Samir Nasri (Signing Confirmed)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Samir Nasri (Signing Confirmed)

Postby Universidad-de-Chile on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 pm

(At the other side of the coin) Just not forget it, lads...

There is also another Samir Nasri when it comes to his behaviour... (comes to mind the game againts Leicester for Sevilla in the Champions League 2017) ... when he will provoke and stessed with fouls from rivals players...

So, I really hope Pellegrini could sort his bad manners in some very important maches in some way out...

I really like Nasri (dont missunderstand me) ... but...
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Universidad-de-Chile

Location: Anti "Bigs": Real M, Boca, Bayern M, Liverpool / ManU, Colo Colo, PSG, AC Milan...

Postby djbubbles on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm

He was excellent in his 2 games for us. Tidy, technical and clever.
However Lanzini is very different in my opinion. Hes all of the above, but a brilliant dribbler aswell. Looking forward to seeing them together.
djbubbles

Postby HammerAl on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:06 pm

There was one point in the second half where Nasri was receiving instructions from the MP. You could see him really listening and taking on board what he was saying. Seems like there’s a huge amount of respect there.
HammerAl

Postby Universidad-de-Chile on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:11 pm

HammerAl wrote:There was one point in the second half where Nasri was receiving instructions from the MP. You could see him really listening and taking on board what he was saying. Seems like there’s a huge amount of respect there.

+ 2.

I known, I saw the game...

But, like I said, I have seen also a lot of football in my life, so... everything could happens...

(but it could bring some bad luck, so, I will shut up my mouth and not repeat again. One time is enough!)
Universidad-de-Chile

Location: Anti "Bigs": Real M, Boca, Bayern M, Liverpool / ManU, Colo Colo, PSG, AC Milan...

Postby leyton Hammer on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 pm

I must admit that I was very sceptical about his signing, mostly due to his attitude, and he doesn't look like he has missed 18 (?) months of football, he always finds time for a pass under pressure and could be an excellent addition, if only we had a fully fit squad we could be serious challengers for a Euro spot.
leyton Hammer

Postby IronworksDave on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:12 am

Was dead against this signing (still think it's shorty term thinking) but that said I have to take it all back ... adding the experience from Samir paid massive dividends today. I'm amazed that a guy who by his own admission had been on a six month bender, can come back so well. Nice one .....
IronworksDave

Postby eastsider on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:18 am

Not too sure about short term thinking he is only 31?!
:crest:
eastsider

Postby traxop on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:50 am

An advert for the proverbial adage that class is indeed permanent. Proves that you don't need to be young to be hungry.

I suspect he'll be another signing in the Pellergrini era that will turn out to be largely positive. Highlights what we've been missing, a creative midfield that can link the Wings and Forwards up.

You can almost see his footballing mind ticking over on a couple of plays when he was penned in at their corner. He doesn't panic despite being isolated 2 on 1, instead he invites them on and works his man for a corner. If this was Diaganna or Antonio, they would have probably seen the 2 defenders closing in and think the window of opportunity is fast closing and try to go squeeze pass them - often resulting in a lost possession.

Again, I'm really glad we've got another player that is so comfortable on the ball. We're slowly building a squad capable of playing football that is pleasing to the eye.
traxop

Postby Jumby on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:14 am

I trusted Pellegrini with this one, he knows what he's doing, and so far it looks like it has been a great bit of business
Jumby

Postby Danny's Dyer Acting on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:11 am

djbubbles wrote:He was excellent in his 2 games for us. Tidy, technical and clever.
However Lanzini is very different in my opinion. Hes all of the above, but a brilliant dribbler aswell. Looking forward to seeing them together.

If Nasri has matured as he claims over the last year or so, then he will be a fantastic person for Lanzini to learn from over the next year or so. I agree with your point about their respective abilities but I would bet Nasri is much better at ensuring his team keep possession.

If this is the level we can expect from him over the rest of the season it also makes bringing Lanzini back into the team a much easier process.
Danny's Dyer Acting

Postby Beedub on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:51 am

Nasri was very impressive

Hard to see how Lanzini, Anderson, Yarmo, Antonio, Snodgrass, Diagana all can stay in the same squad. A couple or few will need to go you think. Great problem to have though
Beedub

Postby dodger on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 am

Beedub wrote:Nasri was very impressive

Hard to see how Lanzini, Anderson, Yarmo, Antonio, Snodgrass, Diagana all can stay in the same squad. A couple or few will need to go you think. Great problem to have though

It’ll probably be Antonio and Snodgrass to leave in the next couple of seasons.
I’m glad we have so many options in attacking midfield though. It’s an area we always end up with injuries in, and it’s also about time we had a squad to challenge in all competitions.
dodger

Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Postby Beedub on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 am

Agree

Only thing that may save Antonio is his versatility and the fact he can have an impact as a sub so doesn’t necessarily have to start.
Beedub

Postby Discobar on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 am

A lot of humble pie in this thread I reckon. The initial reaction to signing Nasri you would have thought we were signing a Nazi sympathiser rapist
Discobar

Postby IronworksDave on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:05 am

Discobar wrote:A lot of humble pie in this thread I reckon. The initial reaction to signing Nasri you would have thought we were signing a Nazi sympathiser rapist

Drug using, prostitute shagging, alcoholic ... but never a Nazi .....
IronworksDave

Postby Coops on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 am

I as sceptical that he would be fit enough. I am happy to be proved wrong, he looks a cracking player, he certainly has a great footballing brain and the skills to match.
Last edited by Coops on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coops

Postby WCpete on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:27 am

I never said he wasn’t a good player. I said he was a see you next tuesday of a character. For the record, I no longer care because he makes us better and I’m a hypocrite. Otherwise known as an armchair football fan. Allez a Mardi prochain.
WCpete

Postby the pink palermo on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:22 am

He played very well yesterday, albeit against an Arsenal team that lets players play. That of course is true for the rest of our players as well/
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby ludo22 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 am

I thought this was a disaster of a signing but I am more than happy to be very surprised.His attitude on the pitch is excellent and I think the key here is Pell.Nasri obviously has great respect for him. :crest:
ludo22

Postby S-H on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:49 am

So calm and composed in tight areas. Very impressed so far.
S-H

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion