1980 FA cup reunion at Southend theatre 11th October

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: 1980 FA cup reunion at Southend theatre 11th October

Postby scottyboy71 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am

Top night and watching them all lift the cup again was the icing on the cake!
scottyboy71

Postby thick-soup on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:25 am

What a superb evening, one laugh after another!!
Bonzo, Alvin, and "Norman" :lol: still look like they could do a service!!....amazing!....
The banter was brilliant, Devo, Ray and Paul took some stick and the stories just kept on coming..........Great memories!
thick-soup

Postby bab_whu on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:03 am

Took my Dad along and we had a great evening.

Despite being too young to have seen us lift the Cup, or to have even seen any of the 1980 squad play I personally had a fantastic night. This morning however, my main emotion is jealousy...jealous of the majority of the audience that got to experience that amazing day. Hope I get to in my life time. Only wish the squad could have been there too...you could be heroes today and heroes still in 40 years! COYI
bab_whu

Postby boleyn24 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:21 am

May 10th 1980 remember that day so well like it was just yesterday, I had only been supporting the hammers for two years so to experience a cup run all the way to final as a 9 year old was unreal. Even to this day it was the most nervous I had ever been for a game, I don't think I moved off the sofa all day I couldn't wait for the game to start but in those days the cup final day build up on TV started about 9am in the morning. I do feel sorry for our fans who never got the chance to experience a day like that but hopefully under MP that day will arrive sometime soon!!!!!!
boleyn24

Postby BondsoBob on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:29 pm

I do hope that that is just a very bad photo as they all look very, very old and first impressions were that the front row were all in wheelchairs ! :cry:
BondsoBob

Postby NorthernIron on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Can only add to the above, a top night with all the guys on form. I hope Frank Lampard is ok.

Some of those stories.... :lol:
NorthernIron

Postby Col Hammer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 pm

Bloody brilliant night, they really seem like they all get on really well still, just can't imagine the current crop of modern day footballer doing this sort of thing 30 odd years later!

Hats off to Tony Gale, he really is good at these nights, and translating for Tonka was top class :lol:

Only down side was only Paul Allen, Phil Parkes and David Cross stayed behind doing some autographs, bit disappointed for my old man as he had his cup final programme and was hoping to get a few more autographs in there!

Top top night though, would recommend these to anyone if the future, regardless of age as the stories are just fantastic
Col Hammer

Postby peter49uk on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Well thought we should have the winner.....Oh I'm somewhere just above Trev's shoulder, great day out :thup:
peter49uk

Postby Oldun on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:29 am

One thing that made me laugh was watching the security man ,who was looking after the FA cup,****ting his self as the players passed the cup around,
The sad thing about it was not being allowed to put claret & blue ribbons on it ,because of Emirates sponsorship ribbons had to be on instead
Oldun

Postby Boleynkid on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm

I am not sure if this will be the last of these shows but I am pleased to hear that everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and on behalf of the organisers I would like to thank you all for coming along last night and all the previous years as well.
Boleynkid

Postby mywhufc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Boleynkid wrote:I am not sure if this will be the last of these shows but I am pleased to hear that everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and on behalf of the organisers I would like to thank you all for coming along last night and all the previous years as well.

Thank you
One of the best of these I’ve been to.
I’m pleased many liked the video i made, was the first one i did so was a bit rough, funnily enough i forgot i never did the final, but we all know how that went.
mywhufc

Postby Boleynkid on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 pm

One of the best of these I’ve been to.
I’m pleased many liked the video i made, was the first one i did so was a bit rough, funnily enough i forgot i never did the final, but we all know how that went.

It's an excellent video. Well done to you sir.
Boleynkid

Previous

Return to General Discussion