New Tottenham stadium (non-WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: New Tottenham stadium (non-WHU)

Postby IronworksDave on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:49 am

sutts07 wrote:Be interesting to see what 'type' of supporter they fill the 'kop' up with. It isn't cheap to get a season ticket in there, with some areas around the middle costing more than £2k per season.

Spurs could well fall foul of the same issue we have seen where older / less passionate / family orientated fans (who would like to sit and watch the game and join in with the occasional rendition of 'Oh Whennnnnn theeeee....'), get mixed in with the more vocal and passionate of fans who (who want to stand, sing and shout abuse all game).

I think we got it horribly wrong with our move and can only see the same happening to them.

I doubt it, Spurs had dedicated 'safe standing' areas marked up for ST's ... they had the "Home End" the "New Shelf" and the "New Paxton End" all clearly indicated in the ST blurb ....

They took the lessons from the 'best move in history' and fixed it ... ST's could book in groups of upto 25 with one person taking the lead. Simple and that way you stick with your mates ...

They have a large 'family section' to keep the kids out off the way ... I though we all had to have that ...

and let's even not begin to talk about distance from the pitch ...

Sure they will have 'tourists' but they will have 42,000 ST's who will all turn up (well most of them) because it's exactly what they did before ....

Just about the only thing I can wind up my Spurs mate with is by calling it the "Kop End' proper winds him up, even the never ending delays don't bother him anymore ... he might be a condescending utter **** but can't deny the stadium is going to be fantastic ...

We should look at it, blow up the LS, and build one ourselves ... a billion quid sounds a lot but in today's crazy rich football world it's not that big a deal ... we just need to have the balls ....
IronworksDave

Postby sutts07 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 pm

IronworksDave wrote:They took the lessons from the 'best move in history' and fixed it ...

How's that working out for them...?

Incidentally, around 50 of us from CR1 were allowed to move 'together' with one lead person dealing with the club on the booking. We still ended up surrounded by punters in a totally different frame of mind who wanted to sit down.

Basically, you could have taken a whole block of fans from Upton Park and put them anywhere in the London Stadium and they would have just been a drop in the ocean. As we found out.

It has taken a few seasons but people have eventually migrated in and out of the area now and for the league games at least, like-minded fans are now grouped together and we are starting to get a bit of an atmosphere.

I very much doubt Spurs will nail it in season one.
sutts07

Postby RayleighHammer23 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:13 pm

I know some Tottenham season ticket holders and they have had complete nightmares getting seated together. They were giving holders with the longest ticket history first dibs. Which is great in theory but not when your old man has been going for 20 years and you have been going for 10.

Leaves supporters with a tough choice to make, have a worse seat to sit with family or friends or a good seat and sit next to people you don't know.

Its actually nice to know West Ham aren't the only club that's messed it up
RayleighHammer23

Postby sutts07 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:26 pm

Not forgetting they sold season tickets to punters for over £2k knowing full well the stadium wouldn't be ready. They have shelled out so much in refunds this season as their fans are sick of Wembley.

The stadium looks amazing, no doubt about how good the end product will be, the migration of fans however, it isn't as rosy as their PR machine would have the media believe and everyone else believe.
sutts07

Postby keithrobsonsbookie on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 pm

sutts07 wrote:Not forgetting they sold season tickets to punters for over £2k knowing full well the stadium wouldn't be ready. They have shelled out so much in refunds this season as their fans are sick of Wembley.

The stadium looks amazing, no doubt about how good the end product will be, the migration of fans however, it isn't as rosy as their PR machine would have the media believe and everyone else believe.

I would have put up with 18 months of hassle and inconvenience to end up with a proper football stadium.
keithrobsonsbookie

Postby IronworksDave on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:18 pm

RayleighHammer23 wrote:I know some Tottenham season ticket holders and they have had complete nightmares getting seated together. They were giving holders with the longest ticket history first dibs. Which is great in theory but not when your old man has been going for 20 years and you have been going for 10.

Leaves supporters with a tough choice to make, have a worse seat to sit with family or friends or a good seat and sit next to people you don't know.

Its actually nice to know West Ham aren't the only club that's messed it up

Sorry mate but that's just wrong .. yes it went down to the lowest 'points' season ticket holder in the group but with an additional 20,000 season tickets Spurs claim that 92% of the original season ticket holders got the seat they applied for ... sure 8% is 2,500 unhappy punters, and they're the ones you hear about, but that means 92% were happy ... of course they might not be when it finally opens, who knows

I'm sure there were some feck ups ... but I bet it was 100 better manged than our pathetic attempt ...

Did we have any idea what the 'home' section was .. where Upton Park stands were matched up with LS stands? If we did I never saw any of it ... it was just pot luck ....

They've got a 17,000 home end ... pretty sure most of the 'noisy' fans will be in there ... it wasn't that hard even for a Spud to work it out ...

We're not talking about the scum that support them this thread is about the stadium ... sadly it's everything that the LS is not ... as I said before we need to learn and then build something even better ....
IronworksDave

Postby HammerMan2004 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:22 pm

You'd think Spurs fans would know that if they wanted an atmosphere they'd aim for a ticket in their single-tier monster stand.

Can't imagine many are going in that stand with the intention to sit down and clap.

Never in a million years will they balls it up as much as we did.
HammerMan2004

Postby Gsbgsb on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes getting similar minded people in the right area was an issue but as big an issue was the quality of the stewarding in the first season. Spurs will not face this as they control the stewards. It has taken this long for the stewarding at our place to reach minimum standard and is still light years away from where it was at UP in my view.
Gsbgsb

Postby The Gibbins on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:48 pm

I think the majority will probably get the seats they want or near enough to that location. It must be pretty hard to sort a stadium move and make 60,000 people happy.

it's going to be much better than ours, regardless of how long it is taking it will not be hard to piss all over the monstrosity we have to attend..
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby WCpete on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Looks pretty damned nice. Wonder if they'll fill it?

https://twitter.com/David_London_/status/1060656795570655234
WCpete

Postby the pink palermo on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:07 pm

WCpete wrote:Looks pretty damned nice. Wonder if they'll fill it?

I'm sure they will sell all the tickets, whether or not supporters turn up every week is another matter.

In a city where a pint of beer is £5.50-£6 , a gourmet burger £12 and a decent night out will cost you £150, for a supporter to "waste" £500 a season on matches for which they have bought a season ticket but haven't the enthusiasm to attend, isn't to quite a few people too much of a penalty.

For those without money to spare that may seem excessively wasteful, but for those with the cash to burn, they probably won't care all that much if they miss 8 or 9 games a season.

It stopped being the working man's game a long time ago I'm afraid.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Have to say it is amazing :thup:
ageing hammer

Postby Georgee Paris on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 pm

It’s a stadium - it looks fit for purpose. It’s still in Tottenham tho and will be full of Tottenham fans. They had a stadium not much different to the Boleyn but were there or there about a in regards to the top clubs and being run properly and owned by genuine billionaire for a long time before moving. We never looked like bothering the elite and have had owners the couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery. We would only find ourselves in a stadium like that if we were taken over by a ridiculously wealthy individual or group.
Georgee Paris

Postby Samba on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 pm

It looks a lovely stadium.
Wish it was ours.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Georgee Paris on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:57 pm

I’m fairly certain everyone said the same about the emirates when it was built.
Georgee Paris

Postby dodger on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:10 am

Not saying it isn’t nice, but apart from the kop stand it looks pretty much like the Emirates to me.
dodger

Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Postby WCpete on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:50 am

True, but one could box the keeper's ears from that kop. It's right on top of the by line. Very nice.
WCpete

Postby Pob! on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:54 am

Nothing that special to be fair. Looks like Le' Arse and every other new modern day stadium built in the last 15 years.

The fact that it's a football stadium is a plus but that's it.
Pob!

Postby IronworksDave on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:28 am

Pob! wrote:Nothing that special to be fair. Looks like Le' Arse and every other new modern day stadium built in the last 15 years.

The fact that it's a football stadium is a plus but that's it.

Pretty much all football stadiums look the same to a degree ... just wish we had one ...........
IronworksDave

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am

just what we need fans close to the pitch ! proper stadium full of spuds !

meanwhile we have the dust bowl. brady said other clubs would be envious of us ? haven't heard that so far and never will. we all know its not fit for football and wont be until it is bought. doubt our lot will though unless khan gives it away for 50m. then they could sell in 5 years the whole club for 600m .

Red Bull West Ham ?
Chinese hammers ?
American hammers ?
Arab hammers?

those are the options and out of them all would rather have the first one.They are doing well with leipzig and salsburg.
hammerman11

Previous

Return to General Discussion