Hammers On Loan 2018/19

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Hammers On Loan 2018/19

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:18 am

Here’s a link to last season’s thread: Hammers on Loan 2017/18

I'll keep this OP updated with all the stats for our players out on loan this season.

2018/19 Loans:

Marcus Browne - Oxford United League 1 : 24th July - end of season
Appearances: 11(5) - includes FA Cup: 1 / EFL Cup: 1 / EFL Trophy: 1(1)
Goals: 4 - includes EFL Cup: 1 / EFL Trophy: 1
Assists: 1
Yellow Cards: 3
MotM: 1

Martin Samuelsen - VVV Venlo Dutch Eredivisie : 25th July - end of season
Appearances: 7(2) - includes KNVB Cup: 2
Goals: 2 - includes KNVB Cup: 2
Man of the Match: 1 - includes KNVB Cup: 1

Sead Haksabanovic - Málaga CF Spanish Segunda División : 6th August - end of season
Appearances: 0
Goals: 0

Jordan Hugill - Middlesbrough Championship : 8th August - end of season
Appearances: 8(4) - includes EFL Cup: 2
Goals: 3 - includes EFL Cup: 1
Assists: 1
MotM: 1 - includes EFL Cup: 1
Yellow Cards: 1

Sam Byram - Nottingham Forest Championship : 10th August - end of season
Appearances: 3 - includes EFL Cup: 2
Assists: 1 - includes EFL Cup: 1
Yellow Cards: 1 - includes EFL Cup: 1

Toni Martinez - Rayo Majadahonda Spanish Segunda División : 13th August - end of season
Appearances: 4(7) - includes CdR: 2
Goals: 1

Edimilson Fernandes - Fiorentina Italian Serie A : 13th August - end of season
Appearances: 6(5)

Josh Cullen - Charlton League 1 : 31st August - end of season
Appearances: 11
Assists: 3
Last edited by LeonRivers on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 40 times in total.
LeonRivers

Re: Hammers On Loan 2018/19

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:29 am

Self-proclaimed former ‘nuisance’ Marcus Browne aims for experience at Oxford to break into Manuel Pellegrini’s West Ham team

WHEN Marcus Browne arrived at West Ham as an eight-year-old prospect, the other kids' parents made the usual inquiries. "What's your name?" they cooed. "What position do you play?" they enquired. But most important: "What team do you support?" Arsenal, to them, was not the right answer for a boy wearing the famous claret and blue. "They said you can't be at West Ham and be supporting Arsenal, you've got to support West Ham," Browne told SunSport. “Gradually, I became a fan. I got moulded into a West Ham fan."

But for the next 12 months the 20-year-old will form a new allegiance after signing a season-long loan deal at Oxford United on Tuesday. After an arduous eight-month injury lay-off, Browne is determined to get experience in the Football League before returning to the London Stadium to fight for a place in Manuel Pellegrini's team. "I feel like it's important at my age that I get league games so I wanted to go on loan," Browne said. "The club would agree it's probably important that I do go out and get some valuable experience and some league games under my belt, come back stronger and more experienced, ready to play for the gaffer."

Despite the short amount of time since Pellegrini's surprise appointment at West Ham, Browne - like the rest of the squad - had a one-to-one meeting with the former Man City boss. It took place in the Swiss Alps as Pellegrini took the team on an intensive pre-season training camp. "He was good to be fair," Browne, who won the 2016 U21 Premier League Cup, said. "He would spend time chatting to us young boys, getting a feel for us, and he made it clear his door was always open and anyone is welcome to go in and have a chat about whatever really."

Browne, whose boyhood hero was Ronaldinho, is highly-rated at West Ham. He has spent 12 years developing through the club, but had an impressive CV even before he arrived. As a youngster growing up in the shadows of Canary Wharf's skyscrapers, Browne represented the highly-respected Senrab. He was already treading the same path as the likes of John Terry, Jermain Defoe, Sol Campbell and Ledley King. But Browne's first visit to the club's Wanstead Flats HQ was not to get involved in training. In fact, he had only just learnt to walk. "My older brother played for Senrab," he explained. "My mum would watch him and bring me along. I was just a little kid and ended up getting a ball and wandering off on my own. "When I got old enough my mum squeezed me in at Senrab as well. "From there, I was playing a Sunday league match when a West Ham scout was at one of my games. He spoke to my mum and said he wanted me to come and train with the boys, get a feel for it. "Obviously I jumped at it." There was a familiar face at West Ham when he arrived. Senrab founder Jimmy Tindall worked as a youth development officer at the club, and he helped Browne keep his discipline. “He looked after me because I used to be a little nuisance. I used to get into trouble a bit and be a little you-know-what," Browne said. "He used to look after me and give me a slap on the back of the head if I was naughty, but he was really good to me. "In school you start to mature and become a teenager and I wasn't too bad then, it was probably a little younger than that. "I liked to get into mischief but now I've grown out of it, I've matured and on the straight-and-narrow."

Browne's road more recently has simply been one leading him to recovery. Having joined Wigan on a six-month loan deal in January 2017, the midfielder got injured and ended up being out for almost a year. "I developed tendinitis in my knee which went on for about five months," Browne said. "Towards the end of that I felt like it was under control. But when I was coming back, literally in the first couple of games, my back just went 'no' and I was out for three months. "All-in-all I was out for about eight months, which was a bit of a bugger because it stopped me going on loan as I was injured during the window which was a pain. "I just wanted to get back fit, that was my main thing. I wasn't worried about loans, I wanted to get my head down and get working again. "I feel like I'm at a stage where my injuries are under control. They are manageable and I'm ready to get going." And should the next year go well, Browne may change his allegiance once again.

Link to story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -west-ham/
LeonRivers

Postby e17 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:32 am

Enjoy these threads a lot Leon :thup:
e17

Postby Loftyhammer on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Me too...appreciate it also takes a lot of updating.....cheers Leon :thup:
Loftyhammer

Postby hammerleroy on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:04 am

Surely Samuelsen's season-long loan to Venlo means that's the last we'll see of him I suppose?
hammerleroy

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

hammerleroy wrote:Surely Samuelsen's season-long loan to Venlo means that's the last we'll see of him I suppose?

I had missed that!

Samuelsen goes on season-long loan to VVV-Venlo

Martin Samuelsen has joined Dutch Eredivisie side VVV-Venlo on a season-long loan. The Norway winger will head to the Seacon Stadion hoping to boost the fortunes of a Venlo squad who finished 15th in the table last season, four points above Roda JC Kerkrade in the final relegation place.

Samuelsen, 21, has previously spent time on loan at Peterborough United, Blackburn Rovers and, in the second half of last season, Championship club Burton Albion. He made his sole appearance for West Ham in a UEFA Europa League qualifier against Maltese side Birkirkara in July 2015.

Capped three times by his country, the Haugesund-born wideman made his Norway debut against Iceland in June 2016 and netted his maiden international goal against San Marino in October of the same year.

Venlo has a reputation for nurturing outstanding young players, with Japan great Keisuke Honda also joining the club at the age of 21 before going on to enjoy success with AC Milan. Honda’s Japan teammate Maya Yoshida, Nigeria forward Ahmed Musa, Morocco midfielder Nordin Amrabat and the late West Ham striker Jeroen Boere also spent the early part of their career with the club.

In October 2015, West Ham’s Academy agreed to co-operate with the Limburg-based club which would see talented players exchanged between the two, while the Hammers also sent a Development Squad to face Venlo in a friendly in the summer of 2016

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... mPBmXGc.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LeonRivers

Postby StackerJJ on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Love this thread Leon, thanks for doing this for all us lazy buggers. :thup:
StackerJJ

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:37 pm

StackerJJ wrote:Love this thread Leon, thanks for doing this for all us lazy buggers. :thup:

Agreed

This, Assists, and Remo's Goals, are the threads the keep the season ticking over.
prophet:marginal

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Samuelsen played and scored in a friendly vs Werder Bremen earlier :thup:
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 am

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Samuelsen played and scored in a friendly vs Werder Bremen earlier :thup:

Nice.

Browne missed all of Oxford’s pre season. He wasn’t involved on Friday, apparently because it “came too soon for him, having only just joined”. He does not appear to be in contention to play for their U23s tonight.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Opening Weekend Fixtures:

Marcus Browne

Not in squad

Next Match: Sat 11th August vs Fleetwood (h)

Martin Samuelsen

Next Match: Sat 11th August vs Willem II (a)

Sead Haksabanovic

Next Match: Sat 18th August vs Lugo (a)

All stats will be kept updated in the OP
Last edited by LeonRivers on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Sounds like Samuelsen assisted Venlo’s final goal of pre-season...

Kort na de hervatting tikte Susic op aangeven van Samuelsen de 2-0 binnen. VVV leunde daarop achterover en serieuze kansen bleven uit.

Shortly after the resumption, Susic tapped the 2-0 on Samuelsen's request. VVV then leaned back and serious chances remained.“
LeonRivers

Postby WH_Olympic on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm

One of my favourite threads.
I'm sure there are quite a few of us interested to see how Haksabanovic does at Malaga :scarfer:
Looks like a good move for all potentially...

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/august/06-august/sead-haksabanovic-joins-malaga-season-long-loan
WH_Olympic

Postby continental skills on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 pm

LeonRivers wrote:Kort na de hervatting tikte Susic op aangeven van Samuelsen de 2-0 binnen. VVV leunde daarop achterover en serieuze kansen bleven uit.

Shortly after the resumption, Susic tapped the 2-0 on Samuelsen's request. VVV then leaned back and serious chances remained.“

One of my favourite threads anyway, but looks as if it could be even more fun this season with all the bizarre translations from Dutch and Spanish!
Thanks for all of it, Leon!
continental skills

Postby Ted Fenton on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Thanks Leon, always read this thread.
Malaga are my local club.
Ted Fenton

Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Ted Fenton wrote:Malaga are my local club.

Ooh, nice. You can be our dedicated Samuelsen correspondent. :D
LeonRivers

Postby thejackhammer on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 am

Bit harsh making him watch Dutch football, it would be much easier for him to watch Haksabanovic.
thejackhammer

Postby LeonRivers on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:02 pm

thejackhammer wrote:Bit harsh making him watch Dutch football, it would be much easier for him to watch Haksabanovic.

:lol:
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 am

Weekend Fixtures:

Marcus Browne

Marcus made his Oxford debut, coming on for the final 24 minutes as oxford lost 2-0 at home to Fleetwood. He was cautioned immediately after his introduction for a late challenge.

MATCH REPORT:
"Oxford chased the game, with Marcus Browne coming on for his debut for the final 25 minutes or so. The on-loan West Ham forward's first action earned a booking before he had touched the ball - United's first yellow card of the season - but that at least signalled a bit of passion as the U's tried to raise the tempo and the visitors tried to slow things down."

Next Match: Tues 14th August vs Coventry (h) - EFL Cup 1st Round

Martin Samuelsen

Wearing #7, Martin made his VVV debut; playing 83 minutes in a 1-0 away win at Willem II.

LIVE [translated] TEXT:

2' Samuelsen did not hit the ball well. [this was from a poor free kick routine]
13' Samuelsen with an action, Lewis pushes. Free kick.
16' Violation on Samuelsen.
80' Samuelsen is injured on the ground.
83' Samuelsen is out at VVV, Van Bruggen in it.

Next Match: Sat 18th August vs Ajax (h)

Sead Haksabanovic

Next Match: Sat 18th August vs Lugo (a)

Jordan Hugill

not in squad

Next Match: Tues 14th August vs Notts County (h) - EFL Cup 1st Round

Sam Byram

not in squad

Next Match: Tues 14th August vs Bury (h) - EFL Cup 1st Round

All stats will be kept updated in the OP
LeonRivers