Andriy Yarmolenko

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko

Postby Skandi Brudson on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 am

YorksHammer wrote:Bought him and Zozulya for free at Crewe once. Eight years later they both played as I won the Champions L league.

That kind of thing doesn’t go unnoticed. You’ll soon be offered a place in the England coaching setup.
Skandi Brudson

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 am

Skandi Brudson wrote:quote="YorksHammer"]Bought him and Zozulya for free at Crewe once. Eight years later they both played as I won the Champions L league.[/quote

That kind of thing doesn’t go unnoticed. You’ll soon be offered a place in the England coaching setup.

The New Howard Wilkinson - :)
The Old Man of Storr

Postby simon hammer on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Welcome Andriy, hope you have a successful time with us.

:crest:
simon hammer

Postby S-H on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:28 am

"Yarmolenko, Yarmolenko"

:tune:
S-H

Postby ageing hammer on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:34 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great shout somerset :scarfer:
ageing hammer

Postby Patito on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 am

Love it
Patito

Postby sutts07 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:54 am

Yarmolenko Yarmolenko
He can lead the f***ing line, or play on the wing...
Yarmolenko Yarmolenko
And when he scores a gooooooaaaaaallllll..... You'll hear us sing!
sutts07

Postby ExeC on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:10 am

Going LOCO! Adriy Yarmolenko!!!
When you score a goal!
ExeC

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 pm

ExeC wrote:Going LOCO! Adriy Yarmolenko!!!
When you score a goal!

:tune:
Georgee Paris

Postby thejackhammer on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Yarmolenko
Yarmolenko
Yarmolenko, Yarmolenko, Yarmolenko!

He scored a bundle, when he played in Ukraine,
He played for Dortmund he couldn’t get a game,
Now he’s at West Ham, he’s gonna score the goals,
Up the table, Andriy Yarmolenko

Na na na na na Andriy Yarmolenko.
thejackhammer

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:25 pm

must be able to sing something to the words of YAH MO BE THERE by James Ingram & Michael McDonald
psychoscoredthelot

Postby frankiemac on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm

like the yaya toure chant

yarma...yarma yarma...yarma yarma...yarma yarmalenko!
frankiemac

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:13 pm

frankiemac wrote:like the yaya toure chant

yarma...yarma yarma...yarma yarma...yarma yarmalenko!

please god no
psychoscoredthelot

Postby TeddyThePug on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:59 pm

yarma yarma yarma yarma yarma-chameleon... go on and score.. go on and scooooore!

ahem 8-)
TeddyThePug

Postby hawkins_hammer on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 pm

To Kalinka:

Yamolenko
molenko
molenko
molenko's a Hammer

He's a Hammer
molenko
molenko
Yarma
hawkins_hammer

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:23 pm

In the interests of the sanity of the pedants, his name is YarmOlenko. Not Yarma. Yarmo. His nickname is Yarmo, not Yarma. There is only one 'A' in his name.

I got this ITK information from Jack Wiltshire.
LeonRivers

Yarmolenko

Postby NW5hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:02 am

Interesting guy who has had lots of problems in the past. Good interview in today's Times:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -d5jzd7wrq

“Four years ago I had an opportunity to come here, but it didn’t work out,” Yarmolenko says. “Now I’m very happy to be here to find out what I’m capable of achieving in the Premier League. Now I’m here at West Ham I’m only thinking about this team. I was very close to signing for Liverpool, but it’s a different story so I don’t see any point in digging into it now. I’m very happy with the way my career has developed.

“I think I’m a better player than I was four years ago. I have more experience so look at football differently, and think I understand it better. Liverpool are a big club, but we want to get three points too. We will go to Anfield to win. It will be a tough game for us, but we have a plan and we want to win.”

“The first half-year was very good at Dortmund, but then I got injured and the coach was changed,” he says. “When I was fit again I realised they didn’t count on me anymore. The new coach [Peter Stöger replaced Peter Bosz last December] didn’t want me, which was tough, and I was quite upset by it, but I still tried to do my best in training.

“I’ve been rejected before, so knew how to cope with it. It’s a funny story really. I started playing football in my city of Chernihiv and when I was 13 I went to Dynamo to join their football academy. I played for six or seven months, and then the head coach sent me home as he said my level wasn’t good enough for Dynamo. So I went back to Chernihiv, trained with my team and eventually became professional. Three years later Dynamo bought me for a lot of money!”

“My English is getting better and I enjoy talking to the players, but I don’t understand Noble and [Jack] Wilshere,” Yarmolenko says. “Mark Noble does not shut up! But he’s a cool guy, very happy and joyful. Sometimes I have problems with his English so have to ask him to speak a bit more slowly. He’s an old man, you know, so I have to respect him.

“People see me wearing the team kit so recognise me, and tell me they’re West Ham supporters. I’ve been using taxis a lot over the last month to get around, and taxi drivers always tell me they support West Ham. Why is that?”

“I guess it happens in all families, they have these kind of arguments,” he says. “We’re still looking — hopefully next week we’ll find something as I’d like my family to move here soon and to start enjoying life in London. My family are still in Dortmund as my wife is busy shutting down deals to do with our old house, our old car and things like that. We’ve also got to find a school. For me it was a surprise, because in Ukraine children go to school when they’re six, but in England it’s five. It was a big surprise, but it’s not a problem.

“I met my wife 11 years ago in a nightclub. It’s a simple story, quite ordinary. I went to a club, met a girl I liked and asked for her number. A couple of days later we had dinner together. But maybe for the newspaper I have another story. She begged me for my number. But if you write this, my wife will kill me. Maybe we will have to get two separate flats.”

“Anyone who scores goals in Ukraine gets called ‘the new Sheva’, but it’s not good to compare other footballers to Shevchenko,” he says. “There will be good footballers in the future, but what Shevchenko achieved is unique.

“Before I signed my contract I spoke to Shevchenko and Rebrov. They both said it’s a great club and that I should sign. They didn’t give me any specific advice following their experiences in England.

“I think it all depends on the time you move, the period in your career. Sometimes it’s a good time, but sometimes it’s bad. Sometimes you can be playing in a team that completely suits you, but you change it and it doesn’t work out. A lot of these things depend on luck.”
NW5hammer

Re: Yarmolenko

Postby Sir_Trevor on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 am

NW5hammer wrote:Interesting guy who has had lots of problems in the past. Good interview in today's Times:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/spor ... -d5jzd7wrq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“People see me wearing the team kit so recognise me, and tell me they’re West Ham supporters. I’ve been using taxis a lot over the last month to get around, and taxi drivers always tell me they support West Ham. Why is that?”

"Guess who i had in my cab lat week. That Andrea Yarmi Whatsit fella." :lol:
Sir_Trevor

Re: Yarmolenko

Postby Puff Daddy on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:05 am

Sir_Trevor wrote:

"Guess who i had in my cab lat week. That Andrea Yarmi Whatsit fella." :lol:

They say taxi drivers can tell a story. Yeah and I can tell a few about them and all
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby MorthwylMawr on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am

Good interview, comes across grounded and funny. Hope that his families move goes smoothly and that they all settle quickly.

Looking forward to seeing him on the pitch
MorthwylMawr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion