order to find out that the defender we were 'Set to Sign' was Simon Webster. Kids today don't know they're born with their ITKs and their F5 key.
Dieter Eckstein

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu May 17, 2018 2:20 pm

The so-called ITK seem to get more wrong than right, so I treat them the same as I would The Sun. I'm not having a pop at any individual, thats just how it appears to me. :thup:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby sendô on Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:The so-called ITK seem to get more wrong than right, so I treat them the same as I would The Sun. I'm not having a pop at any individual, thats just how it appears to me. :thup:

Many of them are like the Sun Sport, link club x with as many players as possible, so that in the event one actually signs you can then claim to have exclusively predicted it y weeks ago.
sendô

Postby bonzosbeard on Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm

F5 key??? What does that do? :(
bonzosbeard

Postby wizzo_66 on Thu May 17, 2018 3:03 pm

It's the club's cancer imo.

Other clubs I am sure get tit bits on forums etc but ours is another level.

Currentwhuemployee leaking team sheets, transfer targets and now manager negotiations.

Claret and Poo pumping out constant little pieces of information which directs traffic to their website, and once you get there it's a propaganda machine for a 'Pro Board' stance.

The sooner those two in particular are shut down, the better. Part of the circus.
wizzo_66

Postby mushy on Thu May 17, 2018 4:38 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:F5 key??? What does that do? :(

Automatically uploads a photo of yourself to some mob called Cambridge Analytica.
mushy

Postby The Sherriff on Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

It isn’t right though it should be judged on context.

Some of those mentioned on forums seem to have accuracy without any destabilisation effect or intent. Fleetingly they pop up with snippets of info as opposed to daily or weekly insights being given by the chosen few.

Those on social media treat it as a vanity project …. “Look at me I have team news” …… who ****ing cares. Unfortunately it’s the world we live in now, I laugh at the state of that ex bloke and his wand of a mate. They may well profess to be west ham fans but ultimately what they do is detrimental to the club on so many fronts.

Being the first to release team news or starting line ups is counterproductive, smacks of being unprofessional and is the exact opposite of what a team should be. Leaking confidential information, targets or updates is wholly wrong. What good will come of it? It’s a toxic, poisonous, biased agenda filled exercise that is indicative of the regime. It doesn’t help or benefit anyone – who needs enemies when you have forces like that working against you from within?

Moyes took a parting shot at the leaks, it’s not an isolated incident and has been on the increase for some considerable time. What chance does any manager have when there is a manipulated agenda, coordinated by the company’s owners.

So no, they don’t help and its not acceptable. Anyone believing the likes of C&H or that Sean bloke need to take a look at themselves. You’re also part of the problem
The Sherriff

Postby Nesticles on Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm

You can stick Sullivan’s social media puppets like Ex and Jim White in the same category as himself, his sons, Brady and Gold

The sooner they all **** off the better
Nesticles

Postby Colours never run on Fri May 18, 2018 12:21 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:It still amazes me that people treat ITKs posts like gospel

Of course they are posting in good faith, but they get things wrong as often as they get things right IMHO

Easier just to treat it all with a pinch of salt and wait and see what happens

Always been my take on it also. Respect the info given in good faith but not always spot on for whatever reason. I don't like info given either that's past off as it rather than just a hunch. It rarely happens on here though and most of the info is decent.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby RichieRiv on Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 am

There was a time when ITK snippets were received in good faith on KUMB.

These days there are to many doubting Thomas' all too ready to coat you off simply because in their opinion "it couldn't possibly be true".

If I want to be coated off, I'd talk to the wife.
RichieRiv

Postby screech on Fri May 18, 2018 6:24 am

bonzosbeard wrote:F5 key??? What does that do? :(

I don't know what it does either but it's quite refreshing when you do press it
screech

Postby szola on Fri May 18, 2018 6:59 am

Mr_Skid wrote:It got me thinking are these people actually helpful in these situations, other clubs are often alerted to our targets via these "leaks" and it weakens our position when doing deals.

We all like the inside info and get excited about possible transfers but should things be done more behind closed doors like alot of other clubs seem to.

Mr.Skid, have you seen how helpful our owners and the third one has been the last few years?

Can any poster on a football forum surpass that? Or even come close?
szola

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Fri May 18, 2018 7:36 am

I’m not sure they are entirely helpful. What really annoys me is when their ego’s overtake the greater good. Like early exposure of team news. That’s more about them than the team.
Hugh Jargon II

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 am

The trouble is there are so many people claiming to be in the know and posting stuff as 100% when in truth it is a possibility. I knew someone in the club when Pardew was manager who used to tell me about players we had inquired about. Less than 10 % came in, which is probably typical.
Hampshire Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion