Hammers On Loan 2018/19

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers On Loan 2018/19

Postby Bamber Gascoigne on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:53 am

Excellent work Leon :thup:
Bamber Gascoigne

Postby Vic_Watson on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:44 pm

What happened to Reece Oxford? Did we sell him?
Vic_Watson

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Cheers guys. :thup:

@Cuenca: Now I’ve got internet up and running in my new gaff I’m gonna look into what’s going on with Sead. whoscored don’t have any data on the younger squads at Malaga.
LeonRivers

Postby Vic_Watson on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Vic_Watson wrote:What happened to Reece Oxford? Did we sell him?

In fact he's back in the fold. Wearing Mooro's No.6 shirt, he gave a penalty away v Chelsea in the U23 match today.
Vic_Watson

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm

LeonRivers wrote:Cheers guys. :thup:

@Cuenca: Now I’ve got internet up and running in my new gaff I’m gonna look into what’s going on with Sead. whoscored don’t have any data on the younger squads at Malaga.

cheers Leon...lauded on here naturally enough going to Malaga but doesn't seem to be involved in the first team according to your stats.

Might as well be here, playing for the u-23's could have gotten some time in the Maccelsfield game I would have thought.......

:thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:05 pm

West Ham provide update on Sam Byram after his injury with Nottingham Forest

The 24-year-old joined the Reds on what was set to be a season-long loan last month. However, Byram suffered a knee injury in the 3-1 Carabao Cup win over Newcastle United a fortnight ago and limped off the City Ground pitch with just 39 minutes gone. It was only his third appearance in the Garibaldi, having previously featured against Bury in the same competition and in the 2-2 draw with Birmingham City in the Championship.

“Sam Byram had surgery this week after his incident on loan with Nottingham Forest,” said West Ham’s head of medical, Richard Collinge. “He had surgery on Monday which went to the consultant’s liking.”

There is still no news on how long the full-back is likely to be sidelined for, however. Forest boss Aitor Karanka had previously said he was hopeful the player would not be out of action for the rest of the campaign. “I do not think – and hope – that it is not a long injury,” Karanka has said. “I am not a doctor, but my feeling is that while he is not going to be back in a week or 10 days, we do not think it is not going to be six, seven or eight months either. I hope that is the case at least.”

The Reds have since brought in Saidy Janko on loan from Porto, to provide cover and competition for Tendayi Darikwa at right-back.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm

Weekend Fixtures:

Marcus Browne

not in squad (knee injury)

Next Match: Tues 25th September vs Manchester City (h) - EFL Cup 3rd Round

Martin Samuelsen

Martin played the final minute as Venlo won 3-0 against ten-man NAC Breda.

Next Match: Tues 25th September vs Westlandia (a) - KNVB Cup

Sead Haksabanovic

not in squad

Next Match: Sun 30th September vs Rayo Majadahonda (h)

Jordan Hugill

In midweek, Jordan played the full match (his first league start) as Middlesbrough went second with a 2-0 win over Bolton. He assisted the opening goal.

LIVE TWEETS:

20: Boro want a penalty as Jordan Hugill gets inside his man and goes to ground. The referee isn't interested.
34: A mix-up in the Bolton backline - Jordan Hugill is onto it like a shot and tees up George Saville for his first Boro goal!
45: Another Boro chance in time added on but Ryan Shotton's cross is just behind Jordan Hugill and the striker's header is wayward
83: Space opening up on the break for Boro but JordanbHugill can't get enough bend on his side-footed strike to beat Ben Alnwick

Yesterday, Jordan played 21 minutes as Boro drew 0-0 with Swansea. He was cautioned deep into injury time as Boro chased a winning goal.

Next Match: Tues 25th September vs Preston (a)

Sam Byram

not in squad (injury)

Next Match: med-long term injury

Toni Martinez

unused sub

Next Match: Sun 30th September vs Malaga (a)

Edimilson Fernandes

Edi played the full match in midweek as Fiorentina drew 1-1 at Sampdoria. He completed 15 of his 20 passes (75%), made 2 successful passes and earned a rating of 6.33.

He was an unused sub in yesterday's 3-0 victory over SPAL.

Next Match: Tues 25th September vs Internazionale (a)

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Charlton came from behind to win 2-1 at home to Plymouth.

LIVE TWEETS:

5' Page is bundled over wide left. Cullen will have the opportunity to swing the ball into the box from the free-kick...
44' Cullen breaks up a Plymouth attack on the edge of the box brilliantly.
69' Cullen's potshot from range is off target.

Next Match: Sat 29th September vs Luton (a)

All stats will be kept updated in the OP
Last edited by LeonRivers on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:39 pm

LeonRivers wrote:Cheers guys. :thup:

Managed to pull up the first team squad and he's listed there...

no appearances under the data of course...

can't seem to figure out how to get details of the other teams, only lists the Academy and the second team I presume but I again, can't figure out how to find line ups etc...

and as you so correctly point out, he's not in the match day squads at all..

strange move this then.....

:?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Midweek Fixtures:

Marcus Browne

Next Match: Sat 29th September vs Wimbledon (a)

Martin Samuelsen

Martin was named man of the match as Venlo won 3-0 at third-division Westlandia, scoring in each half - his first goals for the club. The first was a beautiful curler from outside the box. The second a tap-in at the far post after a corner evaded everyone.

[translated] MATCH REPORT:
" It was a strange thing to have to play on a Tuesday evening. In addition, VVV started with a number of players who are not in the base in the Eredivisie matches. Nevertheless, VVV-Venlo was a lot stronger of Westlandia with especially a strong Martin Samuelsen. He was also the creator of the first two goals, but they said that they came about only after 6 different attempts. The 0-1 was a brilliant bang out of 16 and that went straight to the cross. Samuelsen's second goal was a lot less beautiful, but he was well against a cross, after everyone missed him. For example, after an hour of play it was 0-2 for the Venlo-team. Sovereign."

HIGHLIGHTS: https://www.zerozero.pt/video.php?id=927317

Next Match: Sat 29th September vs Excelsior (a)

Jordan Hugill

not in squad (presumably rested)

Next Match: Sat 29th September vs Hull (a)

Edimilson Fernandes

Edi played 64 minutes as Fiorentina lost 2-1 at Inter. He was withdrawn with the score at 1-1 after a caution in first-half stopage-time. He completed 18 of his 23 passes (78%), but was dispossessed 3 times.

Next Match: Sun 30th September vs Atalanta (h)

LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Latest Fixtures:

Marcus Browne

Next Match: Sat 6th October vs Southend (a)

Martin Samuelsen

Martin played the final 11 minutes as Venlo lost 1-0 against ten-man Excelsior. He completed 3/3 passes and was awarded a final match rating of 5.9 by whoscored.com.

Next Match: Sat 6th October vs PSV Eindhoven (a)

Sead Haksabanovic

not in squad

Next Match: Sun 7th October vs Deportivo La Coruna (a)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played 76 minutes as Middlesbrough drew 1-1 at Hull.

LIVE TWEETS:

20: Boro's best move of the match as we move quickly through the pitch. George Saville then Jordan Hugill with smart passes and Britt Assombalonga curls wide

He played 65 minutes in midweek as Middlesbrough won 2-0 at Ipswich.

64: Boro back on the offensive. Hints of a push as Jordan Hugill tries to latch on to Jonny Howson's cross, then George Friend rifles wide from a tight angle
65: Jordan Hugill's last action is to send another shot just wide. Great shift from the forward, now Britt Assombalonga's time to shine.

Next Match: Sat 6th October vs Nottingham Forest (h)

Sam Byram

not in squad (injury)

Toni Martinez

Toni played 17 minutes as Rayo lost 1-0 at Malaga.

Next Match: Mon 8th October vs Sporting Gijon (a)

Edimilson Fernandes

Edi played 57 minutes as a sub as Fiorentina beat Atalanta 2-0. He had one blocked shot, completed a disappointing 11 of 18 passes (61%) and earned a rating of 6.28. He was cautioned in stoppage time.

LIVE TEXT:

33' Substitution for Fiorentina. Edimilson Fernandes replaces Marco Benassi because of an injury.
43' Attempt blocked. Edimilson Fernandes right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Marko Pjaca.
90+2 Foul by Edimilson Fernandes.
90+2 Edimilson Fernandes is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

Next Match: Sun 7th October vs Lazio (a)

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Charlton left it very late to draw 2-2 at Luton and extend their unbeaten run to 6. He was booked in the second half for a foul on former team-mate Elliot Lee.

LIVE TWEETS:

72' The corner comes to nothing as Fosu tricks his way out of the corner and Cullen wins a free-kick.
78' Cullen booked for a foul on Lee.

He then played in midweek as Chalrton's unbeaten run was ended with a 3-5 defeat to in-form Scunthorpe. His corner lead to Charlton's first goal.

LIVE TEXT:

18' Sarr headed a Cullen corner back into the danger zone and Taylor rose highest to nod home!
42' Cullen sends a free-kick into the box and Alnwick punches it clear.

Next Match: Sat 6th October vs Coventry (h)

LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Josh Cullen is the star of Saturday’s official matchday programme when Coventry City visit The Valley on Saturday.

The midfielder, on loan from West Ham United, has enjoyed a bright start to life in SE7 and he features as the main interview in which he discusses how his previous loan spells in League One serve as motivation to achieve promotion this time round and how he is learning off his new manager, Lee Bowyer.

Full Story: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bb756 ... f-coventry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LeonRivers

Postby thejackhammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Is Browne injures? His minutes appear to have dried up completely.
thejackhammer

Postby k-r-c on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 pm

thejackhammer wrote:Is Browne injures? His minutes appear to have dried up completely.

Going by the post above which says...

Marcus Browne

I would guess yes :lol:
k-r-c

Postby thejackhammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:40 pm

k-r-c wrote:
Going by the post above which says...

Marcus Browne

I would guess yes :

Well excuse me for not reading properly :lol:
thejackhammer

Postby Loftyhammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Haks getting no minutes either....Ex referenced financial issues at the club he’s at is the cause..is that common knowledge ?
Loftyhammer

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Loftyhammer wrote:Haks getting no minutes either....Ex referenced financial issues at the club he’s at is the cause..is that common knowledge ?

There is talk on the forums about the Qatari sheikh owner buying player/players against the managers wishes, despite FFP being an issue.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Latest Fixtures:

Marcus Browne

Marcus returned from injury to play 16 minutes in the Checkatrade Trophy as Oxford Utd lost 2-1 to Northampton Town.

LIVE TWEETS:

74' SUBS for United: James Henry is replaced by Marcus Browne and Jamie Hanson goes off for Jon Obika.
89' Browne picks up the ball on the left, cuts inside and his venomous drive goes wide of the far post.

Next Match: Sat 13th October vs Plymouth (h)

Martin Samuelsen

unused sub

Next Match: Sun 21st October vs Den Haag (a)

Sead Haksabanovic

not in squad

Next Match: Fri 12th October vs Albacete (h)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played 60 minutes as Middlesbrough lost 0-2 at home to Nottingham Forest. He left the field between the two goals.

Next Match: Fri 19th October vs Sheffield Weds (a)

Sam Byram

not in squad (injury)

Toni Martinez

unused sub

Next Match: Sun 14th October vs Real Oviedo (a)

Edimilson Fernandes

Edi was introduced at half-time as Fiorentina lost 1-0 at Lazio. He completed 27/33 passes (82%), won 1 tackle and 2 aerial duels. He was awarded a match rating of 6.23.

LIVE TEXT:

45' Substitution, Fiorentina. Edimilson Fernandes replaces Marco Benassi.
55' Hand ball by Edimilson Fernandes.
63' Corner, Lazio. Conceded by Edimilson Fernandes.
79' Foul by Edimilson Fernandes.

Next Match: Sun 21st October vs Cagliari (h)

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Charlton lost 2-1 at home to Coventry.

LIVE TWEETS:

67' Charlton break as Cullen finds Grant who bounds into the box, but sees his effort blocked.

He was not involved in the midweek Checkatrade Trophy match as Charlton rewrote history with their biggest ever win, an 8-0 success at Stevenage.

Next Match: Sat 20th October vs Barnsley (a)

LeonRivers

Postby TeddyThePug on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm

I thought Sead H has looked good whenever I've seen him. Strange he's out of the picture currently. I'd like to see him back like someone else said in the U23s and playing in the cup games etc. He's always looked quite tidy when I've seen him.
TeddyThePug

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:42 pm

not accomplishing anything there that he couldn't I imagine do here.

the under 18's put out 3 schoolkids the other day iirc, due to the u-23's training with the first team squad and the u-18's supplementing the u-23 squad.

he could help out plus Pellers get a proper look, or maybe he has had and there isn't any future here for him.

but he's hardly being put in the shop window out there is he ? if he's not getting game time, they probably ain't interested in buying him so Shirley he's be better off here with us or with a Fizzy/League 1/League 2 outfit with a view to moving on.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Malaga coach comments on struggling West Ham loanee Sead Haksabanovic

Sead Haksabanovic impressed for Premier League outfit West Ham United in pre-season but Manuel Pellegrini sent him to Malaga. The Montenegrin international failed to make a single Premier League appearance in his debut season last year since his £2.7 million move from Halmstad. But, after starring over the summer, many West Ham fans were hoping that the 19-year-old would be handed his chance to impress by Manuel Pellegrini. But the veteran Chilean obviously believed that Haksabanovic was better off elsewhere. According to Marca, Pellegrini was the driving force behind the attacker joining his former club Malaga on loan. Not that the teenager has made the impact West Ham would have hoped for in the Spanish second tier. Haksabanovic has not been included in a single match-day squad since moving to Malaga.

And, according to El Desmarque, Haksabanovic has rejected the chance to link up with Montenegro over the international break in order to win over Malaga manager Juan Muniz – a decision that has impressed the 49-year-old. “Everyone likes to play for the (international team). He has taken a step forward in his adaptation,” Muniz said. Malaga have impressed in the absence of Haksabanovic, however, sitting top of Spain’s second tier with six victories out of eight. So why change a winning formula?

Full Story Here: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/12/do ... sead-haks/
LeonRivers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion