Huddersfield Town 1-1 West Ham Utd (10/11/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Nick Sneddon
Total likes: 20 likes

Re: ⚽ Huddersfield Town v West Ham Utd: match thread (10/11)

Post by Nick Sneddon »

Don’t be fooled, they are garbage. The goal last night was weak as p**s. We’ll win
swash
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Yep, we should win, but it's the West Ham way not to, see Brighton after the Man U win
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Wasn’t it an o.g. last night ? So technically still none of their team have scored a goal at home this season. We’re the gift that keeps on giving so I expect them to score at least one, but I think if we play an unchanged team we’ll have too much up front for them, 3-1 Irons
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

While I would never be disappointed with a point away from home, we must be bold and attack, attack, attack.

Our terrier has scored the same amount of Premiership goals this season as The Terriers have.

Don't worry though we now have a manager who knows three points are there for the taking.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Expect them to line up the same as they did last night with three at the back, a flat four in midfield Mooy in a free role and two up front. They will work their nuts off and make it hard for us but leave themselves massively exposed through the middle and at the back. Especially on the break and especially from their own attacking corners as they send all three defenders up.

They are a big side and no doubt they will look at the trouble Wood and Vokes caused us an try to replicate that by getting the ball up in the air then fighting for the knock downs. I think we have enough about us to compete in the air but we need to be more alert and sharper to the knock downs and second balls.

From set pieces we will have to be mindful of the big five they send into the box to attack the ball...
Billing 193cm, Mounie 190cm, Zanka 191cm, Schindler 189cm and Kongolo 188cm

They also have Depoitre on the bench who is 191cm and can be a handful when thrown on.

It may be the case that we have to ask Arnautovic to come back and mark for corners as we don't match up that well in terms of height...
Diop 194cm, Arnautovic 192cm, Balbuena 188cm, Obiang 185cm and Rice 185cm

Without doubt this is where they can and might hurt us. Rice has more than enough to keep Mooy quiet and our back four is solid enough to take care of the rest.

Where I can see us absolutely killing them is on the wings. If we can get the same positive performances from Anderson and Diangana as we did against Burnley, we hugely expose them down the flanks.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Yeah you can see this going either way. Either we get in front, they open up and their heads drop and we pick them off on the break and could well score a hatful, or else we fail to deal with their aerial threat, stutter and don't get going in true West Ham fashion against a team struggling at the foot of the table and lose 1-0.

The former is more likely, so why do I feel like the latter will probably come to fruition?
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

sendô wrote:we get in front, they open up and their heads drop and we pick them off on the break and could well score a hatful
To be fair to them, they haven't been smashed by anyone at home other than Chelsea.

Liverpool only beat them 1-0, Spurs 2-0, Palace 1-0... they are losing, but not getting rumped at home. It will be a tight game.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

I remember last seasons game, we got that early 2nd half goal and then picked them off on the counter with Lanzini and Arnie playing superb.
jhammers
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by jhammers »

They're woeful but they work hard and will put in some big challenges. Watch out for that Hogg in centre midfield, dirty bugger.
Early goal needed.

Fabianski
Zabaleta, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Rice, Obiang, Snodgrass
Diangana, Arnautovic, Anderson

Our front 3 should cause them problems
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1658 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

2nd only to Citeh in the number of times they've hit the woodwork...
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Patito wrote:

He's only got 4. :thup:

Apparently, he had a good game last night. He's huge and mobile but so poor technically IMO.
Poor technically? Not for me, he looks a decent young player, he certainly has a cracking pass on him.

Georgee :lol:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2402 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:
Poor technically? Not for me, he looks a decent young player, he certainly has a cracking pass on him.

Georgee :lol:
Agree. A very good player IMHO.

Defo one to keep an eye on moving forward
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Nick Sneddon wrote:Don’t be fooled, they are garbage. The goal last night was weak as p**s. We’ll win
Ya daft git :lol:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 641 likes
Total likes: 592 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Paddy, do you have any idea how this game will go?
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Patito wrote:I think We'd lose 4-1 if we went with either of the above line-ups. What has Snoddy ever done to you? Image
Snodders has done great, hard worker with presence, hard to shake off the ball. I think he does a better job than Noble in that position. However, we still lack breakaway pace, dribbling power & goals from CM. Rice is DM leaving OB1 & who else fit? I think Masuaku WB or LW without defensive duties will be great & exciting.

Zaba needs pace around him ie Diop, next to him & Grady in front. He can help manage Grady's game with constant talking. Snods CM on Zaba's side is very slow I mean below average, hence I would prefer Grady over Snods on the right side.

We'd win 4-1 with either of these formations :scarfer:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Poor technically? Not for me, he looks a decent young player, he certainly has a cracking pass on him.
Last night must have been the only game you've seen of his then!

Edit - To be fair, I thought he looked very good in their promotion season, particularly as he must have only been a teenager. So perhaps it's just a bit of recent poor form that's clouded my judgement. :thup:
Last edited by Patito on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patito

Post by Patito »

brooking1966 wrote:
Snodders has done great, hard worker with presence, hard to shake off the ball. I think he does a better job than Noble in that position. However, we still lack breakaway pace, dribbling power & goals from CM. Rice is DM leaving OB1 & who else fit? I think Masuaku WB or LW without defensive duties will be great & exciting.

Zaba needs pace around him ie Diop, next to him & Grady in front. He can help manage Grady's game with constant talking. Snods CM on Zaba's side is very slow I mean below average, hence I would prefer Grady over Snods on the right side.

We'd win 4-1 with either of these formations :scarfer:

Why be petty and add "I think" to what I said? Almost everything posted on here is opinion and it should be taken that way. Posters don't need to put "IMO" or "I think" on every post.

So Masuaku in midfield? On the wing? Left wing back? Which is it?

I see you couldn't resist a dig at Noble despite him not even being involved in this one. :lol:

I see you're still suggesting Diangana CM as well? Zabaleta managed just fine with Snodgrass/Obiang/Rice in front of him against Burnley, there's no point changing that, let alone putting a winger in there. Besides, Zabaleta was actually our quickest player against Burnley, he's not slow.

We would get stuffed with either of your line-ups, particularly if we lined up with Masuaku and Diangana in central midfield. I think I know why you've chosen those particular players though...
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

brooking1966 wrote: Snodders has done great, hard worker with presence, hard to shake off the ball. I think he does a better job than Noble in that position.
And there it is... well done, you got around to it in the end.
hammerman11
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

same team as Saturday for me. don't change a winning team. Huddersfield are poor but we will still need to be 100% committed, drop below and we are in trouble.

fab
zab diop Balbuena cresswell
snoddy rice obiang
diagana arnie Anderson

subs Adrian fredericks ogbonna masuaka Antonio Hernandez Coventry

3-0 hammers arnie x2 diop
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1658 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

how the hell this bloke could solidify the midfield I honestly have no clue.....

p.s. why any grown man would call Obiang OB1 - I have no clue....

muppet...