Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

nickstanley66

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th new manager

Post by nickstanley66 »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

sicknote wrote:be interesting to see how the club propheganda websites report this under their usual instructions
DevonshireRoad wrote: Claret & Hugh has already issued a rebuke. Essentially saying 'big money / name will upset the apple cart, his wages would put noses out of joint, push up wage bill, spurs have a wage cap, Pastore is passed it, injury prone, another Carrol, FPP...' one of these straws has got to keep us afloat. Classy as ever to boot.
Isn't petit pois on about £140k to sit on the bench? No exactly scraping the bottom of the wage barrel are we? I bet most of our players are all praying for a plethora of mediocre signings so they can "enjoy" another season like the last.

He's gotta a point though.....I mean Chelsea fell apart after Ruud showed up, same at Spurs with Jürgen....In Sully we trust.....
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Sounds like another cluster f*** brewing thanks to the clowns In charge.
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

I think he's going to be perfect for us.

We're probably his last big job, but he seems motivated. Also, as he's old enough to lose his job here and retire, he won't give a flying f*** about calling Sullivan out on his bull****.

This could be very interesting.
DevonshireRoad

Post by DevonshireRoad »

Isn't petit pois on about £140k to sit on the bench? No exactly scraping the bottom of the wage barrel are we? I bet most of our players are all praying for a plethora of mediocre signings so they can "enjoy" another season like the last.

He's gotta a point though.....I mean Chelsea fell apart after Ruud showed up, same at Spurs with Jürgen....In Sully we trust.....[/quote]

Of course the correct response, and on brief with rebuilding the boards reputation, would have been radio silence. Closely followed by some half-decent signings, a 'name' and a couple of canny loans, then Pellegrini saying I'm pleased they listened and backed me. At which point it's over to you Pelle mate. But no Sully has p*ssed on his own shoes again instead.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

I am Lawro wrote:I think he's going to be perfect for us.

We're probably his last big job, but he seems motivated. Also, as he's old enough to lose his job here and retire, he won't give a flying **** about calling Sullivan out on his bull****.

This could be very interesting.
If he pops these twunts who are contiunually screwing up this club they can only sack him, and I assume with full payoff. He won't be desperate for another job in this country and it wouldn't stop him getting one elsewhere. He has absolutely nothing to lose standing up to these frauds.
woodford
Has liked: 419 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

what else has been said that i've missed ??
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

DevonshireRoad wrote: Of course the correct response, and on brief with rebuilding the boards reputation, would have been radio silence. Closely followed by some half-decent signings, a 'name' and a couple of canny loans, then Pellegrini saying I'm pleased they listened and backed me. At which point it's over to you Pelle mate. But no Sully has p*ssed on his own shoes again instead.
If Sully tried radio silence for just a few hours I fear it'd result in smaller more evil Sullys bursting out like gremlins! :twisted:
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

If there is any elliment of truth in the mirror story or what was said on talksport (I’ve not personally heard it, but going by what others have said) then this is not going to end well.
Pellegrini could be gone before the team kick a competitive ball :lol:
If it wasn’t for the fact that this affects the club I support this would be hilarious, and no more than these theiving owners deserve.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

woodford wrote:what else has been said that i've missed ??
Think they're talking about this http://www.claretandhugh.info/big-name- ... use-upset/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slow news day.
DevonshireRoad

Post by DevonshireRoad »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote:If there is any elliment of truth in the mirror story or what was said on talksport (I’ve not personally heard it, but going by what others have said).
what was said on Talksport?
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by woodywoody »

At least he is not a yes man and will fight for what he wants..Some he will win and some not but at least he will call it his team and not the Dave's
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

It's annoying me that most sources - including KUMB - are calling Fredericks "Pellegrini's first signing."
Unless he watched as many Fulham matches as he did West Ham last season, this is Sullivan's 586th signing.
I very much doubt Pellegrini knew who he was, let alone had him on his shopping list.
But he was free, so...
goa127
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

woodford wrote:All this because of one paragraph :

"The challenge with West Ham is spectacular. Now I will force the owners to form a competitive team because they are rich but careful with money. We are trying to get the owner to loosen up to make an important investment and thus bring the players we need. The idea is to sign a great figure. If we manage to get a big figure it is very important for the status of the club because that will help convince other players."

wow

The press have now jumped on the idea that our fans are frustrated with the board's lack of investment. His comment is really just a statement of intent, but is immeadiately presented as a major fallout. It may end up as that but it's just normal stuff at the moment.
woodford
Has liked: 419 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

goa127 wrote:

The press have now jumped on the idea that our fans are frustrated with the board's lack of investment. His comment is really just a statement of intent, but is immeadiately presented as a major fallout. It may end up as that but it's just normal stuff at the moment.

Bang on.

I expect it from places like Talksport or the press but it does seem like quite a few of our fans have over-reacted which is what fuels the need i suppose. Can you imagine if MP actually does level a proper critisism at the board? there'll be a melt down
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

goa127 wrote:The press have now jumped on the idea that our fans are frustrated with the board's lack of investment. His comment is really just a statement of intent, but is immediately presented as a major fallout. It may end up as that but it's just normal stuff at the moment.
I agree it's purely a statement of intent but it's one that was needed. The press follow a narrative in most cases these days. For the past few years it's been how the board have "invested" and signed players for "records" etc. Now the wind has changed and they've started to see the light and the narrative is all about owners that spin facts, undermine their Managers and made promises they can't or won't keep.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1308 likes

Post by davids cross »

goa127 wrote: . His comment is really just a statement of intent, but is immeadiately presented as a major fallout. It may end up as that but it's just normal stuff at the moment.
Was exactly how I read it too...

I dislike Sullivan loads.

I dislike the press too.

And the latter will jump all over any "froth & bubble" just to give us a good kicking. I read the article (what Pellers said ) sometime yesterday. And thought straight away that it will get picked up and used in a negative way.

I saw it as an intent type thing that he said. Probably open to translation however you want to use it. The agenda was set early by the press (re Pellers) because they want to cause havoc.

In the old days they (the press) would simply have been called "sh"t stirers".... :)
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Pellegrini could be gone before the team kick a competitive ball
I thought the very same thing. He'd be West Ham's greatest ever manager if he did ..... particularly if he did an interview afterwards!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think y’all find it was me who announced on the day he signed that I think he’d be gone before the season started :lol:
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Faithless wrote:
I agree it's purely a statement of intent but it's one that was needed. The press follow a narrative in most cases these days. For the past few years it's been how the board have "invested" and signed players for "records" etc. Now the wind has changed and they've started to see the light and the narrative is all about owners that spin facts, undermine their Managers and made promises they can't or won't keep.
Yes you are right but sadly our delusional owners have created more than one rod for their own back, its more like a plantation. When he was a newspaper owner Sully was a Master of the punishment regime that the media are now employing so one might have thought that he might have expected it, club membership especially once lapsed only gets you so far in that business.