Talksport Presenters (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Talksport Presenters (non WHU)

Postby ornchurch ammer on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:00 am

Good old Moose. At least he has the courage of his convictions.

A lot of people on there have been slagging Mourinho for cupping his ear but like Moose said at least he did to the away fans and not to his own.

BFS said it was to say "don't go booing my team after we've won" and then said to Moose "been playing the West Ham way lately ?"

I know that it all gets a bit pantomime on there, especially with Moose, and BFS finished with "don't put him on while I'm on here again" and you couldn't tell if he was serious or not.
ornchurch ammer

Postby Monkey Mike on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:06 am

mushy wrote:Allardyce and the Moose at it this morning.
The Moose mentioned Allardyce cupping his ear to crowd at the Hull City home game and fat Sam went into one.
Knees Up Mother Brown also got a mention.
The whole thing was pretty embarrassing.
Allardyce ended up calling moose a balloon.
The irony.

I heard that too. Something like, in reference to Mourinho vs Juventus, "It's bad enough to cup your eyes to away fans, but imagining doing it to your own fans". Cue digs about the West Ham way, real West Ham supporters understand, not the wind up merchants on KUMB etc.
Monkey Mike

Postby -DL- on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 am

I have this on as back ground noise when I'm on the way to or from work.

I find it all pretty harmless tbf. My ears generally only switch on when something comes on that grabs my attention.

I'm one of the very few that also like Bob Mills.

Unless I've missed it, I'm quite surprised nobody has mentioned Dean Ashton - although he sounds as dull as dish water, he actually comes over as quite knowledgeable.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Hayden on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:14 am

Moose is a complete imbecile, regardless of this incident. Just an absolute embarrassment.
Hayden

Postby mushy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:06 am

Hayden wrote:Moose is a complete imbecile, regardless of this incident. Just an absolute embarrassment.

Hayden, dont you think thats the general idea?
He is set up as a pantomime villain, talks nonsense so other presenters can take the pee out of him and mention at least eight times a day how many pies he eats.
Some people would say its a form of bullying, but the Talksport management have worked out its exactly what the Talksport audience want.
mushy

Postby mushy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 am

-DL- wrote:
I'm one of the very few that also like Bob Mills.

I like him as well DL.
I think a lot of people probably do but the fact is you are far more likely to hear from those with a negative outlook then a positive one.
Its far easier to moan about a presenter then to say how good one of them is.
mushy

Postby Doyley72 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:19 am

Used to listen to this drivel but over the years it has become more and more boring.

Same old subjects, tired concept. And as everyone has pointed out, far too many adverts. Seem like every time i put it on, there is an advert and they last for ages!

And its directed pretty poorly....talking on an important subject like gambling addiction, then goes to an advert from Bet Fred!!!...then the next subject is talking about the odd of the weekend games!!

The Moose is an embarrassment and i used to cringe when he talked about our club.

Brazil is hard to listen too as he doesn't know what he is on about most of the time. Suggers just whinges and Kelly talks too much and don't complain about the media to him because in his eyes, the media is never wrong!

Jim White...well...the chairman's man...seems to talk down on everyone, except the owners of clubs. Even his piece on Charlton was weak and pointless.

Durham is a wind up merchant and has an embarrassing obsession with Arsenal and Celtic, slagging them off all the time...doesn't seem to like us too much either. He is just a clown in a desperate bid for listeners.

And then we have the worst two...Goldstein and Cundy! Both are so rude to callers and bully them. They are the type that used to give it at school, then run and hide! Cundy could be talking about all the pastic in the sea and still mention Chelski! He only has one view and its always about them rent boys!!

Mills and Parry are ok, just a bit mad, and H&J aren't too bad, although J can be a bit rose tinted on Chelski, but the only real good listen is Simon Jordan. Talks a lot of sense and gives some good insight on running clubs and transfers etc. Also, you can tell he is a fan and knows his stuff. I used to like Colin Murray too. He wouldn't limit himself to the Premier league and would always have a section on lower league clubs, which was interesting.

All in all, a poor radio station that has the advantage of being the only real football talk show. I've now switched over to LBC and the odd show on Radio 5!
Doyley72

Postby Patito on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am

mushy wrote:Hayden, dont you think thats the general idea?
He is set up as a pantomime villain, talks nonsense so other presenters can take the pee out of him and mention at least eight times a day how many pies he eats.
Some people would say its a form of bullying, but the Talksport management have worked out its exactly what the Talksport audience want.

As much as I think Moose is a clown, it does come across that way mushy and makes me a bit uncomfortable at times.
Patito

Postby Slacking student on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 am

SoulCircus wrote:Mike Parry's 'Cinnamon Challenge' is one of the finest things on the internet so he deserves great praise for that.

I hadn't seen this before, I now can't stop laughing at my desk :lol:

Slacking student

Postby Overchuffed on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 am

I've started tuning into talk sport 2 instead. Its seems to be much better.
They have better people on there.
Not listened in mid morning for a while as stuck in the office now and not out and about as much but they used to have Tom Rennie and Mark Webster (still might be) who seem to be humourous and enjoyable - rather than listening to muppets just shouting at each other (i.e. Durham / Goughie / White / Mills etc etc)

The biggest one of the lot that turned me off was the combination of Jim White and Danny Murphy.
Overchuffed

Postby wildkard on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:58 am

Didn't mind Terry Christian back in the day. And before that, Lofty out of EastEnders.

Max Rushden is alright. Sam Delaney not bad. Totally outweighed by the amount of utter ****ing ***** on there mind you.
wildkard

Postby nickstanley66 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Only really listen to the Jim White show, Was much better when it was Colin Murray, Jim is just useless.

all the regular guests are pretty good, apart from Micky Gray.

Best day is Friday (Bob an Perry)
nickstanley66

Postby LYALL OUT on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Talk SPort is just harmless fluff, but I heard Fathead on this morning. Thought it was ironic that he dug out KUMB, as I can remember that long running thread "Do You Love Sam yet?" which was one of the most embarrassing threads on here. For me, the bloke should never have been allowed to set foot inside West Ham and as for the Moose, I thought that was a quality dig at someone who's arrogance and greed cost him the England job. BTW, Fathead was wrong about the result in question. We didn't win -0, we beat Hull 2-1 through a penalty and an own goal and this was after they'd had their goalkeeper sent off in the first half. It was an awful game. We were piss poor and at the end of the game the whole ground let him know it to which he simply cupped his ear and laughed. ACOAM.
LYALL OUT

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Wasnt Mrs Allardyce a reported “lurker” on KUMB at the time?
Moose is a bit of a buffoon but he plays up to it. He’s pretty thick skinned and Neil Custis in particular was pretty nasty in comments he made to him on twitter about a month ago. He didn’t react. I’ve not bought a programme this season but understand he no longer contributes s column to it because of negative comments.
Westbourne Bill

Postby mushy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:28 pm

What was the jist of what Neil Custis was saying?.
mushy

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:Wasnt Mrs Allardyce a reported “lurker” on KUMB at the time?

Yes.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Happyhammer52 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 pm

mushy wrote:Some people would say its a form of bullying, but the Talksport management have worked out its exactly what the Talksport audience want.

I believe this is why he was removed from Brazil's breakfast show for a few months fairly recently as a lot of people complained about the way that Abraham's was treated.

I don't think Abraham's plays up to the stereotype at all, I think he is genuinely like that.
Happyhammer52

Postby Sloffy on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 pm

I be honest, Durham, despite being a wind up, I don’t mind him. I don’t particularly agree with him, but he does put out there what blokes in the pub are discussing.

Love Mike Parry & Mike Graham, Porky in particular.

Don’t like Jim White. Takes the moral high ground all the time.

Don’t like Danny Kelly either - talks over people.

I quite like Dean Saunders although wasn’t he called out as a liar over his Cloughie story, so don’t take what he says too serious
Sloffy

Postby Morocco Mole on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Hayden wrote:Moose is a complete imbecile, regardless of this incident. Just an absolute embarrassment.

I accept he does come across like a berk at times but he always fights his corner and at the end of the day is one of us.

I don't mind him.
Morocco Mole

Postby WorcesterWHU on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 pm

I remember when Talksport was just Talk Radio. Used to tune in every Saturday which, from memory, was Danny Baker and Danny Kelly - used to do before the 3pm kick offs and then afterwards. Loved it.

Think the current setup is a load of old ***** by comparison.
WorcesterWHU

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion