Carlos Sanchez

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Carlos Sanchez

Postby Billydinho on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:45 am

I mean I wish him the best of luck but this geezer is utter garbage.

However I'd like to think he's a back up and is a signing for squad stability than anything else.

I'd rather Rice assumed that role, like Dier did for spurs.
Billydinho

Postby TheHandOfDog on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:32 am

Really looking forward to seeing him crunch some players i dont like, James Mccarthy, Dele Ali and Pogba, purely because of the dab.
TheHandOfDog

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 am

Pellegrini and his team want him and he will be wearing the shirt. 100% support from me.

welcome to our great club carlos

COYI
hammerman11

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am

Sounds like a bit of a Norman Hunter/Chopper Harris player - dirty* ... Dirty Sanchez.

I think we should have a guess as to who will do the most rolls on the ground after being tackled by him ... name the player and the number of rolls ...I’ll open with Dele Alli and 6.5.

*but our ‘dirty’
pablo jaye

Postby Ozza on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:33 am

Welcome to the club Carlos
Ozza

Postby Burnley Hammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

He'll do. Obviously we'd have all liked a young expensive and highly rated defensive midfielder, but at the same time, we all want Rice to get first team opportunities and develop.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby Rasp on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am

hammerman11 wrote:Pellegrini and his team want him and he will be wearing the shirt. 100% support from me.

welcome to our great club carlos

COYI

X2 Well said
Rasp

Postby Ozza on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am

Exactly Burnley, now let’s Declan signed on a new contract
Ozza

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:47 am

Ozza wrote:Exactly Burnley, now let’s Declan signed on a new contract

Potentially one of the most important signings, we could make.
somerset-hammer

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:56 am

He'll do things our other players won't do, and he'll do them well.

Reminds me of your mum.
Monkeybubbles

Postby Briggsy on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 am

At least we have a defensive midfielder now he won't mind hacking someone down on the counter attack, rather then just letting them stroll past!
Briggsy

Postby funky chicken on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am

I am personally not happy with this signing. But like every new player he will 100% get my backing :thup:

People can argue this was Pellegrini and Husillos' choice. But another way to look at it is:

- Was Sanchez their number 1 choice for the midfield position?
- Or was Sanchez Peller's only number 1 choice as Sully refused to spend decent money on 1. Thus selected the best 'cheapie' they could find?

Perhaps one of the ITK's can elaborate. But knowing what Sully is like I bet I know which option it was.
funky chicken

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

funky chicken wrote:I am personally not happy with this signing. But like every new player he will 100% get my backing :thup:

People can argue this was Pellegrini and Husillos' choice. But another way to look at it is:

- Was Sanchez their number 1 choice for the midfield position?
- Or was Sanchez Peller's only number 1 choice as Sully refused to spend decent money on 1. Thus selected the best 'cheapie' they could find?

Perhaps one of the ITK's can elaborate. But knowing what Sully is like I bet I know which option it was.

Still worried about this season then?
somerset-hammer

Postby woodford on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:He'll do things our other players won't do, and he'll do them well.

Reminds me of your mum.

:lol: brilliant, simple but brilliant
woodford

Postby -DL- on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 am

Well that's this season's scapegoat sorted :thup:
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Ozza on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:32 am

-DL- wrote:Well that's this season's scapegoat sorted :thup:

Naa it’ll still be noble
Ozza

Postby woodford on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 am

does seem that way doesn't it. Slated before he even signed.

There are other people , including the much lauded Dendonker, that MP could've signed but he didnt

Not expecting Messi, just want a nasty ****** that we havent had since Kevin Nolan. We need a niggly pest.

So many times over the last 2 years its felt like a training match when teams play us. Not just the Man City type games, but some lesser opponents as well. If we'd have had someone prepared to put it about a bit , maybe the misery wouldnt be so intense and we'd may have sneaked a few more points
woodford

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:36 am

I think he'll be a cult hero by the end of the season.

Probably after he breaks Dele Alli in two, saves a goal bound Kane strike off the line with his face, and once we win that game at the new Spurs stadium, he grabs a corner flag and plants it in the center circle, taking on pitch invaders single handed.
somerset-hammer

Postby funky chicken on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am

somerset-hammer wrote:Still worried about this season then?

Absolutely. We have practically the same central midfield that very nearly relegated us last season. And 2 out of our 3 centre halves have never played in this country before.

I personally don't understand anyone that is turning a blind eye over those facts.

Do I think we will be relegated? No as thankfully I think there is 3 worse teams than us. But do I personally think we'll do much better than last season, if at all? No.

On a positive, at least we should score a sh*t-load of goals :thup:
funky chicken

Postby Patito on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

funky chicken wrote:Absolutely. We have practically the same central midfield that very nearly relegated us last season.

Except we don't at all though do we? We've added Wilshere & Sanchez, plus Rice will predominantly play in a holding role too by all accounts.

funky chicken wrote:And 2 out of our 3 centre halves have never played in this country before.

Who would you have signed instead? Diop is built like a house and Balbuena is nicknamed The General, they're not going to struggle with the physicality.

funky chicken wrote:I personally don't understand anyone that is turning a blind eye over those facts.

You mean 1 lie + 1 fact?

funky chicken wrote:Do I think we will be relegated? No as thankfully I think there is 3 worse teams than us. But do I personally think we'll do much better than last season, if at all? No.

Fair enough, I'll be looking forward to bringing up your prediction come the end of the season.

funky chicken wrote:On a positive, at least we should score a sh*t-load of goals :thup:

Hopefully.
Patito

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion