WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Big George on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:27 am

WHUISA won’t be joining the new WHUSB.
http://kumb.com/story.php?id=132961
Big George

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby e17 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:18 am

How does that conflict work for someone like Whetstone, if they were to represent both WHUISA and a SAB, George? (Genuine question, not a snarky one)

Also, and again not meant as a snarky question: but the statement on this from WHUISA says the committee made this decision on behalf of the group. As an association that’s been so big on pushing the democracy angle when it comes to debate and decision making, how and when do those decisions get made by the likes of Whetstone on behalf of the entire group?
e17

Postby Albie Beck on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:48 am

Good.

George, was this decided by the full Committee? Vote taken?
Albie Beck

Postby sicknote on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 am

Think this is the correct decision , I’m not a member of WHUISA but if you are and open group with a structure set out by the FSA , I can’t see how you can be part of the new or old club quango as signing any kind of non disclosure agreement goes against , in my opinion what all supporters associations at every club should be about

However, if one of the committee members chooses to unilaterally join this new lip service to the club supporters board, how could their position on the committee be viable when as an association you have declined to be involved?
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Big George on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:37 am

e17 wrote:How does that conflict work for someone like Whetstone, if they were to represent both WHUISA and a SAB, George? (Genuine question, not a snarky one)

Also, and again not meant as a snarky question: but the statement on this from WHUISA says the committee made this decision on behalf of the group. As an association that’s been so big on pushing the democracy angle when it comes to debate and decision making, how and when do those decisions get made by the likes of Whetstone on behalf of the entire group?

Individuals are free to join but if they do they can’t claim to represent WHUISA.

The decision not to join was taken by a vote of the whole committee. It was a majority decision.
Big George

Postby the pink palermo on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:37 am

IMO the correct decision, and an excellent statement on the WHUISA website.

Has a copy been sent to supporters@premierleague.com" Just to make the PL aware that the supporter consultation process at West Ham United is broken.

'm sure the links with the FSF and SD are decent and protocols need to be observed, but a direct e-mail of the WHUISA statement direct to Ales Zavri ( Head of UEFA club licencing) and or Alexander Ceferin ( UEFA President) , might raise the profile of why WHU supporters believe the SLO and WHUSB process is broken.

The club is obliged to have credible consultation processes in place as a condition of being granted a licence to compete in UEFA competitions.

It's clear the Board of West Ham United wish to consult only with hand picked individuals not an elected collective body, and consequently there will never be appropriate accountability.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby AlfieG on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 am

I am a member and I fully endorse the committees decision.

An independent supporters association must be exactly that..... Independent.

Well done all. :thup:

Do not become a part of the clubs propaganda machine.....
AlfieG

Postby spod on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:45 am

Majority decision?
How many voted against?
Are we allowed to know who?
spod

Postby Big George on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:53 am

spod wrote:Majority decision?
How many voted against?
Are we allowed to know who?

Come to our meeting and ask...
Big George

Postby spod on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:04 am

Big George wrote:
Come to our meeting and ask...

Fair point, but not all members are going to be active.
Aren't we allowed to know who voted which way?
(If, by the way, you say you haven't got time to do all the admin, I'd accept that. I'm on a committee myself and I know what a drag it can be.)
spod

Postby the pink palermo on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:10 am

Big George wrote:Come to our meeting and ask...

George, I'm not sure that is the answer.

As a democratically elected body that exists to represent it's paid membership surely there can be a record published on the WHUISA website stating

1.The motion put to a vote
2. The attendees
3.The individual voting position of each.

That way when it comes to election time, members know whether the people they are voting for are in line with the direction they wish the association to travel.

An admin ball ache I grant you but a cornerstone of being a body to represent others as opposed to individual representation is accountability.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby e17 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:13 am

Cheers for the reply George :thup:
e17

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:44 pm

I'm a WHUISA member as well and I fully agree with the "no thanks" decision.

The board may not want to talk or deal with WHUISA on a day-to-day basis, but let's wait and see what happens IF and/or when a march or protest starts to materialise in the future.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Graza on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:I'm a WHUISA member as well and I fully agree with the "no thanks" decision.

I'm a member too. I agree with everything in their statement, but I completely agree with TPP when he says that if the ISA wants to claim the moral high ground they need to actually do the moral thing. It should have been a vote, or there should be a package of meeting not that shows what was discussed and who voted which way. You can't point the finger they have pointed if they aren't going to be better themselves.
Graza

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Graza wrote:I'm a member too. I agree with everything in their statement, but I completely agree with TPP when he says that if the ISA wants to claim the moral high ground they need to actually do the moral thing. It should have been a vote, or there should be a package of meeting not that shows what was discussed and who voted which way. You can't point the finger they have pointed if they aren't going to be better themselves.

Totally agree Graza and I'd like to think that the crew on the bridge of the good ship WHUISA are taking this and other related concerns on board.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby GaryP on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:05 pm

I agree with the outcome but i should be transparent who voted for what. 'Come to the meeting' is totally impractical for some of us.
GaryP

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SA will report in full

Postby Big George on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Fair enough. The vote was a bit rushed because of the club’s arbitrary deadline. We will report in full at the next meeting where minutes will be published with votes recorded
Big George

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SA will report in full

Postby Graza on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Big George wrote:Fair enough. The vote was a bit rushed because of the club’s arbitrary deadline. We will report in full at the next meeting where minutes will be published with votes recorded

:thup:
Graza

Postby Big George on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm

e17 wrote:How does that conflict work for someone like Whetstone, if they were to represent both WHUISA and a SAB, George? (Genuine question, not a snarky one)

Sean Whetstone has resigned from the WHUISA committee because we have voted not to join the new SAB.
Big George

Postby the pink palermo on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Any other resignations from the committee George ?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Next

Return to General Discussion