Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Ozza »

Behave what a ridiculous post
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Ozza wrote:Behave what a ridiculous post
Thanks mate
:lol:
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Silly ****er
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Marky wrote:
Hmmm who decided to sign Anderson? 42m.
Who decided to sign Perez?
Who decided to use wages on Carlos Sanchez ? Poor even before injury.
Who pushed for Wilshire to get 3 years

I would not have hired him and even now would fire him. Next 2 games Burnley and Huddersfield. We could lose them
So, on one thread you are saying people who support one of our under-performing players are not proper fans of the club, but on this loop you want to sack our manager after 10 games

Interesting logic
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 854 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I'm not hailing him as some kind of perfect appointment. Some of the signings do look a bit slow to develop (and the Wilshere thing reflects poorly on everyone involved with it).

But it's on his watch that Fabianski, Diop and Balbuena were recruited.

Those signings are solid.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

He definitely needs a good result against Burnley otherwise the neysayers and boo boys will be out in force... fo sho
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Yes I just want the dross out if this club starting with Antonio and Chicahrito. I don’t rate the manager either I honestly have no confidence in him whatsoever
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Think I’ll give this place a swerve if we don’t batter them... I’ve supported every bloke that’s managed this club to the empth degree, but this bloke is the most West Ham I’ve seen for decades

Style of football, promoting the kids it’s great, Weirdly it’s not all about the result if you’re West Ham...’m getting old
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Ozza wrote:Think I’ll give this place a swerve if we don’t batter them... I’ve supported every bloke that’s managed this club to the empth degree, but this bloke is the most West Ham I’ve seen for decades

Style of football, promoting the kids it’s great, I’m getting old

Won 2 league games and spent £100m and I repeat spent 42% of that on Anderson.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I would say there are a vast amount of supporters out with the jury on MP and how he's doing as head coach/Manager.

His future will be looking bleak if he doesn't start picking up points from the likes of Burnley.
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Good manager, but suited to a club with far better players than he has at his disposal here, likely to continue to receive praise from the fans for his style of play, but it's a results game and his win ratio thus far is shocking.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:I would say there are a vast amount of supporters out with the jury on MP and how he's doing as head coach/Manager.

His future will be looking bleak if he doesn't start picking up points from the likes of Burnley.
That’s what I think. I like him. But the knifes will be out if we don’t start winning games like Burnley... that’s why I think we’ll lose... he’ll get the vote of confidence and we will win a few... then lose again etc etc
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The only judgement issue with Pellegrini imo relates to Anderson - and it's not whether he's a decent player or not, it's how far we went to get him. The worry is that the crowd will chew him up before he gets the chance to work with Lanzini, Carroll, Arnie etc as a group rather than just the odd one.

The money spent on the defence looks great value.

Sanchez and Wilshere are just cheap fixes - whose cost is more than covered by the improvements in Rice and Snodgrass.

I think Perez looks better value than Hernandez and Yarmlenko has been a pleasure to watch. Diangana has come on in leaps and bounds, which suggests Xande Silva could really make an impact as he was outshining Diangana pre-injury.

We've had bad fixtures and bad injuries. It's time to be patient. We usually look able to defend, and able to pass. We seem to have a method. We rarely embarrass ourselves these days.

it actually feels like we're working on something for a change rather than just fire-fighting .
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

I like Mp. But please Manuel don’t ever play Arthur at left back again.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Marky wrote:
Hmmm who decided to sign Anderson? 42m.
Who decided to sign Perez?
Who decided to use wages on Carlos Sanchez ? Poor even before injury.
Who pushed for Wilshire to get 3 years

I would not have hired him and even now would fire him. Next 2 games Burnley and Huddersfield. We could lose them
1- Anderson has had a couple of poor games, but he’s also had some very good ones. Let’s not throw him in the awful signings category yet.

2-Perez was cheap, wasn’t able to break into the side straight away and has had an injury. Of the all the times to dig out Perez, you do it on a night he scores.

3-Wages on Sánchez? Any other decent DM alternatives for the squad for free? Who would you have signed? He’s a starter for a decent International side, and had also had a couple of decent performances.

4-Wilshere has signed for 3 years and only missed a few weeks due to an old injury not being dealt with properly. Unless you can guarantee he will be injured forever, WTF is this about.

5-Fire Pellegrini? ****ing ridiculous comment. Only takes a couple of losses for the daggers to come out from some people. The strange thing is, you’ve dug out players who haven’t even been playing and not even mentioned the performances of Ogbonna and Antonio.

Pellegrini has improved us in so many ways with half a squad. We aren’t even in the bottom 6. If you can’t see that, just give up.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 575 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Still early days and all that but it’s worrying that we can’t score enough goals. I just think West Ham are cursed to be honest.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

MP will be fine. We’ve had some unlucky results.

My worry is how much are the board going to chuck at the team.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 810 likes
Total likes: 3030 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

bubbles1966 wrote:The money spent on the defence looks great value.
Balbuena the value signing of the summer I reckon.

Good spot by someone.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

TommyHammer wrote:Still early days and all that but it’s worrying that we can’t score enough goals. I just think West Ham are cursed to be honest.
Haha I've always thought that... I think it's more that most teams outside the top darling clubs are pretty much cursed. The rest of us will always be lumped with the odds stacked against us, with refs giving bigger clubs more decisions, having more money for transfers, getting favourable draws in cup competitions etc.

The one thing that's really unique our misfortune over the last ten years though is the injuries. Ridiculous how many seasons of several horrendous injuries to key players we've had to put up with.
tizzwoz

Post by tizzwoz »

Hammer Laffers wrote:MP will be fine. We’ve had some unlucky results.

My worry is how much are the board going to chuck at the team.
Its amazing isn't it? The last few pages on this thread is highlighting the money wasted on Anderson and yet your first thought again is "how much will we spend in January?". When will fans learn that how much you spend is largely irrelevant. Its the players you sign. Kane, Alli, Winks, Rice, Balbuena... all players who signed for little fees or promoted from the youth team. Can I remind you Spurs spent zero over the summer. ZERO. And their B team, their reserves just done over what was largely our 1st team.

MP will be judged on results and signings. So far he scores about 3.5/10 for both. Now we have a good run of fixtures, I hope/prey that his results record will improve and maybe give some of the poor signings some confidence.