Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by stu1 »

e17 wrote: He’s gonna do well here. Now for THE big home win please
Considering our next 3 home games are Chelsea, Man U and Tottenham we are going to need 1!
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Get 4 points from that lot and that’ll be perfect
Awooga_Iron
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Awooga_Iron »

Ironing Board wrote:Hopefully he will stick to this team now. Got it spot on today.
Rice and Obiang were very good. Diop and Balbuena very good. That's the spine there and should continue. The front 3 are looking better but all of them need to realise they need to work their b*llocks off all the time. Liverpool's 433 is what they should aspire to. For me, left back and the other centre mid role are up for grabs. But looks like players are understanding their roles and fitness is returning for some.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

to Pellers..seems like we played really well, loads of standout performances if I read the match thread correctly....

good selections....Yarmolenko's second was excellent..bit like the one someone posted against Spuds in the CL...

He has a great first touch....not sure how much he did defensively, I did see one cameo where he tracked back to the corner flag........still, if he's putting the ball into the net once or twice a game, I only need him to defend when absolutely necessary.....

Hope Arnie's injury isn't too bad..think it was the same one he looked like he hurt last time out, but played twice for Austria in the interim..
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Well done Manuel. We’ve been waiting ages for that and were worried it was beginning to look a bit silly. Could have taken a bit more off the top though imo.

Well done on your first win too by the way. Sure the haircut helped. :wink:
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 829 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Fantastic game today and credit needs to be given to Pellegrini for pulling that one out of the bag against a good side and away from home. I certainly didn't see that coming. :scarfer:

I hope that marks the turning of a corner.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Exchanged a hearty handshake with the captain, in the aftermath of the match and just simply out-thought his opponent.

I'm not that impressed with Silva, even if he's won all other matches he's had against us.

Still, this is the gaffer's birthday and he fully deserves a nod of praise today.

Hope we can keep it up.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Thank you Pellers for putting a smile back on my face.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Delighted hat he is sticking to his principles and philosophy that have served him so well throughout his career and isn’t folding to the 3/5 at the back,defend deep merchants. We need 2 to 3 years of one manager building a way of playing with a squad to match.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

carnage wrote:Delighted hat he is sticking to his principles and philosophy that have served him so well throughout his career and isn’t folding to the 3/5 at the back,defend deep merchants. We need 2 to 3 years of one manager building a way of playing with a squad to match.
This.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Definitely agree he should be sticking to his principles as well as also trying to change the culture and mentality of the entire Club. It really won't be done overnight and for me was always going to be a tough old start even if the fixtures were kinder to us. Yesterday showed promising signs of what can be achieved as a Team and there definitely something really positive to build on slowly but surely.

I'm glad he's ditched the 4231 formation too to focus on a 3 man midfield once more which is crucial to the way this squad plays. It's the foundation to which we do our best work and gaining a proper foothold in games winning that midfield battle more where games are decided. The only one that really concerns me in the middle is Sanchez. At this level I really do think he's awful. Everytime I see him play I'm reminded why Villa got ripped apart and relegated with ease. f*** knows where he got the nickname the Rock from, maybe a reference to what's inside his head at times. Far too casual and accident prone for my liking.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

SANCHEZ WAS POOR YESTERDAY WHEN HE CAME ON BUT WAS OK UNTIL THE ERROR AGAINST WOLVES.

rice obiang and noble are starters for the Chelsea match now. sanchez and wilsher are the subs in these positions. we do still need to buy a top energetic young DMa to replace noble . sanchez is not the answer and was a desperation buy.

Chelsea man utd brighton spurs are a difficult set of mtches but we have some confidence building and if we put the effort in we will get something from this lot of fixtures. be great to go unbeaten on a long run now.

these games will show us how far away or near to a good team we are.

COYI
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Still a work in progress but the excellent performance yesterday showed he is making progress.

Okay, Marko is our best player and he inherited him but the signings of Yarmolenko and (particularly) Fabianski are looking very astute.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Thank you Mr. Pellegrini, for that game! :thup:

Much improvement to the Wolves game
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

in his interview when questioned about harder games yesterday against Chelsea and man utd MP said no todays game the hardest. I like his one game at a time mentality.

I think we might surprise a few against these two inform teams

4 points would be lovely Chelsea draw and united win ?
essexguy

Post by essexguy »

Boo Boo wrote: Are you smoking it in the traditional manner or through a bong?
I get the pleasure of telling this person to shut up after the above comment after I predicted 3 points at Everton. :tune:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

hammerman11 wrote:in his interview when questioned about harder games yesterday against Chelsea and man utd MP said no todays game the hardest. I like his one game at a time mentality.

I think we might surprise a few against these two inform teams

4 points would be lovely Chelsea draw and united win ?
He'll ****ing win them both.

He's like the Chilean Johnny Lyall we've been craving to sort out the constant rollercoaster of a Club we've long seemed to be. Just gives off an air of reassurance and calmness that I think would be infectious. And it's a big part of the reason why I believe he'll get it right in the end and isn't panicking whilst so many around him have been. I'll never forget an old boy and his son walking back towards the station vs wolves who both seemed close to suicide and when I said to them in passing nah we'll be alright he'll suss it out in the end, they thought I was a mentalist for thinking it at the time. I could still be very wrong however and it does turn out to be "Avram Grant MKII" as one of them put it but it did make me smirk thinking about them once we did over Everton convincingly. Long old season still to go..
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

he has done the business everywhere...won things at man city, real madrid, and did the business at an unfancied malaga side

just needs a bit of time...be patient and he will deliver...could go on to become the greatest manager we have ever had...
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

frankiemac wrote:he has done the business everywhere...won things at man city, real madrid, and did the business at an unfancied malaga side

just needs a bit of time...be patient and he will deliver...could go on to become the greatest manager we have ever had...

Sorry to be that guy but he didn’t win anything at Real, he did break their record points tally but still missed out to Barcelona.

Real claimed they’d have kept him but hiring Mourinho was too big a chance to pass up.
Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Boo Boo »

essexguy wrote: I get the pleasure of telling this person to shut up after the above comment after I predicted 3 points at Everton. :tune:
Well done you, enjoy your trumpet