Jan Transfer Window 18/19

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Re: Jan Transfer Window 18/19

Post by Colours never run »

Johnzo wrote:Dont get the fascination with some with signing a fancy new look striker every window. In arnie we have our most complete center forward weve seen in years & Hernandez, Carroll, Perez & Antonio provide ample cover for one position in our starting XI.

Very hard to do business in Jan but the only player id go above and beyond to sign is RLC, he'll be 23 and surely pi55ed off at starting every premier league game on the bench for Chelsea. If he doesn't leave in Jan, whether to us or someone similar for first team football then i will have no sympathy for the lad.

Wouldnt mind seeing us get Bertrand from Soton as well but feel thats more of a summer 19 job when they inevitably get relegated
You and me both my man.

Decent shouts on the other 2, too.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3171 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Tough window really as the boss should be thinking long term and long term he would probably expect Lanzini and Yarmolenko to be part of his plans.

Central midfield and right back are two obvious long term positions, whilst left back is a call that he needs to make in regards to heather he thinks system and coaching can bring more consistency out of either option.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

Looks like Nasri is his plan
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Absolute joke that we are about to sign someone that hasn't played football for like a year, even worse that we are about to pay him £80k a week while Rice still hasn't got his deserved new contract sorted out. What a joke of a club.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

We were linked to two young very highly rated Spanish/s.american players towards the end of the last window..
did either go elsewhere? I cannot remember their names, a celta vigo striker I think and a young playmaker?
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: They want £30m odd for him don't they? Cannot see us spending anything close to that in January.
Atlanta spent €15m on Barco, so it doesn’t look like they deal in pennies. Not surprised they would want a high amount for one of their best players. He does look very good though. Don’t think it’s just because it’s MLS either, he looks like the real deal.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Colours never run wrote: Ryan Sessegnon is someone who is screaming to be had. Just how ambitious are we, now Fulham are in a tight hole this season? The boy will be getting itchy foot to leave.
Think he needs the full season with Fulham to be honest. A lot of football still to be played obviously but I can't see things changing for them so he will no doubt be picked up in the summer as they drop back out of the league.

I'm not convinced about him as a left back either yet. He gets forward well, as did Fredericks for them last season.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

At 18 he's still only a pup but the talent for me is undeniable. The boy is big time and the earlier we act, the easier it'll be to get him before others decide to act themselves. I would seriously test him and Fulham in Jan personally. Cresswell would be a good mentor too. I just don't wanna see Masuaku there anymore only further forward.
goa127
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Colours never run wrote:At 18 he's still only a pup but the talent for me is undeniable. The boy is big time and the earlier we act, the easier it'll be to get him before others decide to act themselves. I would seriously test him and Fulham in Jan personally. Cresswell would be a good mentor too. I just don't wanna see Masuaku there anymore only further forward.
trouble is I think sessingnon is more of a winger than a fullback. A better arthur rather than a better cresswell.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Ben wrote:We were linked to two young very highly rated Spanish/s.american players towards the end of the last window..
did either go elsewhere? I cannot remember their names, a celta vigo striker I think and a young playmaker?

The Celta Vigo striker is Maximiliano Gomez, 22 year old Uruguayan. Very talented prospect. He would cost a lot of money, upwards of £30 million at the very least. I would expect he'd hold out for a bigger club than ours, will probably end up at Sevilla/Atletico Madrid or someone of that ilk. All IMHO.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Patito wrote:The Celta Vigo striker is Maximiliano Gomez, 22 year old Uruguayan. Very talented prospect. He would cost a lot of money, upwards of £30 million at the very least. I would expect he'd hold out for a bigger club than ours, will probably end up at Sevilla/Atletico Madrid or someone of that ilk. All IMHO.
6 goals and 4 assists in 839 minutes this season so looking very good, a goal and an assist in there 2-0 win over Atletico earlier in the season!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

in a country of less than 4 million people (or thereabouts) how the hell do they continue to turn out players like this, Suarez, Cavani etc.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:in a country of less than 4 million people (or thereabouts) how the hell do they continue to turn out players like this, Suarez, Cavani etc.
I ask myself the same about Jamaica and sprinters but I suspect it's a different answer ;)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:in a country of less than 4 million people (or thereabouts) how the hell do they continue to turn out players like this, Suarez, Cavani etc.
I have asked myself that very same question and it is remarkable isn't it? I don't know for sure, but I think these are a few pointers. Firstly, Uruguay does not have the same range of sports we have in Great Britain, so per capita of the population, proportionately, more people, especially children play the sport of football and they also, do not have the same diversions to distract them from playing the game of football, we have here in the UK; consequently, proportionately, more childten play the game and this is a continuous conveyor belt of talent that is carefully nurtured from a very young age and assigned to the two major clubs of Montevideo. Penarol and Nacional and from there, either to Brazilian clubs, or the big prize to Europe. This much I know, but this is only the top of the iceberg
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:
I ask myself the same about Jamaica and sprinters but I suspect it's a different answer ;)
that's racist...

:P
WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3151 likes

Post by WCpete »

They weed the weaklings out early.

https://twitter.com/TomSandersonSP/stat ... 9283265536
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

didn't you post that once before ?

shared it with a mate and we BOTH said "great tackle !!

:thup: :thup:
WCpete
Has liked: 1462 likes
Total likes: 3151 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:didn't you post that once before ?

shared it with a mate and we BOTH said "great tackle !!

:thup: :thup:
yes. I'm double dipping. And for that I am ashamed. Still... great tackle. :wink:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

you can double dip all you want mate....

as long as you don't wait 12 months in between and keep your fitness levels up..oh and don't be a cheat..and oh don't be a dickhead to your team mates !!!!

:D
Colours never run

goa127 wrote:
trouble is I think sessingnon is more of a winger than a fullback. A better arthur rather than a better cresswell.
If that turned out to be true, it would still be worth while getting him in our squad.