Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 947 likes
Total likes: 2360 likes

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by Ozza »

Cheers bubbs interesting couple of names
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

bubbles1966 wrote:Newspaper speculation about Emiliano Sala, and claims Husillos scouted Leonardo Koutris the other evening.

A tall CF and a left back.
Exotic names, but who are these couple of nobody's ?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2428 likes
Total likes: 4261 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Sala plays for Nantes in France, usually scores a dozen goals a season.

Koutris plays for Olympiacos. Looks like a slightly bigger, but quicker version of Cresswell on youtube.
only1post
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by only1post »

Koutris getting carried off on a stretcher is a classic.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if he brings in another diop Balbuena type I will be happy.

priorities are LB, CM, CF

summer time add RB CB . How about sari from Marseille as RB ?

plenty of players out there to improve on the fllowing in the squad

Antonio cresswell ogbonna Hernandez hughill byran perez

plenty of work to be done. IF gsb decide to spend big again we could have a decent team. need to keep rice and arnie though
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I dunno what he's like every week for PSV, but by Christ, that Dumfries for Holland the other night was absolutely fantastic at RB/RWB. I think loads of clubs will be in for him based only on that performance because that will not have gone unnoticed
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Puff Daddy wrote:I think I've spotted the guy to fill our RB spot tonight. Never heard or seen this guy before, but Denzel Dumfries of PSV Eindhoven playing for the Netherlands against France. Geezer looks the b*llocks, about 6ft 3", 22 apparently, big, strong and powerful, solid in the tackle, good defensively, powerful going forward and quick too, even matched Mbappe for pace at one point :shock: No idea how he got that name, whether it's to take the first name of your favourite Hollywood actor and the surname of a Scottish market town and end up playing for the Netherlands, but hey ho, somehow he's Dutch and he looks a good un
Don't care if he's good or not, I'd sign him for his name alone.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

Puff Daddy wrote:I dunno what he's like every week for PSV, but by Christ, that Dumfries for Holland the other night was absolutely fantastic at RB/RWB. I think loads of clubs will be in for him based only on that performance because that will not have gone unnoticed
He signed for PSV in June on a 5 year deal.

Unlikely they are going to be selling him anytime soon.
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Puff Daddy wrote:I dunno what he's like every week for PSV, but by Christ, that Dumfries for Holland the other night was absolutely fantastic at RB/RWB. I think loads of clubs will be in for him based only on that performance because that will not have gone unnoticed
On that basis, I’m shocked we didn’t get a big bid for Ian Pearce after the Leeds game in 1998! :wink:
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Fredericks is now out for 3 months, and Zabaleta has said he does not pla on playing for us if at all next year. We desperately need a right back. Using Antonio in a deal to get Wan-Bissaka is the most obvious transfer I can remember, especially as Holland is back in contention for the first team,
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1445 likes

Post by Aceface »

What could we offer Wan-Bissaka that he doesn’t already have at Palace? He’s playing regularly at the club he came through the ranks with. Swapping one shithouse London team for another doesn’t even have our usual minor advantage over the Swanseas and Stokes of offering a better location to live in.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

fmgod wrote:The Loftus Cheek hype is so overboard it's hilarious not just here but for England too, he will be at a club like us or Southampton or someone of that ilk in a few years, he is a good player and that's about it, building him up on here as the next class player. He was decent for Palace last year but nothing ultra special, 2 assists in 20 games and people want him as one of the main creative players, jesus. Would I have without a doubt, break the bank for him, not a chance.

I'd rather go into the foreign market, far better value for money, far bigger pool, far more quality(the top sides barely have an English player start).
Which personally I find quite sad. I think of some players I grew up with as a little nipper (Alvin, Bishop, Moncur, Dicks, Slater etc), and you wonder whether many of them would even have made it as Prem players. Obviously it's a much higher standard league these days though - differnet game really. Althouth the money divide is a killer.

Anyway, on the flip to your point, we've bought plenty of players from the overseas market who've been flops (not been able to adapt, not been up to scratch etc). Also, the top sides you allude to - Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool for example - many of the top overseas players they've bought have generally cost mega £££, who we (probably) couldn't compete for.

Not really disagreeing with you of course, similarly, we (and others) have found some great value signings from overseas. Recently, Diop is looking a MAJOR steal - far better than Mawson would've been. Really loving Issa at present! Also, Bilic was my favourite player as a kid. It's about having a top scouting network in place. However, I look at middling teams like Stoke, Fulham, Watford (although they're doing very well), and find their squads a bit depressing. Need to mix up the homegrown with the overseas talent. Is about balance.

With regards to RLC, I think the point with him is that he's exactly the type of player we need right now, and could be a massive asset to us in the same way someone like Parker was (very good player, not getting the breaks at a very top side). But a lot of his appeal is his potential. He needs to be at a club like ours, really to realise that (I think). He's young and could become a mainstay for many years. I also think England are producing decent players again. Would love RLC here personally.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1782 likes
Total likes: 2059 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

According to Steve Lomas, Pellegrini was at the Northern Ireland game, probably watching right back Stefan Lainer, of whom Lomas says, I really like the way he defends and attacks. The complete package at right back.

Ryan Fredericks looks to be out for at least three months so it makes sense for the management to start looking. Whether the tight fisted mob with the cheque book take any notice is a different matter.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 611 likes
Total likes: 638 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Kevin Mbabu looked ok tonight.
S-H
Has liked: 5728 likes
Total likes: 9642 likes

Post by S-H »

Can we bring back Fernandes in Jan?
hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

S-H wrote:Can we bring back Fernandes in Jan?
Nope, season long and they have option to make perm at end season

Unless he gets injured of course - but no good to us then
Patito

Post by Patito »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:According to Steve Lomas, Pellegrini was at the Northern Ireland game, probably watching right back Stefan Lainer, of whom Lomas says, I really like the way he defends and attacks. The complete package at right back.

Have never seen Lainer play but Napoli were very close to signing him in the summer, he’s supposed to be decent anyway.
stu1
Has liked: 657 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Realistically I’d be quite happy with 1 clear first teamer and one decent squad player.

Anyone hoping for any more will be disappointed.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1890 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

said a few times before stu:

East London beatitude...

"Blessed are they who expect nothing....for they shall never be disappointed..."

:wink:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 743 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

looks like we are looking at another RB.
CM still needed. RLC would be ideal
CF also needed as cover for arnie.

realistically Antonio ogbonna and Hernandez could be on their way out. I would include carroll but no one would be stupid enough to buy him for the few games he gives you each season.
we should be able to raise around 25m from sales which is needed for the above players.