Samir Nasri (Signing Confirmed)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Samir Nasri (Signing Confirmed)

Postby Swiss Pauli on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:48 am

S-H wrote:Still can't see him getting more than a few minutes, if he plays at all.

I think he will start against Brum (who will also rotate) in the cup.
Swiss Pauli

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:01 pm

kitthehammer wrote:Samir Nasri will be allowed to make his West Ham debut against Brighton at the London Stadium on Wednesday, despite some confusion over new Premier League rules.

Clubs had agreed previously that no new players registered at the start of the window would be eligible to play in January's first round of matches.

However, because Nasri was out of contract, signed last week outside of the transfer window and the Hammers had space in their Premier League squad list, the Frenchman is available for selection.

Sean Bean is dusting off his justice in football outfit and The Blunts are going through the PL manual as we speak.....

:D
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby Burnley Hammer on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Thought he did very well today considering it's his first competitive match for a long time. His passing in tight situations is excellent and he hardly gave the ball away at all. This is the kind of player that Arnie and Anderson need to play off... he's on the same wavelength.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby Ozza on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Burnley Hammer wrote:Thought he did very well today considering it's his first competitive match for a long time. His passing in tight situations is excellent and he hardly gave the ball away at all. This is the kind of player that Arnie and Anderson need to play off... he's on the same wavelength.

Totally agree
Ozza

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Yup. No question. Given the time since his last appearance, that was a very impressive debut today. A real calm and tidy presence in MF.
DasNutNock

Postby Puff Daddy on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:11 pm

To be fair, he always has been a very good player, it is just us and our prejudice that has always labelled him as a bit of a ****
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Ozza on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:To be fair, he always has been a very good player, it is just us and our prejudice that has always labelled him as a bit of a ****

well that and a load of his antics falling out with people at various clubs and the national squad
Ozza

Postby SullySpecial on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Next level.
SullySpecial

Postby davids cross on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:15 pm

He played how I expected.

Time on the ball, nice control, good passing........

A nice debut after an enormous amount of time out.
davids cross

Postby polar on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:37 pm

agree with the above. Looked promising. Looked like he could have lasted longer than the 60 minutes he was given, although I completely understand why he was taken off when he was.
polar

Postby HammerMan2004 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Very composed on the ball. Looking forward to see what he offers us in the coming months.
HammerMan2004

Postby Kialos on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:44 pm

That's the difference between a top class player coming back after a long lay off and someone like Carroll. Nasri looked like he could have gone on for longer. You don't need weeks to get your touch back.
Kialos

Postby Ozza on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Kialos wrote:That's the difference between a top class player coming back after a long lay off and someone like Carroll. Nasri looked like he could have gone on for longer. You don't need weeks to get your touch back.

Not sure that's totally fair, ones been out for a year with an injury, the other on a drugs ban
Ozza

Postby mumbles87 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Kialos wrote:That's the difference between a top class player coming back after a long lay off and someone like Carroll. Nasri looked like he could have gone on for longer. You don't need weeks to get your touch back.

Not harsh

He isn’t just back at all

He has been training with us since what November? That’s 2 months of training under his belt

Carroll looked delighted to score. Like a weight was lifted .. clearly taking its toll mentally being injured a lot
mumbles87

Postby Patito on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Thought that was a really decent debut from him, especially considering how long he’s been out for.

One of those players that opposition can’t get near at time.

Played a superb first time pass with his ‘wesker’ foot under pressure early in the second half and made it look effortless. He’s going to be useful.
Patito

Postby Burnley Hammer on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:05 pm

I think what he means is natural ability doesn't leave you. One of my biggest complaints about us is how we rush our attacks and give the ball away far too cheaply. Its puts our midfield and defence under a lot of pressure when it constantly results in a counter attack, and tires us unnecessarily. I have also complained regularly about the lack of a central link up man to take the old lanzini role, offering support to both arnie and anderson. Nasri could help solve both. I'm curious as to whether pellegrini will use him like that in a 4-2-3-1, or out wide. I hope it's the former as I think we'd keep the ball better at the right end of the pitch.
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby Chrissieboy on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 am

Burnley Hammer wrote:I think what he means is natural ability doesn't leave you. One of my biggest complaints about us is how we rush our attacks and give the ball away far too cheaply. Its puts our midfield and defence under a lot of pressure when it constantly results in a counter attack, and tires us unnecessarily. I have also complained regularly about the lack of a central link up man to take the old lanzini role, offering support to both arnie and anderson. Nasri could help solve both. I'm curious as to whether pellegrini will use him like that in a 4-2-3-1, or out wide. I hope it's the former as I think we'd keep the ball better at the right end of the pitch.

Very true. Snodgrass and Anderson have been great at times but give the ball away a bit cheaply too. Nasri doesn't usually and is good to hear he had a decent run out. He always wanted to play in the middle rather than on the wings. Will be interesting to see how he does now against Prem opposition when given the chance. Hopefully he'll still find space and keep possession.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks

Postby Cellar-door on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Wonderful today, just so clever in small spaces, and so smart to get into the pockets in the defense.
Can't wait to see him with Chicharito who plays a similar finesse style, could see the two of them be quite the pairing, especially if Arnautovic leaves.
Cellar-door

Postby Swiss Pauli on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Has still got it physically as well: lots of sprinting today. Might take a while for him to manage 90 mins at full pace, but with three subs available that's not such a problem.
Last edited by Swiss Pauli on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swiss Pauli

Postby prophet:marginal on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

I can see him and Anderson taking some of the bottom half clubs to the cleaners in the remainder of the season. They've both got some lovely close control and it seems infectious. Noble's play was by and large of a really high standard too.
prophet:marginal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion