Domingos Quina?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Domingos Quina?

Postby Hayden on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am

Barcelona sent scouts to a tournament. His agent spun that into them scouting Quina. If they were interested he would not have gone to Watford that’s the reality. His agent is poison and I don’t want him representing anyone at our club so good riddance to him and hopefully Oxford is off to Germany to put an end to all this. I still think Quina lacks the attributes to excel in the Premier League. Another who has excelled at boys football but would struggle to adapt (see Sears, Hall, Montano etc). I guess we’ll see what with him going to Watford to play (not for money)!
Hayden

Postby Shy Ted on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am

I think Pellegrini had a look at Quina and thought,

Xande Silva is better.
Shy Ted

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am

Good luck to him, but I have a suspicion that he won't make it to be a top player.
somerset-hammer

Postby szola on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:04 am

I'm very pleased he is gone. Hopefully Oxford can be sold off as well.
We don't need the type of agent they've got.
Plenty more fish in the sea.
szola

Postby The Gibbins on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 am

With his age and all the hype you would have expected him to play a bit more and have threatened for a first team place by now. I get some people develop a bit later but it sounds like its all hype with no real substance.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby davids cross on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:48 am

Been like a smelly fart hanging around the place at a bit of a distance.

Good Luck though, probably not the players fault.

All a bit strange.
davids cross

Postby Simply Moore on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:53 am

Agree with the general sentiment on here, feels like it was the right thing to do for all involved.

He seems to me the sort of player who will have the odd good game but he isn't going to make it in the top flight. Hope for his sake I'm wrong and he makes a real fist of it. I'd be surprised however if he played more than half a dozen games for Watford this season.
Simply Moore

Postby mumbles87 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 am

The next Oscar borg
mumbles87

Postby nitramad on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am

Seem to recall Savio Nsereko was named player of the tournament in the U19 European Championships. Youth talent is no guarantee of future success. Domingos might have technical ability, but hasn't really grasped the opportunities he has been given. Several other youth players are ahead of him.
This continual swapping clubs and claiming he should be a first teamer sounds like he's blaming others for his lack of progress. Probably needs to look in a mirror. I wonder if he has the mental resilience to be a success.
nitramad

Postby BromleyHammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:30 am

If he was that good and a "wonderkid" he would be starting for us and being touted with a move to a much bigger club. The fact is he has just signed for....Watford.
BromleyHammer

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am

watford will farm him out to italy
chigwells finest

Postby mushy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:51 am

Everyone blaming the agent.
Always seems a bit of a cop out to.me, where the agent done exactly and how do.we.know?

For me he doesn't have the physicality for the Prem, he didn't when he was 16 and he hasn't changed since.
If you have his build you need exceptional talent to succeed. Have seen no evidence whatsoever of this talent.
mushy

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 am

he is only 18 so has time but needs to bulk up and knuckle down at Watford.will watch his progress but I cant see him doing much based on what we have seen so far.
the club did the right thing in selling him for just 1m as out of contract next year and would leave on a free. also we don't need any bad eggs in the camp.

if he does well he can move to a bigger club in a few years, I would welcome him back if that is the case.

need to shift oxford as well
hammerman11

Postby Ozza on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:22 am

Who says he’s a bad egg, where did that come from?
Ozza

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 am

not signing a contract and wanting a move to a bigger club etc. most by his agent I know.

he is privileged to be earning the amunts he does for playing the game.

he is 18 and should have signed for another 2 years to try and make it under Pellegrini.

going to Watford is a downward step, next stop will be championship if he is not careful.
hammerman11

Postby mushy on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:02 am

hammerman11 wrote:not signing a contract and wanting a move to a bigger club etc. most by his agent I know.

How do you know?
I repeat, all this blaming the agent stuff makes me laugh. It's as if the players don't have minds of their own.
Players employ agents to get them better deals.
He has got a better deal at Watford.
mushy

Postby GaryP on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 am

mushy wrote:[How do you know?
I repeat, all this blaming the agent stuff makes me laugh. It's as if the players don't have minds of their own.
Players employ agents to get them better deals.
He has got a better deal at Watford.

Ward has a well earned reputation. Funny how players with him move around a lot and always in wanting money for this that and the other. Some agents are considerably better than others.

Some players, as in all walks of life, are as thick as pigshit. They will hang on to every word these scrotes say and are young and impressionable.
GaryP

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 pm

hammerman11 wrote:not signing a contract and wanting a move to a bigger club etc. most by his agent I know.

he is privileged to be earning the amunts he does for playing the game.

he is 18 and should have signed for another 2 years to try and make it under Pellegrini.

going to Watford is a downward step, next stop will be championship if he is not careful.

why should he have signed a new contract with us?

maybe he thinks Watford is better for his career, same as Oxford thinks Germany will be

Just because someone wants to leave West Ham doesn't automatically mean they are money grabbing, mercenary, badly advised etc
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby shortofbrillant on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:16 pm

My main thoughts on this are:

1) The manager did not rate him so he moved him on, which in my eyes is the right thing to do. We should not be holding on to players that we will not give a chance to especially when their is money to be had in a transfer.

2) The agent made money off this move, but he also may have gotten Quina to a better set up. The state of our training ground is one reason that an agent would be looking to have their client move away from West Ham. Since our training ground is so poor, I have a hard time believing that our development set up is any better.
shortofbrillant

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Let's see if he makes their match day squad(s)..my guess is the under 23's only.....

as an aside, has Terry Westley gone as well ?? (not to Watford obviously)
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion