WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 am

Big George wrote:
Sean is a very high profile supporter who election to the committee divided opinion. He resigned, not stepped back, unequivocally and permanently so we let people know. I can't see how this is an issue.

I wish he hadn't done it, he was democratically elected but he did and for a reason that was a matter of live debate, our participation in the new SAB. It was big news. That's why I told people. There was no indication that Sean wanted it not to be disclosed



The reason in pink is why it is an issue, please dont dig out the Supporters club when you wish a person who was the clubs puppet hadnt stepped down from the apparently independent WHUISA.

Like i said i give you guys money, but its farcical and makes a mockery of everything you stand for when you say your disappointed a puppet of our club has stepped down, having Sean on there is no different to the Supporters club taking money from the club
User avatar
Adrianisournumber1
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 am

Once again the Brady Doctrine of divide and conquer reaping it's rewards.

If the supporters are arguing amongst themselves it means they are not arguing with the Board.
User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
 
Posts: 38882
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Sexy football not sexist football

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Big George on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:The reason in pink is why it is an issue, please dont dig out the Supporters club when you wish a person who was the clubs puppet hadnt stepped down from the apparently independent WHUISA.

Like i said i give you guys money, but its farcical and makes a mockery of everything you stand for when you say your disappointed a puppet of our club has stepped down, having Sean on there is no different to the Supporters club taking money from the club


Sean was democratically elected, no matter what you think of him. I'm not particularly a fan of his and he is not a fan of mine but if the members threw us together, I would like to have had the opportunity to make it work.

You can't say the new SAB is an undemocratic shambles if you then reject what democracy throws up at WHUISA. That's why I meant when I said I wish he hadn't resigned, not because I agree with any of his views.
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 10162
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: http://www.whuisa.org/

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby GaryP on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Big George wrote:
Sean was democratically elected, no matter what you think of him. I'm not particularly a fan of his and he is not a fan of mine but if the members threw us together, I would like to have had the opportunity to make it work.

You can't say the new SAB is an undemocratic shambles if you then reject what democracy throws up at WHUISA. That's why I meant when I said I wish he hadn't resigned, not because I agree with any of his views.

Well said. :thup:

The bloke just showed his true colours earlier than we all thought.
User avatar
GaryP
 
Posts: 11057
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Broken Britain

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Big George wrote:
Sean was democratically elected, no matter what you think of him. I'm not particularly a fan of his and he is not a fan of mine but if the members threw us together, I would like to have had the opportunity to make it work.

You can't say the new SAB is an undemocratic shambles if you then reject what democracy throws up at WHUISA. That's why I meant when I said I wish he hadn't resigned, not because I agree with any of his views.


But him standing alone makes a mockery of whuisa he should never have been selected as a candidate you should at least be vetting them, he will get elected his very vocal and constantly banging some drum, but fact is he is in our owners pockets and in no way can he be seen as slightly independent, the fact he was even allowed to be a candidate concerns me greatly for a independent organisation
User avatar
Adrianisournumber1
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby GaryP on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
But him standing alone makes a mockery of whuisa he should never have been selected as a candidate you should at least be vetting them, he will get elected his very vocal and constantly banging some drum, but fact is he is in our owners pockets and in no way can he be seen as slightly independent, the fact he was even allowed to be a candidate concerns me greatly for a independent organisation


Surely anyone can stand as a candidiate ? It's a democratic organisation.
User avatar
GaryP
 
Posts: 11057
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Broken Britain

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm

GaryP wrote:
Surely anyone can stand as a candidiate ? It's a democratic organisation.


There in lies the problem, you cant say your independent. Imagine for example if Hugh stood, would we all still say WHUISA is independent. Fact is we have a number of very vocal fans who are up our owners bums and if they sit on WHUISA then WHUISA cant claim to be independent as the very people running it wouldnt be
User avatar
Adrianisournumber1
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Big George on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
There in lies the problem, you cant say your independent. Imagine for example if Hugh stood, would we all still say WHUISA is independent. Fact is we have a number of very vocal fans who are up our owners bums and if they sit on WHUISA then WHUISA cant claim to be independent as the very people running it wouldnt be


If you majority iof WHUISA members elected 7 Hughs then that would be tough but one or two would be a minority and the majority view will prevail.
They would have the right to ave their say, but the vote would decide the way WHUISA acted.
User avatar
Big George
 
Posts: 10162
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:59 pm
Location: http://www.whuisa.org/

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby DDHammer on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:There in lies the problem, you cant say your independent. Imagine for example if Hugh stood, would we all still say WHUISA is independent. Fact is we have a number of very vocal fans who are up our owners bums and if they sit on WHUISA then WHUISA cant claim to be independent as the very people running it wouldnt be


Of course if Hugh stood you can say it's independent, it's a committee of people in charge, not one bloke whose going to go unchallenged. You try to work with them and if it's members don't like the direction someone on the committee is taking WHUISA then those paid up members vote them out.
Last edited by DDHammer on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DDHammer
 
Posts: 4607
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Vic_Watson on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Adrian seems to want selective democracy. It doesn't work like that!
User avatar
Vic_Watson
 
Posts: 2466
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:25 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby GaryP on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
There in lies the problem, you cant say your independent. Imagine for example if Hugh stood, would we all still say WHUISA is independent. Fact is we have a number of very vocal fans who are up our owners bums and if they sit on WHUISA then WHUISA cant claim to be independent as the very people running it wouldnt be


That can be said of anything in a democracy.
User avatar
GaryP
 
Posts: 11057
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:14 pm
Location: Broken Britain

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:58 pm

many people that stand in all works off life are vetted that they work to that association.

I struggle to see how someone like Sean makes whuisa less independent than the supporters club taking a few pennies from the club just to survive i think it is safe to say WHUISA isnt for me so il donate my money to KUMB instead
User avatar
Adrianisournumber1
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby clawhammer on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:many people that stand in all works off life are vetted that they work to that association.

I struggle to see how someone like Sean makes whuisa less independent than the supporters club taking a few pennies from the club just to survive i think it is safe to say WHUISA isnt for me so il donate my money to KUMB instead

It seems that you don’t want a democratic ISA. You want a committee selected by a group of people that you approve of from a list of people that you approve of. That is not democracy.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Political comment removed.
User avatar
clawhammer
 
Posts: 7322
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 8:58 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:51 pm

clawhammer wrote:It seems that you don’t want a democratic ISA. You want a committee selected by a group of people that you approve of from a list of people that you approve of. That is not democracy.

Exactly, the most democratic method is for anyone who is a member to be able to stand (provided they can find two members to propose and second them). Then the ISA has a free and fare election, the people with the most votes get elected. We all know that the ISA is still learning how to hold an election with every member able to vote, but they are working on that.

If the members vote in 9 board "apologists" then that is the policy to follow. As CH says, as soon as you start blocking people from standing because they hold the "wrong" views you are following a flawed policy - and dare I say approaching the methods used to populate the SAB and WHUSB.

Of course there are some reasons to not allow people to stand for certain roles, for example I believe that an undischarged bankrupt would not be allowed to be treasurer.
User avatar
Hampshire Hammer
 
Posts: 8800
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Somewhere south of sanity

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Adrianisournumber1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm

clawhammer wrote:It seems that you don’t want a democratic ISA. You want a committee selected by a group of people that you approve of from a list of people that you approve of. That is not democracy.


No i want people that represent the fan base neutrally not someone that has there pockets filled by a football club they brown nose that is being run appallingly bad.

I vote with my feet and money if i dont agree with how something is being run i wont support them by providing them money, many on here dont agree with how the club is being run yet still pump money into them its quite ironic really
User avatar
Adrianisournumber1
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Kialos on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:21 pm

You can't be a bit pregnant and you can't be a bit democratic.

I think it's a compliment to the progress WHUISA has made and the recognition it has with the footballing authorities and other fan groups that the club appear to be desperately trying to undermine it and play their usual dirty tricks.

As a fan base we should not do the boards dirty work for them through infighting.

United We Stand.
Kialos
 
Posts: 7388
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby mywhufc on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:11 pm

All those moaning about Sean standing, please
he actually helped found WHUISA, he had every right to stand and it was up to the voters to make their decision. WHUISA is not a protest movement, its supposed to be there to help fans stand together and be as one when it comes to dealing with the club in fan matters.
WHUISAs decision to not be part of the new SAB could leaving them outside the tent shouting at no-one, how does that actually help fans.
If you want WHU to change, then you have to del with them, & as its their game, you do it on their rules.
By all means expose the failing of it, but do it from inside with knowledge not with supposition.
I sat on the old SAB for 5 years, i didn’t agree with 75% of what went on in there, & i told them so, to their face not from outside.
User avatar
mywhufc
 
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:13 pm

I think that if the ISA had enough members that it carried enough "weight" the board would have no alternative to listen.

you don't need to be inside pissing out, you can always be outside pissing in.......
User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
 
Posts: 26439
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby mywhufc on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I think that if the ISA had enough members that it carried enough "weight" the board would have no alternative to listen.

you don't need to be inside pissing out, you can always be outside pissing in.......

That is very true,
but this is how west ham work
they have 52,000 season ticket holders
WHUISA has around 4500 members, well cut you out thanks & sort our own.
The reason why Brady had the bloggers meetings and not meet with WHUISA is because sites like this one, C&H, West Ham Fan TV, EX on twitter, reach far more of the fan base than WHUISA does.
WHUISA needs to build its support, cut out the political crap and concentrate on talking and listening to fans, fans across the board with all views, not just the that agree with them.
Having spoken with some on the committee there recently I’m now hopeful that will happen.
User avatar
mywhufc
 
Posts: 3253
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: WHUISA says ‘No Thanks’ to new SAB

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:I think that if the ISA had enough members that it carried enough "weight" the board would have no alternative to listen.

you don't need to be inside pissing out, you can always be outside pissing in.......



What He Said . :thup:
User avatar
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 15912
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Lost In the Recesses Of My Mind .

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big George, Crouchend_Hammer, djclipz, Eggchaser, Google [Bot], hammer348, Jameslegend, lake1986, Marky, slimjim, thejackhammer and 73 guests