Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Are ITK's a help or a hindrance

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am

It still amazes me that people treat ITKs posts like gospel

Of course they are posting in good faith, but they get things wrong as often as they get things right IMHO

Easier just to treat it all with a pinch of salt and wait and see what happens
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Georgee Paris on Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am

Turn on tv. Red button. 301 sport. 302 football. 320 West Ham... there was also a rumours page.. forgotten now
Georgee Paris

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am

Fine on here, though a hindrance in general.

The few we have on here don't post info for retweets and likes. The info you get on here is a little bit more detailed. The first I had heard about Arnautovic was on here...and Jinxed was adamant about Bilic when all the Bielsa and Emery links were still doing the rounds.

Easy to come on here and appreciate the info and ignore the random Twitter stuff.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Postby Barnet Steve on Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 am

Actually, don't want to lump Jinxed in with the OTT ones I cited. He's very open and reasonable, and nothing like Ex or Southon...
Barnet Steve

Postby The Gibbins on Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am

It's a hindrance and the exact point Moyes was getting at with leaks. Most clubs have info leaked from time to time but West Ham really are a special case, our daily dealings in near enough every department of the club are out there...no professionalism whatsoever. It might be a small thing but Ex Whu Employee knowing the team sheet before it is out added to every transfer target shows that we are well behind other clubs and a complete shambles.

We are at a point where Sky are now able to go on twitter and write up articles on whatever he says...further inflating the blokes ego.

Information is nice, i always look out for rumours but i think there is too much that comes out of West Ham.
Last edited by The Gibbins on Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby Carlton'sGoal on Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 am

As people have stated ITKs on KUMB I like, the odd insight here and there, and in good faith.

All the twitter ITKs annoy me, self glorifying and all for self gain, I'm sure they're all 13 year old's anyway.

My favourite ITKs are the random "my sisters, husbands, brothers, friend saw X walking through Nandos thurrock the other day, so they must be on the verge of signing"
Carlton'sGoal

Postby EugeneSpeed on Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 am

Hinderance. Problem with lots of areas of life though - subculture obsessed with leaking stuff early and the kudos associated in that sphere. Games, music, news...
EugeneSpeed

Postby Puff Daddy on Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 am

I always take them with a huge pinch of salt , because invariably they get it all horribly wrong? In fact, I think I am right in saying, on only one occasion have they ever got it right
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Row X on Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 am

Carlton'sGoal wrote:As people have stated ITKs on KUMB I like, the odd insight here and there, and in good faith.

All the twitter ITKs annoy me, self glorifying and all for self gain, I'm sure they're all 13 year old's anyway.

My favourite ITKs are the random "my sisters, husbands, brothers, friend saw X walking through Nandos thurrock the other day, so they must be on the verge of signing"

Josh's missus was the true ITK :scarfer:
Row X

Postby sicknote on Thu May 17, 2018 11:20 am

Mr_Skid wrote:That was not my intention, i was merely saying there is a culture now of leaks within the club and it doesn't happen at alot of other places.

i know but some will try their luck!!!
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby claretandblue82 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 am

Jinxed :thup:
claretandblue82

Postby sendô on Thu May 17, 2018 11:23 am

Elsie has pretty much summed it up, although he's used far too many words as usual.

Georgee Paris wrote:Turn on tv. Red button. 301 sport. 302 football. 320 West Ham... there was also a rumours page.. forgotten now

I also seem to remember there being a premium rate phone number to phone up and get insider gossip on who West Ham might be about to buy - this was way back in the 90's. I always wondered if anyone was stupid enough to phone that number back then. I guess there must have been someone or the number wouldn't have existed. These days those same people follow Ex on twitter.
sendô

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

sendô wrote:I also seem to remember there being a premium rate phone number to phone up and get insider gossip on who West Ham might be about to buy - this was way back in the 90's. I always wondered if anyone was stupid enough to phone that number back then.....

Yep me. :oops: Just the once though in my defence - when us and Arsenal were trying to sign Macca off Celtic on deadline day - same day we travelled up for a replay at Norwich iirc. **** all info on that call. Didn’t make the same mistake again.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu May 17, 2018 11:31 am

Georgee Paris wrote:Turn on tv. Red button. 301 sport. 302 football. 320 West Ham... there was also a rumours page.. forgotten now

The 'Round up' on page 312 was a cracking Ceefax page
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby alank2006 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 am

For the club... 100% hindrance.

For us fans... 8-)
alank2006

Postby jevs on Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 am

Always enjoy reading what they've got to say but never believe a word of it until they're holding the shirt on the official site.

Far too many people on here wet their knickers when the slightest bit of info is written.
jevs

Postby Hemel Iron on Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 pm

jevs wrote:Always enjoy reading what they've got to say but never believe a word of it until they're holding the shirt on the official site.

Far too many people on here wet their knickers when the slightest bit of info is written.

Yes, I was going to say a hindrance but on reflection I think it's the knicker wetting that bothers me.

Some on here that take every ITK, Sky, newspaper rumour as gospel and then make comments that 34 players have rejected us, when the reality is we probably haven't made a serious approach for the majority, if any.
Hemel Iron

Postby Faithless on Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 pm

ITK's are fine, never had any issue with anything posted on :kumb:, it's the club stooges/plants that are a problem. Briefing against current Players and Staff is damaging to the club as is listing targets by their priority.
Seriously who benefits from knowing Manager or Player X was 4th or 5th choice? The Club looks incompetent and whoever comes in is immediately on the back foot.
Faithless

Location: On a bubble approaching the sky.....Born 7 days too late...38 years n counting

Postby iLoveLasagne on Thu May 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Barnet Steve wrote:I enjoy transfer tittle-tattle as much as most, but find their need for celebrity and self-justification really irritating. EXWhu does nothing but tweet fawning praise from suck-up merchants showing other sites using his info, and also has that whole 'yeah, I knew that but didn't think it was worth passing on' thing off pat when he misses out on a story.

It's clear that the board find them useful, though, as the likes of Ex and Southon are obvious routes of board-friendly info.

Personally, I would rather they went away. A lot of their stuff magnifies the inadequacies of our board and should be best left unsaid, as it merely stokes the fires of unrest. We know Sullivan and Gold are incompetent, so any clumsy communiques through their favoured people just makes them look worse.

I remember finding out we had signed Trevor Sinclair - a player I thought was the mutts' nuts - in a small article on the back of The Sun and it made my day (with Breacker and Dowie going the other way to QPR?). Because I knew nothing of the deal, it made it somehow more special. Ditto when Tevez and Mascherano rocked up!

Keith Rowland not Tim Breaker. Never see those types of deals now! Getting rid of a job lot for a shiny new player. Awesome!
iLoveLasagne

Postby iLoveLasagne on Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 pm

I used to call Clubcall too. They had what you would now call 'clickbait' lines to draw you in such as...Spanish international strike sensation linked....Triple swoop imminent?? Superstar linked to rivals.

Probably spent the first minute listening to Bubbles. It was expensive but my mum didn't really say anything and she let me call but I probably saw that it was a waste of money and called no more than twice.
iLoveLasagne

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion