Felipe Anderson

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Felipe Anderson

Postby thejackhammer on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:00 pm

steveyrockstar wrote:Well, I for one think Anderson is an excellent player and has been a fantastic signing for us.

You're right of course. Unfortunately a variety of reasons be it price tag, flamboyance, stereotypes around nationality (Brazilian flair players aren't exactly known for being full blooded), he gets a tough usually inaccurate evaluation from some fans.

Moans about his work ethic, lack of tracking back and fear of getting stuck in are literally in people's heads despite no evidence.
thejackhammer

Postby I am Lawro on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:48 pm

I agree 100%. I actually think he has a fantastic work ethic for a flair player and is a pretty competent tackler. The stats back this up, too!
I am Lawro

Postby Smonnie on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm

The knobhead commentator on my stream was on about how we had too many attacking players on the pitch and how players like Anderson would definitely not be tracking back any time soon.

What a load of bolleaux.
Smonnie

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:10 pm

that knobhead was Tony Gale...

but to be honest no one DID really track back....

we were still over the place they could have and should have scored on either one of those two efforts towards the end.....

the one Fab saved and the corner...……..
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Faithless on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:the one Fab saved..……..

If that'd gone in, that'd be another offside goal to complain about conceding
Faithless

Location: On a bubble approaching the sky.....Born 7 days too late...38 years n counting

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:17 pm

I get the feeling Galey is determined to prove he isn’t biased towards us.
DasNutNock

Postby Burnley Hammer on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Very frustrating player, one minute he's taking players on or creating chances, the next minute he's sloppily giving the ball away. I think his decision making is a little suspect at times. Got to have him in the side though... him and nasri are the only two truly creative players in the team.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby Smonnie on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:that knobhead was Tony Gale...

but to be honest no one DID really track back....

we were still over the place they could have and should have scored on either one of those two efforts towards the end.....

the one Fab saved and the corner...……..

Thought I recognised his voice. Never misses an opportunity to slag us off when commentating.

I thought today that the defence themselves were most at fault. I agree with you that you have to defend as a team, but Ogbonna and Diop played like strangers today, and Zabaleta gave the ball away, missed tackles and got caught upfield time and time again (and I like the guy a lot!).
Smonnie

Postby Faithless on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:20 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:....I think his decision making is a little suspect at times.....

I think that's why he plays for us
Faithless

Location: On a bubble approaching the sky.....Born 7 days too late...38 years n counting

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:20 pm

faithless

not 100% sure about that - it was a close call but for the first one I thought we had a player on the far side (could have been Zaba) playing him on and definitely Zaba was playing Puncheon on...…

maybe someone has a screen grab so we can see

Boss ?? can you do the honours please ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Faithless on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:30 pm

CA

Happy to be proved wrong on that, can't find a good angle of it, the high quality highlights I found don't don't include it
Faithless

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Took me a while "to get" Anderson.

Now, I think he is the one luxury player we must have in the starting line-up.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Jon on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Tony attends games as a fan. Not sure many ex players do that.

If he didn't criticise us he isn't a fan nor a pundit.. If Hudd got 6 today it wouldn't have been a shock.
Jon

Postby stu1 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:24 pm

I thought him and Lanzini were both atrocious first half when you consider their ability, Antonio was the only player threatening in open play, so I thought it was quiet strange he was subbed.

Anderson seemed to remember how to pass in the last 15 minutes, but I’d consider dropping both him and a Lanzini for our next match. Nasri was a class above when he came on, without doing anything spectacular his touch and passing was an example to Anderson and Lanzini in how they should be playing.

You’d have to argue Hernandez also deserves to start now, so I’d probably alter the formation slightly and play Antonio up top with Hernandez.
stu1

Postby polar on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm

I agree with most of that stu1
polar

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:39 pm

One positive about him is that he doesn't shy away from it all. He keeps going and trying to make stuff happen even when things are going pear shaped.
I like his attitude
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Smonnie on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Jon wrote:Tony attends games as a fan. Not sure many ex players do that.

If he didn't criticise us he isn't a fan nor a pundit.. If Hudd got 6 today it wouldn't have been a shock.

No issue with him criticising us if it's valid. The Anderson critique was nonsense.
Smonnie

Postby Patito on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:One positive about him is that he doesn't shy away from it all. He keeps going and trying to make stuff happen even when things are going pear shaped.
I like his attitude

This is how I saw. Plenty of what he did didn’t come off today but he kept having a go and kept showing for the ball.

One moment that springs to mind was in the second half he picked the ball up and just ran at Huddersfield, took on a couple of their players and drew a couple more towards him he was able to set up Arnie who completely fluffed his chance.

I do get the feeling people can’t wait to hammer this guy because he’s our record signing.
Patito

Postby goa127 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 am

he always keeps going, never flags game after game.
little came off for him today but he kept plugging away till he put in the ball for the winner. ~Oh and he scares defences to death. Against Newcastle three men rushed at him every time he cut inside, pulling their defence apart
goa127

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:51 am

Think he suffers more than any of the team from the current malaise that seems to have taken us over - quitenanfew passes are made to a West Ham shirt and the player who makes the pass thinks ‘job done, done my bit’ followed by retreating back down the pitch, turning back or standing static expecting the player who now has the ball to do it all on their own.
hammer1975

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion