Everton 1-3 West Ham Utd (16/09/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

3Dicks
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread (16/9)

Post by 3Dicks »

It was a performance more in line with how we played Vs. Arsenal than against Wolves. An excellent end result and a very welcome 3 points but Everton had a number of very good chances, but for better finishing it could quite easily have finished 3-3.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

frankiemac wrote:
full back is a seriously tricky position in this day and age...your full backs probably cover more ground than anyone...required to support the attack and have to be back to defend as well...

most teams these days have absolutely rapid wingers too...so a top quality full back is worth his weight in gold..
Yup. Spurs have two gooduns and they got an absolute chasing against Liverpool. I think we're too harsh on Masuaku and Fredericks. They're typical of the modern fullback.
Estuary
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Estuary »

A rare type of West Ham win where we got the rub of the green and took full advantage. A very impressive forward display to cap a good team performance.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3480 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Everton
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=132862
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Oh the modern football fan :lol:

"I’m considering giving up, don’t think there’s a chance for us to be competitive ever again. And realistic view is that we’re slowly heading for relegation. Pathetic board, constantly making poor personal decisions and squad full of pathetic players who’re not arsed. Recipe for a disaster. We could easily become Villa soon."
- polish
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Up the Junction wrote:The opposition view: Everton
Hard to disagree with the majority of those. They could have scored 3 or 4 and maybe would have done had Richarlerson played.

We certainly got the rub of the green but that said, we also made the most of it and took our chances.

I personally think both sides will get better week on week and be pushing 8th come May.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Oh the modern football fan
I see that a little differently.

I'm sensing a general malaise, or theme amongst fans of top flight clubs; I'm not quite sure what it all means yet but there is a definite air of dissatisfaction with the "product" we're being sold. Specifically, I think fans of those clubs who don't stand a chance of winning anything (in which you can include your West Hams and Evertons) are finally beginning to see the light.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

He is right, why i often prefer our times in the championship, we realistically are competing to be the 7th best team in the league at the moment, and to me that is pretty dull and boring.
Why non league attendance appear to be on the up as the premier league is becoming so corporate that the average fan who goes for the game has to look elsewhere
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Up the Junction wrote: there is a definite air of dissatisfaction with the "product" we're being sold
Looking at the Morgan sending off at Bournemouth and the Snodgrass yellow in this game it is fairly easy to see why people are turning their back on 'The Best League In The World'.

The game has changed so much that it is actually very hard to relate to the players now and that leads to comments such as 'they don't care or try' from the stands. That then resonates and the inevitable question of 'well if they don't care, why should we?' starts to get asked.

The vast majority of home games feel like a trip to the theatre or cinema.
Last edited by sutts07 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Had a feeling we’d win this one, we were due having the rub of the green and it certainly planned out that way. Was pleased with that performance we have some exciting players and always look like we can do something although we do look very fragile at the back.

On to Chelsea and hopefully another good performance and a further point or three on the board.

COYI
Estuary
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Estuary »

This is like football's version of the sketch with Cleese, Barker and Corbett "I look down on him" every single week and comfirm's week after week how clueless the writers.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:He is right, why i often prefer our times in the championship, we realistically are competing to be the 7th best team in the league at the moment, and to me that is pretty dull and boring.
Why non league attendance appear to be on the up as the premier league is becoming so corporate that the average fan who goes for the game has to look elsewhere
I can see future generations shunning the "big" clubs with a return to local football a better and more straightforward investment.

If either of my daughters ask me to take them to watch a game, I suspect Walton Casuals or Staines Town will be the likely destination, not the LS.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Estuary wrote: This is like football's version of the sketch with Cleese, Barker and Corbett "I look down on him" every single week and comfirm's week after week how clueless the writers.

Some strange comments on there. Reeks of arrogance. Some suggestions that many of them rate Tosun over Arnautovic. :shock:
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Sutts, it's not just this league though, it's across the top leagues, and all about protecting the flair players, and trying to get rid of "excessive force", as that muppet Carragher said yesterday, 5 years ago that tackle wouldn't be a problem
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Patito wrote:suggestions that many of them rate Tosun over Arnautovic. :shock:
Not anymore.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

sutts07 wrote:Looking at the Morgan sending off at Bournemouth and the Snodgrass yellow in this game it is fairly easy to see why people are turning their back on 'The Best League In The World'.
I think the problem is far bigger than the odd dodgy refereeing decision.

It's often been asked when the PL bubble will burst - I wonder if this might be the beginning of the end. Who, outside of the fans of the three or four clubs involved, wants to watch a league that's non-competitive and unwinnable for most participants?

I reckon that's where our Everton fan is coming from, and not simply throwing his toys of of the pram.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Up the Junction wrote:
I'm sensing a general malaise, or theme amongst fans of top flight clubs; I'm not quite sure what it all means yet but there is a definite air of dissatisfaction with the "product" we're being sold. Specifically, I think fans of those clubs who don't stand a chance of winning anything (in which you can include your West Hams and Evertons) are finally beginning to see the light.
Which is why I'm not really bothered about relegation. I'd still be watching West Ham (maybe even live) play an opposition in a much more competitive league, where everything isn't about and arranged for the darlings who bring in TV money from the other side of the world.

The sooner the corrupt ponzi scheme that is the Premier League collapses the better as far as I'm concerned. Perhaps youngsters could afford to go for pocket money prices again, like some of us did before it all went wrong. Then again, we didn't get to see players who trouser a quarter of a million pounds a week, we just saw Moore, Hurst, Peters, Brooking, Best, Charlton and the rest, all for less than a quid.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Opposition view was actually correct for the most part. That game could have been an anything score, 3-1 was actually a low scoring game compared to what it could have been. We could have got 2 more and they could have got easily 3 more. Seems to be a theme when we play away from home and I love it. We could have scored 4 at Arsenal and we have now bagged 3 at Everton which easily could have been 5 if we really took Everton to the sword.

Moving onto the dissatisfaction with a lot of fans who aren't following the bigger clubs, I think most here who have posted on it are right. Every season sky ramp up the amount of effort they put into advertising the PL and I think it is because fans over here, the real fans who go to games are losing interest and rightly so. The PL is becoming very stale for 11 teams each year, the newly promoted have a blast and the top 6 have some fun but for the rest of us it's a season of nothing after nothing. Which is why I do not want to see us playing a negative style of football, might as well play some exciting stuff, we aren't realistically going to win anything with how the PL is so prioritized right now.

But plenty more of what we saw at Arsenal and Everton and I will be a very happy fan.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Up the Junction wrote: I think the problem is far bigger than the odd dodgy refereeing decision.
Absolutely agree, was just pointing out how easy it is to find clues without even needing to scratch the surface.

The list is endless when you start to give it some thought.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Not to detract from our excellent performance and magnificent win yesterday, but I can kinda see where that guy is coming from. After all, wouldn't you be right royally ****ed off had we only got 1 measly ****ing point from home matches against Huddersfield and Everton ?