Felipe Anderson

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Felipe Anderson

Postby Korea Hammer on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:57 pm

His worst game for months yesterday, looked disinterested and ineffectual.
Korea Hammer

Postby westhamshares on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:33 pm

really don't get the love in

far too lightweight, wont challenge, definitely wont head the ball and is missing for more games than he attends and is often missing for large parts of games where he does turn up

don't get me wrong when he takes on a player or three it can be a joy to behold but he does it so infrequently and west ham cannot "carry" him.

yesterday right at the beginning of the game he was the "wall" watch what he does, he moves out the way

noble was often forced to act like a crab or go backwards because he didn't "show" though same could be said for chico and lanzini - yet noble gets caned by me at the game :D

the bloke is a coward when it comes to playing against teams that will bully him and we have no one to protect him

how I wish for bonzo to chase all over the field to get a tackle in to let the bully know that kind of behaviour on one of his payers wont be accepted.
westhamshares

Postby HammerAl on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 pm

He's going through a tough patch at the mo, where most things he's trying aren't coming off. What I like about him though is that he won't shy away from it and he'll keep attempting the nice flicks and tricky passes. Soon enough, they'll start coming off, he'll be changing games for us and we'll be loving it again!
HammerAl

Postby Beavis Danzig on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:15 pm

it's funny how you hear about him being a lightweight luxury player, then go on the premier league stats site and shows him being the joint 10th best tackler in the whole league.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Patito on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm

westhamshares wrote: wont challenge

:arry:
Patito

Postby Patito on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:it's funny how you hear about him being a lightweight luxury player, then go on the premier league stats site and shows him being the joint 10th best tackler in the whole league.

I've given up trying to put this point across now, BD. He's an attacking midfielder from Brazil, some people are only ever going to see him in a certain way, even if it goes against what is actually happening.
Patito

Postby YorksHammer on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:it's funny how you hear about him being a lightweight luxury player, then go on the premier league stats site and shows him being the joint 10th best tackler in the whole league.

Patito wrote:I've given up trying to put this point across now, BD. He's an attacking midfielder from Brazil, some people are only ever going to see him in a certain way, even if it goes against what is actually happening.

It really is ridiculous how blind some other people are, though. He hustles and bustles as well as anyone else in our team, I would even say as well as Rice. Averaging 2.3 tackles per game is unbelievable for a forward player. Not another attacker in the top 50 for tackles per game in the league - Jordan Ayew (1.9) in 59th is his closest challenger.

He does get dribbled past a fair amount though, I will say - more than any other player on our team (1.9 per game). But he's certainly not afraid to put the boot in when necessary.

Honestly, on places like this, you can see why players sometimes struggle mentally as well as physically, particularly in this day and age. They're only a poor game or two away from being given absolute grief by a bunch of anonymous people on social media and the web.

Anderson's having a bad patch of form - and one noticeably bad game on Saturday - but maybe instead of crucifying him for it we should be supporting him through it in the knowledge that he can, and will, get back to his best?
YorksHammer

Postby Beavis Danzig on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:43 pm

i mean there are flair players who bring it on themselves with their massive look at me self promotion and big i am attitude, but i've seen none of it from anderson. he's clearly an up and down player on confidence, but his worst performances come from repeatedly trying things that don't come off rather than not trying anything at all. blatantly wasn't happening for him at cardiff but he was still trying to meg players at every opportunity.

you might well want him hooked off for the team's sake but if we're going to give our creative players absolute dog's abuse for attempting to be creative even when it's not going for them, we might as well get moyes back in.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:
you might well want him hooked off for the team's sake but if we're going to give our creative players absolute dog's abuse for attempting to be creative even when it's not going for them, we might as well get moyes back in.

:thup:

Can we get Moyes back in as AM though to sort Arnie out?!
Cockneyboy311

Postby prophet:marginal on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 pm

He's 25

He's tried, to his credit, to pick up the lingo, here

Some of his play, in the 2nd phase of our season, was sensational; he brings a swagger to the team, with the ball at his feet and, from time to time, he was at the heart of some really good play (and goals).

He's struggled with the team as a whole since the turn of the year, because

(a) the personnel on whose wavelength he needs to be has changed or its form has also dipped, and
(b) teams are now playing their second games against him; whilst he hasn't been 'sussed out', they know that if they get too close, he can punish them, so they've developed other measures.

He's made a decent start. My main worry is that he has no effective back up, either as competition or indeed cover.

To my mind, he's gone a long way already to justifying his fee (and wages). I hope he can continue in a similar vein, but, from now on, with Lanzini, Snodgrass and Arnautovic; players with similar skill levels.
prophet:marginal

Postby hammer1975 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 pm

If he’s lightweight then what does that make Chicharito?

The team doesn’t have a balance to it at the moment in my view - few players have lost form (and their above normal level compensated for some missing elements of the team), plus we’ve gone with a striker who may work harder than he did but still doesn’t fit with the premier league as one up (imo), finally - Lanzini being back is great but the team needs to find a new balance as a result.

It may sound boring to go on about centre midfield but the right player in there next to Rice would be transformational for a number of players in the team - Anderson included.
hammer1975

Postby prophet:marginal on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Tin hat on stand by, but, if we can't get Billing, is Aaron Mooy a terrible idea?

He was Huddersfield's midfielder in the season they came up and the one where they stayed up. His still reasonably young, but with some experience, and, I would say, ability.

Might be a more realistic target, for Rice's partner?

-------Rice

Mooy------Anderson

-------Lanzini

Postby hammer1975 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:44 pm

I think he’s a good player PM, but I do think we need someone strong in the air for that other midfield spot. Set pieces have felt, at times, like we simply don’t have enough aerial players to match up with the opposition.

If we had enough funds i’d take Billing AND Mooy, but think Billing is much the better fit to balance our team out.

Mooy would probably enjoy playing with someone of Anderson’s ability to play the ball to.
hammer1975

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:37 pm

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Can we get Moyes back in as AM though to sort Arnie out?!

Not sure about that. Maybe at CDM alongside Declan though.... :wink:
LeonRivers

Postby Albie Beck on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 am

prophet:marginal wrote:is Aaron Mooy a terrible idea?

I think Mooy is excellent. Covers every blade passes well and would be a natural successor to our skipper.
Albie Beck

Postby HammerAl on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 am

I think Mooy is a very, very good player and would do well with us.
HammerAl

Postby Croydon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:40 am

I think Mooy is Noble Lite and we should aim for a much more superior midfielder .
Croydon

Postby prophet:marginal on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 am

Croydon wrote:I think Mooy is Noble Lite and we should aim for a much more superior midfielder .

I imagine that there are superior players, but I would also expect problems in obtaining their signatures!

Postby Sloop John B on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 am

Because unless is full blooded arse on the floor full-stretch type thing it goes unnoticed.

Just nipping the ball of someone with your nimble feet shouldn't be called a "tackle". :wink:
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby steveyrockstar on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:36 am

Well, I for one think Anderson is an excellent player and has been a fantastic signing for us.
steveyrockstar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion