Sky TV non whu NSFW

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Sky TV non whu NSFW

Postby Rays Rock on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:15 am

Left Sky many, many years ago when i realised how little i was actually watching matches. I liked the idea of being able to sit down and watch Sunday or Monday night coverage but usually after about 10 mins i’ve lost any intrest and started channel hopping. On top of all that i hated the obvious top 4 wankfest from the sycophants they employ and call pundits. All very preachy and predictable.
The very top package can cost you getting on for£ 1000 for a year !
Rays Rock

Postby szola on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:08 am

carnage wrote:Sky haven’t ruined football, it’s the clubs who initially took up their bid and now continually sell out to them.

When was football ever clean after it became professional? :|
szola

Postby delbert on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:37 am

Pocket Pardew wrote:
I subscribe to the lot and wouldn't be without it.

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
Me too. I'd rather give Sky my hard earned than the clowns that ruin.... sorry run our club.

They're still getting it, just after Sky have taken their cut........
delbert

Postby fmgod on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 am

Obviously this may sound hypocritical but I enjoy watching Italian, French and the lower leagues a lot more on TV now. To me even the Championship is just a mini Premier League now with the money in that.
fmgod

Postby Denzil on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 am

Sky Sports is the only TV channel I watch. Between that and Netflix I don't watch any other channel bar the odd occasion (generally sports related) I watch a program of terrestrial.
Denzil

Postby Wembley1966 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am

^^^ Head across to the Music, Film & TV forum - the "What did you watch last night?" thread is full of comments about great terrestrial programs - and the Kodi thread talks about everything that Pocket Pardew watches for £22 a year, including all the 3:00pm matches.
Wembley1966

Postby taffhammer on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Pulls up Trees wrote:Better get used to it Taff.

Robots will be doing most of our jobs within 10 years, it figures that that our entertainment will also be 100% digital.

Agreed, my point being they could have had a 3pm Sunday and 8pm midweek game live and cut the season ticket price whilst still earning a fortune from sky. They didn't, its wrong.
taffhammer

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Up the Junction wrote:If Sky hadn't come along, another opportunist would've taken their place.

Personally speaking I've never purchased one of their products and almost certainly never will, but each to their own.

Same here boss. The only time I MAY consider anything to do with them is if Murdoch ever takes his grubby fingers out of the pie.

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:When I was freelancing in telly outside broadcasts I also refused to work for them.

Like you JBB, I refuse to work directly for them. I did a couple of weeks at their studios a few years ago; never again. F**king horrible place to work with a real "nobody gives a s**t" attitude everywhere you go.
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby Up the Junction on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Just being consistent. I'd consider it hypocritical to believe they destroyed football as a working man's sport while helping them do it.

:thup:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Previous

Return to General Discussion