Joe hart

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Joe hart

Postby Albie Beck on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:55 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:think they BOTH got hurt mate...and they were desperate...

think Heaton is still not fit...

Heaton was on the bench Saturday but I think Pope is still out. They also have ex-Man U keeper Anders Lindegaard and also someone called Alex Legover or something...

Embarrassment of... well, not exactly riches.
Albie Beck

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:46 am

cheers Albie..

saw one of them on the bench and the commentary team mentioned it but I got them mixed up obviously.

:thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby stu1 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:59 am

Hart is certainly not the keeper he use to be, although he seems to be performing well for Burnley, certainly better than he was for us.

I do believe there is uneccesary vitriol directed at him which I find very harsh. Hart has always come across as a decent bloke and quite a likeable character. I actually think one of his biggest problems is he cares too much, which means he’s too pumped and leads to him making mistakes. Unfortunately his performances for us were average at best but I wish him well as he’s certainly one of the more genuine characters in football these days.
stu1

Postby ornchurch ammer on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 am

Personally I think that Hart has always come across as an arrogant tosser who was completely overrated by the media. Now that he has had a number of seasons behind standard defences his true ability has been realised.

Having said that though he was the only one of the West Ham squad to acknowledge the travelling supporters and sign an autograph when they arrived at Bournemouth last Boxing Day morning.
ornchurch ammer

Postby Briggsy on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 am

A lot of his saves against us looked like camera saves to me. I feel he could have done better for the goals as well.

It's amazing that amount of years he spent at Man City.

He's a bit of an odd one when it comes to keepers. Very good at a young age, rubbish in his 30s!
Briggsy

Postby Marky on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 am

Briggsy wrote:A lot of his saves against us looked like camera saves to me. I feel he could have done better for the goals as well.

It's amazing that amount of years he spent at Man City.

He's a bit of an odd one when it comes to keepers. Very good at a young age, rubbish in his 30s!

I completely agree. I honestly think Pope and Heston are a fair bit better. He would scare the **** out of me. His kicking is terrible as well.
Marky

Postby Up the Junction on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Marky wrote: I honestly think Pope and Heston are a fair bit better.

From what I read whilst compiling the OV this week, most Burnley fans appear to agree with you.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby SullySpecial on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Any keeper with a prime Kompany in front of him is bound to look better than he actually is. He got lucky with Man City, and is now showing his true level. It’s no coincidence that he’s been shipping goals in Italy, the Athleticks Bowel, and now Burnley. He may be the luckiest player in PL history.
SullySpecial

Postby BondsoBob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:05 pm

I just think he was a good goalkeeper and now he's not such a good goalkeeper.
God alone knows why it's gone that way for him. But it happens.
BondsoBob

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:21 pm

BondsoBob wrote:I just think he was a good goalkeeper and now he's not such a good goalkeeper.
God alone knows why it's gone that way for him. But it happens.

he had off field issues that have affected his game , Mancini wanted to replace him before he was sacked at man city.
chigwells finest

Postby warp on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:42 pm

obiang was shooting from everywhere Image
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Previous

Return to General Discussion