Away tickets 2018 / 2019 season

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Away tickets 2018 / 2019 season

Postby Dwightster on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 am

It does seem strange. Last year went to 18 points and it was a couple of months later in the season so people would have had more points by then, so one would have thought about 15-16 would have been threshold this season. Ballot has taken it up a bit but conversely demand was high last year as it was a new ground for most of us.

I wonder how many of the allocation never make it to ordinary supporters. How many are syphoned off for corporate & staff. What about the coach & ticket deals we see advertised?[/quote]

Last year it was also 90% at the 20 PP mark tickets had been sold out.
Dwightster

Postby Phil S on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 am

have anyone else still not received their Tottenham cup match tickets?
Phil S

Postby brownout on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:57 am

Phil S wrote:have anyone else still not received their Tottenham cup match tickets?

Me
brownout

Postby Watford 'Ammer on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Surely the club cannot run the ballot for the Huddersfield. As already stated the only option should be opening up the remaining tickets to 21 points plus.

A mate of mine (on 22) was unable to get his ticket despite trying throughout the evening and again in the morning Thursday / Friday.

Called the ticket office to ask to purchase a ticket from those being held for the ballot. Told only a manager could authorise this but that a manager was not available. A manager will call back, apparently, but this could be after the ballot has sold out. Helpful. It's not decided yet if the ballot will run.

The balls up with continuing as planned and opening the tickets up to 20 points, despite the technical issues, has meant some people who had enough to buy on Thursday were beaten to it by some on lower points. That also then affects their chances of getting tickets for other games where the allocation is less than 3,000.

Very poor form if the club choose not to resolve this and go ahead with the ballot.
Watford 'Ammer

Postby danm79 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:23 pm

Any AST had there 2nd email for the Huddersfield tickets, I have had receipt but not seat confirmation.
danm79

Postby Watford 'Ammer on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Anyone who missed out;

I believe the club have requested more tickets (no idea if they can actually get anymore).

A mate has said there’ll be a separate ballot, for 20+ only, for any extras.

Anyone else heard this / got any additional information?
Watford 'Ammer

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Watford 'Ammer wrote:Anyone who missed out;

I believe the club have requested more tickets (no idea if they can actually get anymore).

A mate has said there’ll be a separate ballot, for 20+ only, for any extras.

Anyone else heard this / got any additional information?

Yes spoke with club a few times over last few days. Think they’re working on a solution but along the lines of running the ballot for the 20+ points upwards due to the ticketmaster issues they had. It’ll be imminent so keep an eye on the website

They’ve also spoken to Huddersfield about increasing the allocation but were waiting to hear back when I spoke with them. Not sure what the Huddersfield attendance is like but no wins and looking a shoe in to go down I’d wager that a few may not bother so fingers crossed we can get a few more tickets.

What I would say is all the staff I’ve spoken to in the ticketing office have been absolutely bang on. I know they’ve been knocked a lot in the past but the two ladies I’ve spoken sound like they’re doing everything they can to get to a fair solution. Credit to them :thup:
Johnnyboy

Postby Johnnyboy on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:55 am

The initial 90% of tickets for this fixture sold out to Season Ticket Holders with 20+ Loyalty Points.

The remainder of the Hammers’ allocation for the trip to the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday 10 November will now be available via a ballot process.

Please note that, for this fixture, the ballot will only be open to Season Ticket Holders with 19 or more points due to the limited allocation available for Hammers supporters.

The ballot will open at 3pm on Wednesday 24 October here and will be open until 3pm on Friday 26 October. The ballot will be run on Monday, with successful supporters being informed by email by Tuesday morning.
Johnnyboy

Postby Watford 'Ammer on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:03 pm

So the club are effectively withdrawing the ballot for this game, which would be the correct thing to do.

I guess running 19+ in this way means they avoid more technical issues that might be thrown up by reverting to the original ‘points windows’ process.

However, by citing the ‘limited allocation’ as opposed to the technical issues the club have opened up the ballot debate again.....

Will they then be sticking with this policy for allocations less than 3,000?!!! Can opened once more :lol:
Watford 'Ammer

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:They should scrap the ballot for this game and re-open a window for sales on 20+ points in a couple of days. Surely that's fair given the amount of people who have wrongly missed out due to an error with their It systems

HarlowEssexHammer wrote:Is the logical answer! Too much like common sense for our football club, Johnnyboy.

I couldn't get in last night, and admittedly never thought they'd sell out by the time I got to work this morning, my stomach dropped when I logged in and read it had sold out on 20+ points. The best thing to do to appease a lot of loyal supporters (not customers) would be to have another window for those with 20+ points for these last 234 tickets. It's not too late to do so, as they haven't even announced ballot details yet so can still pull the plug on that for this game and rectify the mishap for 234 people at least.

I've been a major critic of our ticket office in the past, so it's only fair I praise them when they do the right thing to try and fix this Huddersfield mess as best they can at this point, as we suggested in the comments above.

Emailed the T.O. on Monday afternoon explaining the issues I'd had, and asked what could be done to help us in getting two tickets. They called my Dad on Tuesday to say they were doing their best to resolve the problem and were calling everybody that complained (sounds like there was a fair few of us). The match had sold out by 9:08am on the Friday morning, before people having problems the night before had much opportunity to try again.

I've now entered the ballot for two tickets and can only hope for the best. Wonder how many of us there are with 19+ points at this stage without tickets? Will everyone be covered do we think? I've said a few times before on this forum it would be a good idea of the T.O. to produce a priority points table, with how many fans there are on each point, the England supporters club do something like this so you can always get a good gauge of how likely you are to be successful when applying for tickets.
HarlowEssexHammer

Postby Watford 'Ammer on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm

The only indication of numbers we have is where the club choose to open the window for sale. They open the first window at such a point that it would allow everyone in that category to buy tickets if they wished to do so.

Therefore, the Huddersfield game tells us that there are less than 2340 fans who are ASTHs / Bondholders (who buy tickets) or who have 21+.

So it would appear that our ‘hardcore’ support who buy tickets for most away games is max 2000 (given that it sold out quickly to 20+).

Leicester, 3200, opened at 19+ (ie there are less than 3200 people in this category).

Taking the above into account, my guess would be that there are around 1700 fans who will buy (or attempt to buy in the case of Bournemouth) tickets for every away game. I would guess there are then 3-5 hundred more who go to most away games but may / may not buy (on around 18 / 19 /20).
Watford 'Ammer

Postby Johnnyboy on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 am

Looks as though the club didn't sell through all the remaining Huddersfield tickets in the ballot, so are running another ballot for anyone with 15+ points for today only!

The initial 90% of tickets for West Ham United’s Premier League fixture at Huddersfield Town sold out to Season Ticket Holders with 20+ Priority Points, with tickets then going to a ballot for Season Ticket Holders with 19+ Priority Points.

The remainder of the Hammers’ allocation for the trip to the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday 10 November will now be available via a ballot process to Season Ticket Holders with 15+ Priority Points

The ballot will open at 10am on Tuesday 30 October here and will be open until 5pm that day.
Johnnyboy

Postby Julien Snow Bear on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Anyone actually able to enter the re-opened ballot? Coming up as an error when I try...
Julien Snow Bear

Postby Cottee on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:39 pm

Anyone had their Huddersfield tickets yet?
Cottee

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Huddersfield ? Yes, two days ago.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Iron George on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:56 pm

the pink palermo wrote:Huddersfield ? Yes, two days ago.

Same.
Iron George

Postby West Ham Dave on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Not yet
But get rid of your staff, it’s no surprise nothing gets done in a timely fashion
West Ham Dave

Postby Phil S on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 pm

I just opened what I thought was my Huddersfield tickets..

3 x Burnley tickets not for me

Seems to be getting worse
Phil S

Postby rottiel on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Not got mine yet either
rottiel

Postby psycho_hammer on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Still not got Huddersfield tickets. Will they be able to print them for me next week at ticket office as they’re away tickets if they don’t turn up?
psycho_hammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion