Good luck, Reece

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Good luck, Reece

Postby IronworksDave on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 am

This displays the huge gulf between top six and the rest ... we can't risk playing youngsters in 'lesser' games because we always need the points .... so they never get a chance .....
IronworksDave

Postby Colours never run on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:25 am

I'd believe that to be true, if it weren't for Rice. I don't personally buy the argument. If a manager deems a player good enough, they'll play regardless of age.

As much as I generally like Pellegrini a lot, I don't agree with him on releasing him already from the squad, he's seen him play in practically no games or training. That's assuming of course his ear wasn't bent by anyone on the Board if they said they received an offer too good to turn down for him having played so little fornus but that's difficult to know right now.

To clairfy, I'm not saying Burke is a world beater or anything of the sort, but I do believe in him as a young classy Centre Half with a big future ahead of him in the game. Right character, right defensive ability, composed on the hall, always vocal, mature before his years. I see little difference in him and Rice, only 1 of them has been given a fair crack of the ship since Bilic gave him the nod beginning of last season. Reece will sooner or later be a Premium regular, I have no doubt as long as he stays away from bad injury.

Many other academy products I couldn't say the same and rightly went by the wayside.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Hemel Iron on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:39 am

Colours never run wrote:I'd believe that to be true, if it weren't for Rice. I don't personally buy the argument. If a manager deems a player good enough, they'll play regardless of age.

As much as I generally like Pellegrini a lot, I don't agree with him on releasing him already from the squad, he's seen him play in practically no games or training. That's assuming of course his ear wasn't bent by anyone on the Board if they said they received an offer too good to turn down for him having played so little fornus but that's difficult to know right now.

To clairfy, I'm not saying Burke is a world beater or anything of the sort, but I do believe in him as a young classy Centre Half with a big future ahead of him in the game. Right character, right defensive ability, composed on the hall, always vocal, mature before his years. I see little difference in him and Rice, only 1 of them has been given a fair crack of the ship since Bilic gave him the nod beginning of last season. Reece will sooner or later be a Premium regular, I have no doubt as long as he stays away from bad injury.

Many other academy products I couldn't say the same and rightly went by the wayside.

I would put money on Burke never gracing the Premier League again.
Hemel Iron

Postby hammerman11 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:33 am

I liked burke but he is 22 and is not good enough for a top 10 team in the premier league . same applies to Cullen also 22. time for the next batch of young players to try and stake a claim.

rice doing nicely and a first team squad player now.
quinna
browne
samuelson
Holland
Johnson
Martinez

football is a hard business and hard decisions have to be made . we cannot wait years for a player to develop sometimes it doesn't work out at one club but the player goes on to do really well a few years later at a different club. such as Pogba and de bryne
hammerman11

Postby StackerJJ on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 am

Still rate this kid, don't think he was dealt a fair hand.. Confident we'll see him back in the PL in a few years. Good luck Reece. I'll be watching your progress. :crest:
StackerJJ

Postby billybondsballbag on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am

Best wishes for the future, Reece. :crest:
billybondsballbag
MILF lover

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:50 pm

mushy wrote:They both played five times for our first team.

I remember Dan got a couple of games in a row at one point , regular sub coming on as well
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...

Postby hessa on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 pm

mushy wrote:They both played five times for our first team.

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:
I remember Dan got a couple of games in a row at one point , regular sub coming on as well

He did, but we were in the Championship at the time.
For what its worth, I think Reece wasn't really given a fair crack. I thought he looked very comfortable when I saw him play for the 1st team. Unfortunately that's football now. Hopefully he will work hard and have a great career elsewhere.
hessa

Previous

Return to General Discussion