Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Manuel Pellegrini West Ham United’s 17th manager

Postby bubbles1966 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 pm

"play with the mentality of a big team"

Top man. :thup:
bubbles1966

Postby Hammer in Hornchurch on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:11 am

bubbles1966 wrote:"play with the mentality of a big team"

Really encouraging to hear a West Ham manager talk like this.
With his track record/pedigree as a manager, with the right backing financially from the owners I can see him attracting higher quality players to the club and building something special.
I can’t see us getting a better opportunity, it’s crunch time now for the owners to show true ambition by giving Pellegrini the financial backing to get to the next level.
Hammer in Hornchurch

Postby Alan Pardew's Dad on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 am

Really impressed by him so far. I thought he would be awful, so large slice of humble pie for me. :crest:
Alan Pardew's Dad

Postby TommyHammer on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 am

It’s mental to look at how depleted the squad is with injuries and we’re still getting some fantastic results. That has to be down to having a world class manager like Pellegrini. I want this bloke to be here until he retires. The board really need to back him again and again and leave it up to him and Husilos to build this team over the next couple of years, and you never know where we just may be.
TommyHammer

Postby Colours never run on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:40 am

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote:, it’s crunch time now for the owners to show true ambition by giving Pellegrini the financial backing to get to the next level.

The summer was definitely one of those occasions. And albeit he didn't cost anything, they did continue getting in high calibre quality in Nasri early doors which is what Pellegrini demanded.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am

I think the thing we have to remember is that we are doing well despite the worst injury list in the league

players to come back to the squad who will make a difference are lanzini, yarmolenko, Balbuena, Hernandez, wilshere, reid, fredericks

those not so much sanchez byram

Pelle needs to add a few more such as RB, DM and CF in January/summer. Then lets see us have a real go at this top 6 malarkey !
hammerman11

Postby Hammer83 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am

I agreed with you about your pre match comment on the line up yesterday and the man proves us wrong and not for the first time either. What a manager loving the way we play now! Where is IB? lol
Hammer83

Postby davids cross on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Morning Dave.... 8-)

By Dave Kidd, Chief Sports Writer The Sun
5th September 2018, 10:28 am

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has never had the hunger and vision they need to save them in the Premier League
davids cross

Postby Rio on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 pm

hammerman11 wrote:I think the thing we have to remember is that we are doing well despite the worst injury list in the league

players to come back to the squad who will make a difference are lanzini, yarmolenko, Balbuena, Hernandez, wilshere, reid, fredericks

those not so much sanchez byram

Pelle needs to add a few more such as RB, DM and CF in January/summer. Then lets see us have a real go at this top 6 malarkey !

It’s also still not his squad. Only one window in, plus the early languid stages of this one. We’re a work in progress, let’s see how we are in September, both on and off the pitch.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby Colours never run on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Add him to the knows-****-all **** list. :lol:
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby davids cross on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Colours never run wrote:Add him to the knows-****-all **** list. :lol:

I have another

Grandoldteam (Everton Forum Re Declan Rice)

He's nowhere near Gana's level right now. If we lose Gana, we'd have to replace him with someone that could be legitamately dominant in defensive midfield and in particular they better be athletic. Declan Rice is neither.

Absolutely ****ing clueless... :D

Back on topic... :P
davids cross

Postby Colours never run on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Ok, so this is my new favourite game. Needs its own thread. :D
Colours never run

Postby carnage on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:12 pm

It’s clear he wants players high on technical ability and able to pass a football. No idea how he gets Anderson, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Wilshere and Nasri in to the same team.
carnage

Postby Colours never run on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm

He doesn't, which would be his aim. He doesn't want a Team crammed full of technically gifted players, he wants a Squad full of them. And he's heading quickly in the right direction to achieving that. And I ****ing love it.
Colours never run

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:22 pm

looking at Everton's line up today, they have no one to be able to change the game..

I'm assuming that Pellers doesn't want to be in that predicament.....

(or to hold onto a lead)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Colours never run on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Exactly that. He craves genuine quality options.

Think about why we have gone on such an amazing run of results and performances, whilst we've had half a squad out during that time. His mentality is, ok we have injuries, but it shouldn't effect the team too much as they now have a regimented way of playing at all times and the depth in quality doesn't diminish a great deal. There's genuine quality and competition all over the shop right down to the Keeper situation. It must be a reassuring position to be in. And very un-west ham like. Hence his push to try and force us to behave like one of the big boys, because that's how they cope with a demanding season.
Colours never run

Postby goa127 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 pm

davids cross wrote:Morning Dave.... 8-)

By Dave Kidd, Chief Sports Writer The Sun
5th September 2018, 10:28 am

West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has never had the hunger and vision they need to save them in the Premier League

Yes i remember this article. I commented at the time he seemed to be recycling some negative quotes (IB?) from KUMB and obviously had no idea of proper journalism, although I thought it was neill dunn in the sunday mirror. obviously exchanging notes :lol:
goa127

Postby MorthwylMawr on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Beats "Respect the point" that's for sure :D
MorthwylMawr

Postby S-H on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Ironingboard has been quiet, what's happened to him? Losing out on the Stoke job hitting him hard?
S-H

Postby bubbles1966 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:31 pm

davids cross wrote:I have another

Grandoldteam (Everton Forum Re Declan Rice)

He's nowhere near Gana's level right now. If we lose Gana, we'd have to replace him with someone that could be legitamately dominant in defensive midfield and in particular they better be athletic. Declan Rice is neither.

Absolutely ****ing clueless... :D

Pedro and Kouyate are better than Gueye.
bubbles1966

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion