Carabao Cup fourth round draw

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Carabao Cup fourth round draw

Postby gosling67 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 pm

ammo wrote:I can't seem to get tickets atm.

Have logged in as normal as season ticket holder but it says tickets are not on general sale yet?

Maybe I shouldn't appear to be so desperate?!

If you click on "My Account" in top right corner, the dropdown panel will have "Reserved seats (1)". Click on that and it will take you through to the purchase page.
gosling67

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Just an observation last tie " oh use the cup to give the kids a run out" now it's Tottingham Hotspuds "strong team Manuel"

Hypocrites make your minds up. We are getting so Spudlike it's hard to separate the two.
Exiledin cardiff

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Just an observation last tie " oh use the cup to give the kids a run out" now it's Tottingham Hotspuds "strong team Manuel"

Hypocrites make your minds up. We are getting so Spudlike it's hard to separate the two.

Not necessarily the same people posting the two views of course ;)

We have a first team squad, all of whom should be good enough to play in the PL - so nothing wrong with playing a few that aren't in the normal starting eleven or a couple of kids against a league 1 or 2 team. We will probably still rest a couple of first eleven players against spurs but go for a stronger team than against Macclesfield.
Hampshire Hammer

Postby ammo on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Thank you Gosling, can’t remember doing that for the last round.
ammo

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Just an observation last tie " oh use the cup to give the kids a run out" now it's Tottingham Hotspuds "strong team Manuel"

People are allowed to change their opinion based on the opposition.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby westhamshares on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:25 pm

Went to buy my kids season tickets and it’s showing the seats as adults which is something I’ve noticed it States when I look at manage tickets for the kids season tickets

Anyone else have this issue ?
westhamshares

Postby bonzosbeard on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Does anyone have any idea if it would make general sale?
bonzosbeard

Postby Exiledin cardiff on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:55 pm

DD Acting
Your people are allowed to change their minds, does that apply to the board as well? As much as I don't like them surely we must give them the right to change their minds as fans have?
Exiledin cardiff

Postby Wembley1966 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm

funky chicken wrote:How's the game not been selected to be on TV? :lol:

Apart from maybe Chelsea vs Derby, just to see Fat Frank's return to Stamford Bridge, what other fixture from the draw is more exciting to be on TV than our game?

TV matches:
30 October - Burton vs Nottingham Forest
31 October - Chelsea vs Derby

Our match is being offered internationally so won't have to depend on the guy Periscoping as there will be loads of streams.
Wembley1966

Postby thejackhammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:50 am

Macclesfield. Who we beat 8-0. With 4 youth players ending the match.

We were right to play a weakened team.

Now we’re playing a team 80 places higher in the league, so we want a stronger team. Shocker. Apparently that makes us ‘Spud-Like’.

Can’t knock Noble at the moment so got to come for the fans?
thejackhammer

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:07 am

play the strongest we have as we want to win this cup and knocking spurs out would be so good.

good pricing will mean a 50k plus crowd and a famous win is what we need to keep the momentum rolling.
we play Leicester away 5.30pm on Saturday spuds play Monday night at home to city. we then play burnley at home on the Saturday afterwards. we have plenty of time to recover for all games.

Adrian

fredericks diop Balbuena cresswell
noble rice obiang
Antonio arnie Anderson

subs fab zab ogbonna masuaka Snodgrass yarmolenko Hernandez

we need to win this so keep changes to the minimum. if arnie cant make this one then antonio in his role with snodgrass/masuaka taking the wide role.

we need to win these two games against spurs .
hammerman11

Postby sutts07 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:25 am

Funny thing to highlight because a quick flick through the match thread suggests the vast majority of posters were suggesting we give the subs from the Chelsea game a run out to keep their eye in.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173020&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Against the absolute worst team in the football league, we gave a start to the 7 subs from the Cheslea game and also started Diop, Obiang and Antonio. The only kid we threw in from the start bagged two goals and played very well.

After going 6-0 up, it was great to see us give a run out to a few more of the youngsters.

The only thing Spurslike on this forum is you. The sooner you get yourself a ban the better.
sutts07

Postby steveyrockstar on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:51 am

I think Pellers got the line-ups and tactics spot-on.

We had 3 games in 7 games vs Chelsea, Maccelsfield and Man U. You field the strongest possible teams across the games in order to get the best possible results across all 3 games, which may involve dipping into the squad where necessary. Pellers achieved 2 wins and a draw, including our second highest ever victory in history. It was quite a week.

We had more than enough talented first-team squad players to get a result vs Macclesfield - as the case was proven. If we played the same XI in all 3 games, I suspect we may have struggled more against Man U.

Spurs are in the top 4 teams in the land. Absolutely Pellers will need to field his best possible XI for that game.

I don't think there's even a hint of hypocrisy. I'd call it clever and wise management.
steveyrockstar

Postby Ladzini on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:01 am

Do people expect this to go to general sale?

No longer have a season ticket and am reluctant to take up one of the many 'selling 3 spares for Tottenham in the cup' I am seeing all over Twitter.
Ladzini

Postby e17 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:15 am

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Hypocrites make your minds up. We are getting so Spudlike it's hard to separate the two.

I don’t see a single poster on the Macclesfield thread proclaiming we should play kids that is now on this one stating we should play a full team???

I’ve looked.

What is it with this theme amongst people to proclaim how much they loathe & despise other supporters on here?

Even when we have the problems we do with atmosphere etc in the new place, it’s still 2 games in a row I’ve left the ground and had random sing-songs with strangers, a joke in the stands with strangers, and yet there’s always someone on here slagging their own off.
e17

Postby arlhe on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:34 am

Bound to but I expect them to go quickly from 3.00 pm in Monday.

Just bought two for our season ticket seats in BML but aim to buy another bunch on Monday. Amazing what a couple of wins do. Very little interest before the Macclesfield game now everyone one wants to go!
arlhe

Postby Macca1973 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 am

e17, nail on head! :thup:
Macca1973

Postby simon1982 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:14 pm

Does anyone know if you can use club cash to buy your tickets for this match?
simon1982

Postby keithrobsonsbookie on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 pm

simon1982 wrote:Does anyone know if you can use club cash to buy your tickets for this match?

Apparently not ..... https://twitter.com/WestHamHelp/status/1048158811247316992?s=08
keithrobsonsbookie

Postby sutts07 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:25 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:Does anyone have any idea if it would make general sale?

Sales Dates
Priority window for Bondholders/Season Ticket Holders to purchase own seat
5pm, Thursday 4 October-11am, Monday 8 October

Season Ticket Holders/Members Sale (up to four per booking reference)
3pm, Monday 8 October

Restricted General Sale (supporters must have ticket purchase history/up to four per booking reference)
9am, Wednesday 10 October

Currently absolutely loads of seats available in pretty much every section that were on sale... I clicked into block 111 as an example of just how many blue (untaken) seats there are.
sutts07

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion