Lanzini out of the World Cup (and beyond)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Lanzini out of the World Cup (and beyond)

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:13 pm

Hamburger wrote:.
It’s what finished Gascoigne.

On top of the rabid alcoholism and pigpen diet.
DasNutNock

Postby James P on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:17 pm

If Lanzini can still score a goal like Gazza did against Scotland after this then we’re doing alright
James P

Postby Colours never run on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm

TommyHammer wrote:Pellegrini almost gets killed and Lanzini misses his first world cup.

West Ham really are cursed. :crest:

100%

I've honestly never known a Club to suffer as much bad luck as ours down the years for various reasons.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby SammyLeeWasOffside on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:50 pm

HalfTimePie wrote:I've done my ACL and PCL along with my meniscus, PCL at 21 and ACL at 24. I can't ever play properly again except for kickabouts in the garden. So changed to playing in goal

Don't give Sully ideas, no need to spend on Fabianski with Lanzini about to back up Adrian.

Did my ACL years ago, was never the same although the treatment is unrecognisable today from mine. Best of luck to him, must be gutting to have the WC snatched away like that, I was annoyed enough at missing a local cup final lol.
SammyLeeWasOffside

Postby AAL86 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:11 pm

I done my ACL about 4 years ago and still gives me trouble.

I had a grade 3 ACL injury where my leg buckled underneath my body weight (exactly like Kurt Zouma). It is worse footballing injury I've ever had and I cannot play football like I used to. I can run on it no problem, but with the twisting and turning that's involved It ruled me out indefinitely. I now have tendonitis and my knee makes a crunching sound when I do squats.

In my experience, Lanzini will never be the player he was or was destined to be. Part of the battle on this long road to recovery is that he receives a lot of mental help, the last thing a young player wants is to be diagnosed with depression and anxiety, so the club need to seriously support him on this.
AAL86

Postby Samba on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:21 pm

We're still waiting to see if Obiang's going to be the same player, although that wasn't acl.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Colours never run on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 pm

It's bad as it comes as far as injuries in the game are concerned. Couple of factors that will be more in his favour though ahead of mere mortals like us...

1) He's supremely fit

2) He has the best available medical care around to help him rehabilitate

3) he doesn't have ongoing injuries and is a fresh type so not like he's injured it before best of my knowledge

But for sure it's not good and he will have a very long recovery to be on the safe side. I wouldn't personally risk him all season. Allow him to rehab as long as possible then begin pre season properly next summer all going well for start of following season.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby The Head of Brooking on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Now described as a suspected torn ACL

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... nee-injury

So maybe not as bad as previously thought.
The Head of Brooking

Postby The Collector on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Let’s hope that it is a tear rather than a rupture. Let’s also hope that the surgeon selected is better than the quack who ruined Stewart Robson.
The Collector

Postby Colours never run on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 am

The Collector wrote:Let’s hope that it is a tear rather than a rupture. Let’s also hope that the surgeon selected is better than the quack who ruined Stewart Robson.

And Ashton. And possibly Dyer. I'm convinced the Doctor we keep turning too is Dr. Nick from the Simpsons.

https://youtu.be/M_w_n-8w3IQ
Colours never run

Postby vietnammer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 am

Done me medial ligament once (shopping). Ten weeks in plaster. I couldn't play football to save my life anyway. Hate to think what's going through Mano's mind now. Why does this have to happen in training?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby The Green Man on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 am

While he is keen to focus on the future, Lanzini did reflect on the incident when his injury occurred.

“I received a pass from Marcos Rojo and tried to give it to Javier Mascherano who was behind me. When I turned, I didn’t set my foot firmly on the ground and all my weight fell on my knee. I knew instantly that it was going to be very bad.”

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... P7g2d8x.99

Sounds completely innocuous and him just doing what he usually does..

We're truly cursed
The Green Man

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 am

I'm not sure if I imagined it, but I was on Twitter late last night and seen something from a South American Journo, translated that said he has ripped the ligament, and severed the cartilage in his knee.

Can't see it anywhere now, could've been rubbish but if not, it truly sounds horrific for the poor lad.
somerset-hammer

Postby Denzil on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

I’m not sure how to post it but if anyone follows Ben Dinnery (an injury data analyst) he posted a tweet last week saying there could be hope for Lanzini as some players respond better than others, citing Baggio who ruptured his ACL and was back in the team in under three months. The tweet shows a traffic light system which shows average time back and Baggios time back. I can’t seem to C&P the tweet from my phone so will do so once in work.

He goes on to say early 2019 is realistic for Lanzini and believes Oxlade-Chamberlain could be out until 19/20 as he damaged other structures which Lanzini thankfully did not.
Denzil

Postby AAL86 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am

Colours never run wrote:And Ashton. And possibly Dyer. I'm convinced the Doctor we keep turning too is Dr. Nick from the Simpsons.

"ahhhhh it's my old client Mr McGreg, with a foot for an arm and an arm for a leg!" - Dr. Nick

Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
AAL86

Postby Denzil on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor

Need to scroll down to see the tweet, not sure how to post the specific tweet but it starts with "hope for Lanzini"
Denzil

Postby Wembley1966 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 am

^^^ Click on the date/time after the tweeters name:
https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1005068900697104385
Wembley1966

Postby Nosebleed on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 am

Ben Dinnery says on June 8th ruptured ACL.. comparing the recovery of Baggio as hope for Lanzini.

Whufc.com today saying torn ACL.
Nosebleed

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 am

Colours never run wrote:quote="TommyHammer"]Pellegrini almost gets killed and Lanzini misses his first world cup.

West Ham really are cursed. :crest:[/quote

100%

I've honestly never known a Club to suffer as much bad luck as ours down the years for various reasons.

That poor Brazilian club , Chapecoense might argue with that statement .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Denzil on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Nosebleed wrote:Ben Dinnery says on June 8th ruptured ACL.. comparing the recovery of Baggio as hope for Lanzini.

Whufc.com today saying torn ACL.

Where have they reported that? Can't see it on the site but a tear is much better than a rupture, isn't it?
Denzil

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion